The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Yeah, if you're not interested in the political aspects of the film, or in the story of the sick mother (which is really the emotional backbone of the film), then I can imagine it coming across as pretty dull and unmemorable. Other than the family sentiment, the politics are a huge part of what makes this film stand out to me, but that probably does require knowledge (or at least a passing interest) in East vs West German society to have any significance.

That's part of the reason why I was a little worried about how the film would be received here. Overall it has been more positive than I was expecting, so I'm not disappointed. At least you liked Daniel Brühl.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, 2012)

(rewatch)

I knew this had made a strong impression on me the first time I watched, strong enough to made my Top 100, but I was curious to see how would I react to a 2nd watch. I'm pleased to say I've liked it even more this time around!
I can relate so much to this film. I don't know why or what in it attracts me the most but I just know this resonated in me in a way that confirms Moonrise Kingdom as one of my Top 100 films of all time.
I love the direction, the way every character is built, the story, the soundtrack (you can't go wrong with Britten), the pacing, pretty much everything. In my opinion, Anderson's best, by a landslide.

-

Bashu, The Little Stranger (Bahram Beizai, 1989)

I found this hard to get into but it grew on me as it kept going! I loved the character of the mother and she embraces Bashu as her own! There are some pretty impressive scenes, especially the one where she asks him how are things called in his language and the one where he escapes! A fine nom and a worthy participant of a HoF!

+

Today was the day!

I really felt like finally rewatching Samurai Rebellion. I went weeks without having the feeling and suddenly it just came to me like the biggest gift of all. I was so eager to watch it, I was simply craving finally getting it over and I was totally and completely ready to watch that movie and send that list in!

But then my mood switched and I was like "meh" screw that

[Goodbye Lenin] Overall it has been more positive than I was expecting, so I'm not disappointed...
Cosmic, Goodbye Lenin, impressed me and I'm picky about movies but really enjoyed your nom, so I'm glad you joined this Hof

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Today was the day!

I really felt like finally rewatching Samurai Rebellion. I went weeks without having the feeling and suddenly it just came to me like the biggest gift of all. I was so eager to watch it, I was simply craving finally getting it over and I was totally and completely ready to watch that movie and send that list in!

But then my mood switched and I was like "meh" screw that
So in other words your slacking ways are come back? Watch out, animation HOF

Well, I'm prepared to send a list anytime cause Her is quite fresh on my memory and I don't expect my feeling about it to change, but I wanna give it a rewatch even so before sending my list.

One month left til the deadline. Looks like we'll finish early though, MM has finished he just has to send his list, Neiba only has a rewatch left and Topsy has five left but she said she's watching two today.

Ive got moonrise kingdom,goodbye lenin and Samurai rebellion done.
I`ll have to do the write up tomorrow though-cos im going out tonight.

Got Ida left and im done.Took awhile longer,cos im not comfortable using unknown streaming sites while in the hosp.
i dont wanna be blamed for getting a virus

Ive got moonrise kingdom,goodbye lenin and Samurai rebellion done.
I`ll have to do the write up tomorrow though-cos im going out tonight.

Got Ida left and im done.Took awhile longer,cos im not comfortable using unknown streaming sites while in the hosp.
i dont wanna be blamed for getting a virus
Your dedication is admirable, Tops. I know it's probably just the thing to relax with a movie when being bedbound or whatever at a hospital, but nevertheless, it's still impressive and I repsect it a lot.

MoFo>>>>Accidents "I was in an accident you say? Sh*t hold on, I gotta finish this HoF on MoFo!"

aw,thanks!
Yeah its just the right thing to take my mind off of things! as depressing as my life is atm,you see and hear so much tragedy here its really awful-so i pop my headphones on and tune everything out!
My whole room watched moonrise kingdom together though,which was a lot of fun!

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Aw, nice! Did you go into deep discussions with them about the movie afterwards, too?