Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

has to be:
P.S. I Love you
Marley and Me

Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Up until last night i would have said Brians Song

but last night I saw an extraordinary documentary.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father.

&feature=player_embedded

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
I just put that on my netflix to watch later. Let you know what I think afterwards

i always say Steel Magnolias, Legends of the Fall, Imitation of Life, and Walk the Line.

Up until last night i would have said Brians Song

but last night I saw an extraordinary documentary.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father.

&feature=player_embedded
One of the most horrible, painful things I have ever seen. Belongs in a different category than sad fiction movies, of course. I don't know how highly I'd rate it 'as a film', but that really doesn't matter, it is a document of unfathomable evil and unimaginable loss.

Gone With the Wind, it may have ended on a lighter note in the last 10 seconds, but the entire building was just.. so sad

The Last Song
Titanic

Bullet Boy, The Champ. Those are the only ones I can think of for now

Dancer in the Dark and Grave of the Fireflies.

Nothing compares to those two.

Hah, I've read back a few pages, and it looks like yall already beat me to Dancer in the Dark. And Vespertine is clearly Bjork's best album!

SLC punk-The part towards the end(last 10 mins) when stevo(ML) goes to wakeup his one & onley true best friend bob the next day.....Matthew lilard couldn't have done that scene any beter.
Watch if you must,but id rather you watch the movie before you see it.

I like to watch movies with good quality sourround & have it at medium-more loud volume,relly helps you get into movies more.And I try to visualize myself being in the situation.This was the onley one that gave me goosebumps & shed a tear.
These came pretty darn close:
The Road To Perdition
Whats eating gilbert grape
What dreams may come,could probly think of more.

Anything where children die is pretty much tied for me.

For me the saddest movie I can think of is Song for a Raggy boy. It is just totally heartbreaking..

And Vespertine is clearly Bjork's best album!
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic. Lately it's been derailed pretty badly.

It's probably my third favorite at best. The typical answer is Homogenic, just like Disintegration, but seriously it's hard to disprove how brilliant it is. Medulla could've been that good but it could've used just one more BOOM track, if you know what I mean. The only problem I have with Vespertine is that it doesn't flow as well as her albums usually do, and for an artist like this it's a more important element than usual.

I WILL TALK ABOUT THE SADDEST MOVIE EVER WHEN IT JUST SO HAPPENS TO EXIST

The Savages
Awakenings
Of Mice and Men (any version of the play or movie)

The Remains of The Day is up there for me.

I've got two The Elephant Man and Silent running.

I don't know about you all but i have never shed a tear on any movie not to sound too cocky.