Inception

→ in
Tools    

One of the best films in my opinion is Inception; It explores the mind, the thoughts and the actions of the normal human. we all had some type of a horrible relationship, you loved the man/girl soo much but you let her or him go. People may die in our life, loved ones might die also but all you gotta do is live the life,if you keep going up the steps you might find love better yet you might find humanity.

Hell of a film. Not as confusing as people had led me to expect. Maybe because they have different opinions of what constitutes complexity, or maybe because I just didn't see something they did.

Christopher Nolan Comments on Debatable Moments from INCEPTION

Originally Posted by Collider
First addressing the fact that the children at the end of Inception haven't aged at all or changed clothing since Cobb's (Leonardo Dicaprio) dream sequences and flashbacks.
“The kids are not wearing the same clothes at the end! And they do age! We were working with two sets of kids," said Nolan.
When Inception ends, Cobb spins the top on the table to determine if he's dreaming or not, if the top falls over, he's actually awake, if it continues to spin then he's still dreaming. The movie cuts to black before we know what the top does.
“The important thing is that Cobb’s not looking at the top. He doesn’t care," said Nolan.
Many have made the argument that the entire movie Inception is a dream itself. Nolan squashes that theory...sort of..
“For the ambiguity at the end to work, you need to see that Cobb’s world and the dream world are very similar. And you need to doubt Cobb," said Nolan.
One of the biggest arguments that the entire film is a dream would be the scene in which Cobb is escaping from corporate goons in the city of Mombasa and the alleyway he's in seems like it's closing in on him to an unrealistic degree.
“I wanted to show the potential for the real world to have analogies to the dream world. The mazelike city of Mombasa does that," said Nolan.
He does leave more intrigue to the idea that Inception 'could' entirely be a dream by commenting on the phrase "leap of faith" being used during the film repeatedly, which would possibly be an artifact of Cobb's subconscious.
“I don’t think I’m going to tell you about this," said Nolan.
As for the idea that Inception is a movie about architecture or the metaphorical idea of how one creates a movie, i.e. the forger (actor), the director, the architect etc. Nolan doesn't confirm one or the other but does say that he created Inception with ideas he's familiar with.
“I didn’t intend to make a film about film-making, but I gravitated toward the creative process that I know. The film is about architects. It’s about builders," said Nolan.

lunchtimewithdad.com
Inception is a surprisingly clean movie without much language or sexual content. The only thing that was bothersome was the suicide. That would keep me from wanting to let kids watch it. Just my opinion.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If they might have a problem with suicide, then are they even old enough to watch this film?

Would they understand it?

Suspect's Reviews

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I thought this movie was incredible. I think I'm in the same boat as everyone else who watches it for the first time; gonna have to watch that a couple more times to really get it. Despite some of the negative aspects of the movie (the unimaginative dream world vs a more vivid one, etc), I thought it was very well done.

I agree with TheUsualSuspects. I mean, it is a movie based on fantasy and they probably see worse just watching TV. Just my .02 cents.

I thought this movie was really cool, but you definitely need to pay attention to it. My friends and I made a spoof of it. If you're interested, go to youtube, type in jcdadrummer incemination, and you can watch it.

"Live forever or die trying"
the making of this film is really surprising...a lot of it isn't fake, most of it is massive contraption. Example is the rotating hallway is a huge cylinder that rotates with the hallway suspended in it. Its a crazy sort of documentary to watch.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
we all had some type of a horrible relationship, you loved the man/girl soo much but you let her or him go. People may die in our life, loved ones might die also but all you gotta do is live the life,if you keep going up the steps you might find love better yet you might find humanity.
To me there really was no relationship in the film. It seemed tacked on. Like they had this idea about the "dream agents" and slowly added a story to it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I saw this on the largest screen in Australasia - the Imax in Auckland - and I was mesmerized - it was stunning. I've seen it twice so far, and will undoubtedly see it several more times - I don't think it's as easy to watch again as, say, Pulp Fiction is, but I rate it as one of the most original and clever films I've ever seen, and it is definitely right up there with other ground breaking movies like The Matrix for shear imaginative brilliance. I was looking for a slight twist at the end with the top, and perhaps Cobb's wife - but perhaps Nolan has an even deeper twist in there somewhere that I'll have to find.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I was looking for a slight twist at the end with the top, and perhaps Cobb's wife - but perhaps Nolan has an even deeper twist in there somewhere that I'll have to find.
Well the top was meant to throw the viewer off. That's the meaning behind the last frame of the film. The fact the top wobbles slightly, but keeps going doesn't hold consistent with the world the film creates. Either it topples or it doesn't.

