Movie Tab II

Tools    

I loathed the opening sequence - i thought i was watching another trailer for a different film.
me too it was awful.Though I laughed most of the time

anyway:

Lara Croft:Tomb Raider(Simon West 2001)-It's not much but it's always fun when I watch it 4/5

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Peter Weir)

A very unique, haunting, and mysterious movie. Good times.

A system of cells interlinked
Network (Lumet, 1976)

Required viewing, kiddies.... Get with it.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Hughes, 1986)

Starting to show its age.

The Last Tycoon (Elia Kazan)

The more time I have to think about this movie, the less I like it.

The Age of Innocence (Martin Scorsese)

I don't know why I didn't watch this movie sooner! That guy Scorsese never ceases to amaze me.

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Curt Geda)

I was hoping for something like Mask of the Phantasm. Silly me.

Millions (Danny Boyle)

Good wholesome fun that left me in a happy mood. I was dancing during the end credits.

The Last King of Scotland

Thought it was pretty good and it reminded me of Blow in the way that a person's swept into a high life style real quick with serious consequences. Blow is better.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Wall Street (1987 - Oliver Stone)

Good stuff....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Justin Lin)

Caught this on HBO for some reason or another and was surprisingly entertained.

Miami Vice: Unrated (Michael Mann)

A minor improvement on the theatrical version, with a little more character development and a different beginning. Still a really smart and underrated cop movie, in my opinion. Also, the commentary on this disc features none other than the great Michael Mann, himself! That was definitely a good listen with alot of insight into the movie, the law, and the art of filmmaking.

Prospero's Books. One of the most beautiful movies ever made. I'm really surprised this hasn't had a good dvd release.

The Falls. Sitting through all three hours of this at a time is a lesson in tedium. There's just too much information to absorb. I place it with David Cronenberg's "Crimes of the Future" as an interesting if not entirely watchable early experiment that I might go back to some day.

Hurlyburly. I wish I could have seen the stage revival of this in N.Y. a few years ago. Basically the main reason to see this is for talented actors simultaneously playing and examining trainwrecks. The combined manicness + super slow dramatic pacing really wore me down after a while though.

Hot Fuzz. Saw it this afternoon. Most of it's pretty funny, like Shaun of the Dead (that one might be a little funnier), but it's the genre switching that gave it an edge for me. Good twist.

Talk to Her. I put off seeing this for a while but I'm glad I got around to it. I don't know what else to say about it other than it's excellent.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Miami Vice: Unrated (Michael Mann)

A minor improvement on the theatrical version, with a little more character development and a different beginning. Still a really smart and underrated cop movie, in my opinion. Also, the commentary on this disc features none other than the great Michael Mann, himself! That was definitely a good listen with alot of insight into the movie, the law, and the art of filmmaking.
I wasn't aware of that they had made another version. The original was a disappointment; too much love story and not enough focus on the relation between Crockett and Tubbs or on the crime plot.

La Battaglia di Algeri (1965 - Gillo Pontecorvo)

Fantastic film. It's frightening how contemporary it feels. If you haven't seen it allready - see it!

It's about the Algerian resistance that was born in the Alger casbah against the French colonist rulers in the 1950's. It's very realist and Pontecorvo's style is similar to the documentary or the news reel. It raises some really interesting questions about the justification of terrorism. For instance, many of the French soldiers are veterans from the French resistance against the Nazis during WWII. Now they are themselves playing the role of oppressors. Another thing I found interesting is how the police often are portraited as people who simply are doing their job, sometimes trying to save Algerians from the French mob.

These days, the War on Terror days, this film is a must see..... Isn't it funny how little things change during half a century?

Deja Vu

Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I never really got into this movie and the lead female wasn't a very good actress. She sort of looked like H. Berry, but she wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that H. Berry is a very hot, like an oven.

Deja Vu

Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I never really got into this movie and the lead female wasn't a very good actress. She sort of looked like H. Berry, but she wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that H. Berry is a very hot, like an oven.

let me guess the is for the explosion in the beginning and the is for the rest of the movie