the greatest horror film ever made

Tools    

unfortunately, i haven't had a chance to rent this movie, or read the book

I got a lot of favorites but the horror movie I personally think is the best ever is probably the original Dawn of the Dead. Night of the living dead new and old were good but there's so much more to Dawn. I was tempted to say The Shinning but I don't think the atmosphere is disturbing enough. Most parts are to a degree lighthearted. A really great horror movie, no question but I think Dawn's atmosphere of doom worked really well. The Evil Dead's really stand out too, especially the first one but the plot wasn't that new and the movie dragged at the end. It was still great though ofcourse! The Second Evil Dead which I love to no end isn't a solid horror movie but just a great movie. So, Personally I think Dawn of the Dead is.

Army of Darkness is on l8r today, on the scifi channel

gb tivo

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
unfortunately, i haven't had a chance to rent this movie, or read the book

The Shining? I highly recommend that one... We had a discussion about whether or not there were hidden meanings in Kubrick's version HERE if anyone is interested... course we got off topic a bit... ... but it was an interesting discussion…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I heard people say shining was scary when i watched it. It wasnt scary at all. i was laughing when the wife was screaming all over the house. and how stupid she was when jack sticked his head through the door. i would have stabbed his face in. But i do admit she was too scared and Terrified to do it and that her husband has gone crazy and wants to bash her brains in. i would like to know what was the reason for that bear and that guy in the bedroom at first i thought they were gay but im not sure anymore.

But i did like the Shining overall but it wasnt scary

The Shinining had several themes, but then, most of SK's movies do. I agree that it wasnt scary at all. The newer miniseries version (2002 or 2003, I think) was more ominous, up to date, and in-your-face with the hidden judgments, but I think I prefered the Jack Nicholson version. Far less blatant violence/malevolence, but somehow more subtly sinister.

i also prefered Nicholson, he seemed to capture the character better

I'm a Big Fat Dynamo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What about The Exorcist? Pretty scary, if a bit dated.

Same for Poltergeist and Don't Look Now, although that's probably more creepy than scary

yeah, it's a fine line

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I never found the Exorcist to be a horror, more of a comedy*ducks*.But here are a few of my favorites

The Shining(One of Kubricks best works)
Army of Darkness
Night of the Living dead
Friday the 13th(whole series)
Nightmare on elm street(Whole series)
Nosferatu
The Omen
The gate
Sleepy Hollow(Depp was great in this)
From Hell(Another good Depp film)
The ninth gate(Another good Depp Film)
Dracula
Halloween(series)
Evil dead 1&2

all the evil deads were just as much a comedy as Exorsist

to be honest, i've never seen the exorcist

The best horror movies ever are definitely from the Halloween series. I think that the original Halloween along with Halloween 4 are the 2 best horror movies of all time. I also really liked The Ring

Man, the scariest movie I've seen (so far) has been The Ring. I've seen it a million times and it still freaks me out. But I haven't really even seen a lot of horror movies BECAUSE they freak me out so much. But I was talked into this one. So it's the one for me!

im just love halloween so i have to say that. then either the shining or the original Texas chainsaw massacre

forrest gump is some scary stuff, retards with machine guns, but i suppose thats the point of the film, was there a point to furrest gump, im too scared to watch it again

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by V for Vendetta
forrest gump is some scary stuff, retards with machine guns, but i suppose thats the point of the film, was there a point to furrest gump, im too scared to watch it again

Making fun of retarded people is cool....Oh wait, no it isn't. Also, It's Forrest, not Furrest.

When you ask a question, I think you are supposed to use one of these to designate it: ?

Uh oh, I think your bus is leaving....

Originally Posted by ameri_fan
The best horror movies ever are definitely from the Halloween series. I think that the original Halloween along with Halloween 4 are the 2 best horror movies of all time. I also really liked The Ring
i actually though that 6 was better than 4 and 5, but 5 was probably the scariest, but among all movies, i'd have to say that the Shining gets the most praise for being the scariest, although i haven't had the privelige of seeing it, but after that, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake would have to be the scariest imho