I'll save you some time and reveal to you the secret twist that Nolan has in there. The twist is he wants you to look for the twist, when there really is no twist, just an idea with a half-baked written script and dialogue to give "flesh" to an idea of a film.

A system of cells interlinked
Nolan has made it quite clear that at the end of the film, our concern shouldn't be the top, but more so why Cobb no longer cares about the top.

Yeah, the point is that Cobb's given up and or believes in his current reality to the point where he no longer checks to see if it's real.

Of course, the fact that the totem wasn't even his and, therefore, he could never be sure of it's 'real feel' seems to be forgotten throughout the whole film. Unless I missed something, anyway.

Who owned it originally doesn't alter its value much. The point is that its weight and feel be known only to you, and since the only other person who knew what it weighed and felt like was Mal, it fits the bill.

Regardless, a totem that only your spouse knew about would be just about as good, unless you thought your spouse might try to trick you, or was in danger of being compelled to describe it to someone else.

so I finally watched this summer blockbuster, and I felt.......well, underwhelmed. I like DiCaprio lots, but cmon - the man is becoming typecast. I felt like I was watching Shutter Island all over again. "Hey Mom! Its DiCaprio again! And he has emotional problems......again!" the story itself felt like a trapping created to sex-up a bland story about a sad and traumatized widower.

I can give you the story in a quick run-down.

A man is sad and traumatized because his wife asked him to commit murder-suicide with her and their children; he did not want to, so she killed herself and set him up for her murder - he really loved her but she was crazy, and he had to run from the cops else spend the rest of his life in jail. Now he lives a life of survivor-guilt and regret as an ex-patriot, and hopes deep inside that he can one day clear his name and be normal again. Cue pscho-babble/thrilling flash-and-bang.

Am I alone?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can give you the story in a quick run-down.

A man is sad and traumatized because his wife asked him to commit murder-suicide with her and their children; he did not want to, so she killed herself and set him up for her murder - he really loved her but she was crazy, and he had to run from the cops else spend the rest of his life in jail. Now he lives a life of survivor-guilt and regret as an ex-patriot, and hopes deep inside that he can one day clear his name and be normal again. Cue pscho-babble/thrilling flash-and-bang.

Am I alone?
That doesn't make the story seem simple to me. If you want to go by that notion, let's look at some classics.

Goodfellas : Henry Hill works his way up through the mob hierarchy, starting as a teenager, ending as an adult who rats.

Godfather: The aging patriarch of the organized crime family Corleone gives total control of his "empire" to his reluctant son

You actually made the film seem more complicated than it actually is.

am I alone?

On a side note - I was confused as to which film you were describing at first, Shutter Island or Inception.

Similarities between Donald Duck comic and Inception

Christopher Nolan's 'Inception' has it all: a mind-bending, imaginative plot, awe-inspiring stunts, heartbreaking acting and an ending that leaves viewers scratching their noggin.

But the ‘original’ film’s concept may not be so original after all. Earlier this week, an old children's comic featuring Uncle Scrooge McDuck and Donald Duck, believed to have been published in 2002 in the UK (and in the US two years later), which focused on an adventure that is eerily similar to Nolan's masterpiece.

There was talk of the similarities when the film was first released last year, with an attorney even getting involved, "Dream manipulation has been around at least since Shakespeare's fairies did it in 'A Midsummer Night's Dream,'" the lawyer was quoted as saying. “The concepts of the comic and the movie may be similar, but that alone is not enough to claim infringement." In any case Nolan is said to have pitched his 80-page 'Inception' treatment to Warner Bros. in 2001, before the comic was published.

But if Christopher Nolan had already submitted his insanely complicated film idea, and the Donald Duck writers didn’t see it until after the comic was released, how spooky that the two stories are so similar.

In the film DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a corporate espionage thief who enters people's dreams and steals valuable information.

Dream invasion is the order of the day in the comic as well, with the story focusing on the Beagle Boys’ attempts to invade Scrooge's mind while he is asleep. The idea is that the miser will be dreaming of his vast fortune, and the crooks can enter his subconscious to learn the combination to his safe. Sound familiar?

The comic then introduces things that also feature in the film, including 'kicks' which allow the characters to exit the dream world by ‘falling’.

The threat of limbo hangs over the main characters in both stories, and there is even the added twist of Scrooge facing up to the guilt of mistreating an old flame – much like the relationship DiCaprio has with Marion Cotillard's character in 'Inception'.

Christopher Nolan may not have been a fan of Donald Duck comic books, but Steven Spielberg certainly was. He admitted the first 'Indiana Jones' with Indy running from the giant boulder was inspired by 1954 Uncle Scrooge comic, 'The Seven Cities of Cibola'.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/arti...inception.html

If you click the link there's panels of the comic.