What was the last good movie you saw in the theatre?

Tools    

I am usually dissapointed in most the movies Ive seen on the big screen as of late and was wondering what recent movies you actually enjoyed??

For me it was Kill Bill 2 and Man on Fire. Am I alone in wanting my money back for Van Helsing?

kill bill 2 and since i dont go to the movies alot the movie that i saw befor that, that i thought was pretty good was Barbershop 2 back in buisness

Last five movies

1. Stepford Wives-------4/10 Not worth my 10 bucks. I wouldn't even rent this garbage.
2. Line of Fire---------7.5/10 Good character development and action
3. Day After Tomorrow--6/10 Great special effect, poor character development.
4. Troy-----------------8/10 Excellent acting and action
5. Van Helsing---------5.5/10 Way too much with the CGIs. I left the theatre with my ears ringing cause of the high volume of the movie. Also what bothered me about this movie was the fact that every time someone fell, they would always fall in the perfect place. It was also a little too childish for me.

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW...................so so

Harry Potter
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Saddest Music in the World and Super Size Me last week.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Monster and The Cooler were both good movies.

The last great movie, however, was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I must become Caligari..!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Girl With A Pearl Earing
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

My last five visits were to see (from previous weeks to most recent);
Van Helsing **, expected little - I received little.
Kill Bill Volume: 2 ****, not as good as the first, but still good.
Troy ****, not fantastic - but as films are suppost to be, entertaining.
The Day After Tomorrow ***, took a mark off because of the Man United references.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ***, not as good as some major reviewers have said it was, but still watchable - and i'm not the biggest Carrey fan.

A system of cells interlinked
Kill Bill Vol 2

yup, time to hit the theater, it's been a few weeks!~!

i rarely go to the movies these days.

last few movies i saw theatrically were 'harry potter 3', 'kill bill 2', and 'steamboat bill, jr.' [with live musical accompaniment!]

all were good, the best one was obviously bill jr.

the last big disappointment for me was that new coen bros. one. yunno, the remake of the alec guinness one.

Sounds like most people are saying Kill Bill 2 and Harry Potter.

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
I am usually dissapointed in most the movies Ive seen on the big screen as of late and was wondering what recent movies you actually enjoyed??

For me it was Kill Bill 2 and Man on Fire. Am I alone in wanting my money back for Van Helsing?
I'm sorry to stumble on this post but I couldn't disagree with you more. Ha ha ha. Well, Man on fire was good. Liked 1 out of 3. I'm not gonna go into detail or anything. Too exhausting and meaningless. Oh, since everybody is saying they liked KILL BILL a lot. I'm just gonna say I hated it and it was one of the worst damn movies I've ever had the misfortune of spending money on and I really mean that. I usually rate movies like this.

One of the Greatest movies of all time
One of the greatest movies of the decade
One of the greatest movies in its genere
A great movie
A really good movie
A good movie
A bad movie but with some memorable parts
Crap
::Kill Bill 1 and 2 would go here below crap::

There's a lot of reasons why but I just don't feel like going into such constipated thinking.

Saw Dodgeball tonight. Couldn't be more dumb fun. Hitting somebody in the face with a ball was funny in the fourth grade, and dagnabbit it's still funny today! The "Simpsons" Troy McClure-type vintage '50s instructional reel with a cameo by Apu himself (Hank Azaria) was the highpoint for me, but I truly laughed the whole way through. Way stupid, and way fun.
GRADE: B+

The last movie I saw in theaters that I thought was a good movie was...Dawn of the Dead. Not even close to the original though. Couldn't lick the shoe of it but a good movie. TCM was also a good movie. Probably between good and really good but I've never seen the original. I did enjoy the remake though. I haven't really seen that many movies lately. I've been busy. Nothing comes to mind i wanted to see anyway. I'm really looking forward to Alexander though.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Saw Dodgeball tonight. Couldn't be more dumb fun. Hitting somebody in the face with a ball was funny in the fourth grade, and dagnabbit it's still funny today! The "Simpsons" Troy McClure-type vintage '50s instructional reel with a cameo by Apu himself (Hank Azaria) was the highpoint for me, but I truly laughed the whole way through. Way stupid, and way fun.
GRADE: B+
Me likey too.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Lost in Translation as I very very rarely go to the theater these days unless something interests me quite a bit. And usually what they have playing at the cineplexs doesn't. Besides theres too many golden oldies I'd rather just watch in the convienence of my front room with a cup of coffee and no annoying people around me.

Yes I'm quickly becoming a hermit.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201