movies to seriously avoid seeing

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Alexander (Stone, 2004) - Incomprehensible battle scenes coupled with a hackneyed story had me rolling my eyes and shaking my head. Add to this a bizzare irish accent for all the greeks, and the ridiculous casting of Angelina Jolie as the mother of a man who is the same age as she is, and you have one of the worst films ever made. Val Kilmer was laughable and Farrell didn't seem to understand his character, at all. Man, what a piece of ****.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Both versions of Solaris are fantastic science fiction, IMO. I recommend both very highly. They are both quite slow, but incredibly deep and extremely well shot. Cerberal sci-fi at it's best.
Yeah, I was going to try and help them see the light, or at least direct them to THIS thread...but then I realized trying to point out the beauty and intelligence in such a film to somebody who thought White Chicks is kinda funny is like trying to teach astrophysics to a slug.

No offence to slugs intended.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I saw a movie called "Going Overboard" with Adam Sandler... trust me, stay far, far away. What shocked me most about it was the fact that someone paid money to have it produced. Amazing what people do with a lot of money. hahaha

Mars attacks was a pile of pants!! I wanted my 90 minutes back!

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yeah, I was going to try and help them see the light, or at least direct them to THIS thread...but then I realized trying to point out the beauty and intelligence in such a film to somebody who thought White Chicks is kinda funny is like trying to teach astrophysics to a slug.

No offence to slugs intended.

That was a bit harsh, I am not a slug. I don't mind though, everyone has their own movie tastes and their right to an opinion. But I feel the need to defend myself.

I am the typical movie goer. I want to be entertained and I'll pretty much watch whatever but Solaris just didn't entertain me. I do love science fiction though; the genre is amazing. I suggested it on this list to people like me.

Hostel was crap. I've never walked out on a movie but yaargh!!
(Yaargh!! as in a badly made movie not the other yaargh!)

Gory I get.
Sexy I understand....trust me

but no real story, a vague sort of detatched ending...Huh? Wha? where's my $8.50 gone?

There are those who call me...Tim.
If you're a fan of Richard Curtis and enjoyed Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, I suppose you should avoid Love Actually. It's such a huge contrast to his earlier work that it's hard to believe that this was the guy who co-wrote Blackadder.

It's not funny, it's too long, there are far too many stories happening at once and none of them get sufficient screen-time to develop them properly, and the delivery and comic timing for the jokes is flat.

The only thing going for this film is Bill Nighy, but if someone decides to make a clip-reel of his moments from the film and put it on YouTube, stick with that.

Oh, and the direction is lazy.

Good job Curtis(!)

One to avoid? 'The Cell', starring Jennifer Lopez. My friend saw it and he didn't like it. I saw it... and thought it was too much like an ordinary TV movie!

AA
http://www.myspace.com/aa_spaceagent

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I agree with the Napolean Dynamite It's just a stupid movie that begs for laughs.

I just saw Ultraviolet, and it was pretty bad. Bad cinematography, bad plot (heck there wasn't one), bad acting, etc. It was just bad. They didn't explain anything. The best part was her hair when it was purple.

The movie brings up one of the issues that bothers me most about cinema right now:
What is with the influx of superhero chicks who are all scorned and angry fighting against an oppressive government in faux leather catsuits. The powerful women scenario has so much more potential that any of the garbage that has been released lately. Make them more real. Filmmakers: you want to make a superchick movie, look to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars as examples of how powerful women get stuff done - without a catsuit.

Van Helsing. I walked out of the theater.
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

Originally posted by crazy chick
I agree with the Napolean Dynamite It's just a stupid movie that begs for laughs.
how can you say that the movie was great.It's not even a comedy.It shows real life American High-school not like in the movies where people are divided on cool guys and nerds

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy chick

how can you say that the movie was great.It's not even a comedy.It shows real life American High-school not like in the movies where people are divided on cool guys and nerds

When you are watching ND, you're thinking 'what the bleep am I watching?' but afterwards you understand how wonderful it was and how funny. I agree with B-Card, it does portray high school life more accurately than the majority of teen flicks out there.

Also, its become a cultural phenomenon. So it must have something good in it to warrant such attachment. "Gosh!"

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by B-card
Maybe the reason I don't rate ND is because I never went to an American high school.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
Maybe the reason I don't rate ND is because I never went to an American high school.

I didn't go to an American high school either (hello Canadian) but I still thought it was a more accurate portrayal of it than most teen movies.

Originally Posted by NapalmInTheMorning
Van Helsing. I walked out of the theater.

Wow, really? I enjoyed it quite a bit, I even bought it. I've never heard anybody say that.

Richard Roxburough was fantastic as Dracula, and probably the sexiest Drac I've seen on film. =)

Could it have been better? Heck yes, but I thought it accomplished what it had set out to do. And I don't think it was one of the worst movies ever made.

Originally Posted by Veronica
Solaris with George Clooney. I usually love the George, but I didn't even stay to watch the whole movie, I left the room.
Ouch, Veronica! I can't agree I thought it was fantastic.

www.forumninja.com
Ditto for thinking Solaris was fantastic. I know it's a movie that heavily divided audiences and critics, though.