Popularity Meter • Do You Know Them?

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
@mrblond could you please post who all the people in the images are? I'm sure us ill informed MoFos would like to know
Yes, I intended this thread to be educational as well. There are info for every personality in the above reveals.

I only ever knew Carl Lewis as an esteemed name in track and field. But I had no idea what he looked like. Flo-Jo is probably the only track star I could pick out because of her iconic look.
I do know who Berlusconi is but couldn’t identify him. Ted Turner is probably the only media mogul I could pick out because he was married to Jane Fonda. As fo the French guy, all I have to say is, who?
Will there be a G4?

G4 - How many of these do you identify?

-----

WARNING: "Names" spoilers below
31. Paulette Goddard [5.70]
32. Andy Warhol [10.0]
33. Catherine, Princess of Wales [8.90]
34. Eddie Vedder [3.33]
35. Diane Keaton [8.90]
36. Peyton Manning [6.11]
37. Roman Polanski [5.70]
38. Romy Schneider [3.67]
39. Robbie Williams [4.44]
40. Ruud Gullit

I definitely know who 34 is. I'm pretty sure about 32, 35, and 36 (36 I must recognize from product endorsements or something, because I definitely don't care about his career. Not that I care about 32 or 35's careers either). 33 looks really familiar but I can't put a name to the face. No clue about the rest.

Edit: I think I've figured out who 33 is.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Definitely know 33 and 39
Pretty sure on 32, 35 and 37
I think I know 31, but could be wrong
38 and 40 seem familiar but not sure who they are
34 and 36 aren't familiar to me

I definitely recognize 31, 32, 33, 35 and 37. I also recognize Rick James and Geraldo Rivera’s moustache but I can’t place the actual guy.
Thanks mrblond this is fun!

I know 32, 33...35 looks like someone but hard to confirm from that shot. I know who 37 is. That's it.
You are right about 35. Nobody else wears their clothes like that.

Reckon I got 31, 32, 33, 36, 38 and 39. Feel like I should know a couple others but can't place them.

For G1 I got Prost because I've been an F1 enthusiast in addition to Berlusconi and Wilder. Missed Peter Ustinov and Picasso as the images were unfamiliar.

To begin revealing of G2,
(index of popularity: arithmetic average 1-10)

Natalie Wood joins the group of most popular MoFo personalities with index 7.8/10:

13. Natalie Wood (1938 – 1981) [7.8] - American actress

a step behind her, with index 6.7/10 are:

14. Larry Bird (b. 1956) [6.7] - a basketball player, a NBA legend of Boston Celtics.
16. Emmanuel Macron (b. 1977) [6.7] - a French politician, President of France since 2017.

to be continued.

Revealing of G2, part II
(index of popularity: arithmetic average 1-10)

11. Henry Ford (1863 – 1947) [4.4] - American industrialist and business magnate
17. Nina Simone (1933 – 2003) [4.4] - American jazz and R&B singer
18. Toshiro Mifune (1920 – 1997) [4.4] - Japanese actor
19. Kim Wilde (b. 1960) [4.4] - British pop singer

15. Liam Gallagher (b. 1972) [4.2] - British rock star, front man of Oasis.

12. Roger Federer (b. 1981) [3.3] - Tennis legend, winner of 103 titles in the World ATP Tour, including 20 Grand Slams.
20. Alexander Payne (b. 1961) [3.3] - American filmmaker.
-----

For G2, the surprise was that few identified Toshiro Mifune.

The only one I recognized from G2 was Larry Bird and it took me awhile to figure out who it was. I don't care at all about sports and have never watched a basketball game. I probably only recognized him because he was part of the Olympic "Dream Team" from 1992. I don't care about the Olympics either, but it was all over the news at the time.

Alexander Payne is quite handsome. I don’t recognize Mifune outside of a samurai costume. I’ll have to check out Kim Wilde, i should’ve known her. I was close concerning Liam Gallagher. I guessed smug English musician.