MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Yeah, I'm sure it's correct, I'm just curious about the discrepancy. The thing I mentioned in my last post is the only thing I can think of that potentially explains it: the StatTracker will calculate things based on the roster that's in when you load it, and it'll keep doing that even if anyone changes their lineups. It updates the stats live, but not the rosters.

Do you have any adblockers on, or even built-in tracking limiters (Brave has a "shields up" option by default, for example)? Those have a nasty habit of interfering with JavaScript stuff, which is how both the StatTracker and the Live Standings pages update.

Regardless, feel free to take me up on the offer re: screenshots or asking me right when it happens, decent chance I'll be online. Mostly for my own curiosity more than anything.

sorry to reject St Helens Spruces trade offer, as I always feel bad rejecting them, but I want to see if I can find some SP off of waivers first before I consider trading away what’s looking like one of my few strengths.

Side note: Holds seem pretty difficult to achieve for some reason*, is it just me?

*unless your team is St Helens Spruces, who has 8(!) holds already. 🤨

Ha, I have the same issue rejecting trades. There's no reason we should feel bad about it, but...

I've had to go for holds because I don't have any closers. I picked up a couple of Padres middle relievers just for the Korea series. Results were mixed, but I know I got at least one hold out of it.

Nah nobody should feel bad rejecting trades. Though I would encourage people to include reasoning. Even if only because letting someone know you have no interest in Player X (or really like Player Y, or whatever) at least tells them not to bother you with another offer involving any of the same guys.

Nah nobody should feel bad rejecting trades. Though I would encourage people to include reasoning. Even if only because letting someone know you have no interest in Player X (or really like Player Y, or whatever) at least tells them not to bother you with another offer involving any of the same guys.

Where can we see messages on a rejected trade?

Where can we see messages on a rejected trade?
There's a text box on the accept/reject page and it gets included in the rejection email (might have to scroll down).

Some people just PM the person directly, particularly if the rejection is more a counter-offer or they want to talk about ways to tweak the deal.

A system of cells interlinked
My strategy is to send trades that are so bad, that people sprain their mouse fingers rejecting it so fast!

Am I mistaken or is this the first fantasy baseball season where the thin position is the Outfield?

There's a text box on the accept/reject page and it gets included in the rejection email (might have to scroll down).

Some people just PM the person directly, particularly if the rejection is more a counter-offer or they want to talk about ways to tweak the deal.

Huh, I've never gotten an email. Must have a setting turned off somewhere.

Am I mistaken or is this the first fantasy baseball season where the thin position is the Outfield?
It's honestly so weird how within a few years a position can go from loaded to scarce. Back in the day you could pluck a 1B late in the draft that would get you 25 homers with a decent average, now the position drops off so quick.

The trick is not minding
Ah, Maeda. I knew you were shaky before I drafted you.

Also, I always dread I’m cutting a player too early and fear they’ll somehow go on a tear once someone else scoops them up.

5.2 is such a maddening number, expect to see it a lot. Nola did it just yesterday and hadn't given up a run.

There is a stat called Quality Appearance that we can talk about in the offseason, potentially. Might be necessary, if not now, in the next couple of years, given the way pitchers are increasingly used.

5.2 is such a maddening number, expect to see it a lot. Nola did it just yesterday and hadn't given up a run.

There is a stat called Quality Appearance that we can talk about in the offseason, potentially. Might be necessary, if not now, in the next couple of years, given the way pitchers are increasingly used.

If a starter gives up four runs but is able to go eight or nine innings, he will still earn a Quality Appearance. In this scenario, the starter's ERA for the game will still be 4.50 or below, so he can still qualify for a QA.

Yes I copied and pasted that.

Yeah, it works both ways: 5 IP, 2 ER would qualify, too.

Technically it can go all the way "down" to fewer innings but I think requiring it be at least five is still best. Anyway, helps with a lot of the arbitrariness, IE: you'd rather have 6 IP and 3 ER than 5.2 IP and 0 ER.

The trick is not minding
Would be nice if some of my batters would at least try to steal base. Next to Holds and saves, that seems like a difficult category to get the hang of.