Susan Sarandon dropped by United Talent Agency for Wrong Think

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2023/11/susan-s...ed-1235632398/

I don't want to take sides, but regardless of the side you take, it probably shouldn't get you blacklisted.

Maybe she can star in a remake of Burn Notice.

I'd sooner stay out of politics than lose a gig with an agent.

Sounds like UTA is a big one. Is this a potential career killer?

Sounds like UTA is a big one. Is this a potential career killer?
I haven't a clue. Just speaking for the anonymous Act III people

"Don't do anything rash. Calm down. Don't take any risks."

I think: this thread will be locked.

But before it's locked I want to vent and say it's a complete utter disgusting outrage that...
WARNING: "." spoilers below
Twitters name was changed to X, ha....nothing political here to read in my post, though if I was to speak my mind, well!.

There is no side to take with this, what she said was disgusting. It would be the same the other way around too if said about a different community.

There is no side to take with this, what she said was disgusting. It would be the same the other way around too if said about a different community.
Amen

The trick is not minding
There is a discussion to be had, not here of course, but within the world about Israel’s treatment of Palestine and the allegations against them regarding possible apartheid. Did their treatment of Palestinians necessitate Hamas actions for freedom? Are those actions too much? Where is the line? (Easy one there).

But rather than lump the whole of the Jewish community and population together as being complicit, these allegations should only be levied at the Israeli government and Netanyahu himself.

Sarandon should have chosen her words better.

I think: this thread will be locked.

But before it's locked I want to vent and say it's a complete utter disgusting outrage that...
WARNING: "." spoilers below
Twitters name was changed to X, ha....nothing political here to read in my post, though if I was to speak my mind, well!.
And before it's locked, I'll just say: too bad that, unlike the UTA, we can't just "drop" some people from Congress when they do the same things.

(Oh shoot! Now I've done it.)

The trick is not minding
Another actress is being raked over the coals for her comments on The Hamas-Israel War.
This time it’s Melissa Barrera, and this time I don’t agree with her firing from Scream 7.

She made comments about Israel’s alleged crimes against Palestinians and ethnic cleansing, and is being accused of anti senitism.

This feels different to me, as unlike Sarandon, she doesn’t call out the Jewish community but rather points her finger directly at Israel itself.

Being critical of Israel isn’t the same thing as what Sarandon did, in my opinion.

The trick is not minding
https://deadline.com/2023/11/susan-s...ed-1235632398/

I don't want to take sides, but regardless of the side you take, it probably shouldn't get you blacklisted.

Maybe she can star in a remake of Burn Notice.
Plot twist! I’m going to agree with you here, and despite the fact I think she was being antismetic, I don’t think it was her intention. She definitely could her chosen her words more carefully, and not single out Jews but rather Israel itself for their discretions against Palestine, but she should be given a chance to explain herself.

Melissa Barrera, on the other hand, only repeated the accusations that’s been ongoing for decades and she gets fired, and to me, yeah….it’s not the same thing as Sarandon.

There was also some agent who was let go for similar reasons.

Another actress is being raked over the coals for her comments on The Hamas-Israel War.
This time it’s Melissa Barrera, and this time I don’t agree with her firing from Scream 7.

She made comments about Israel’s alleged crimes against Palestinians and ethnic cleansing, and is being accused of anti senitism.

This feels different to me, as unlike Sarandon, she doesn’t call out the Jewish community but rather points her finger directly at Israel itself.

Being critical of Israel isn’t the same thing as what Sarandon did, in my opinion.
Actually, one of the posts going around was about her blaming the Jews for what the western media has been showing on the news, apparently. That's what got her in hot water.

The trick is not minding
Actually, one of the posts going around was about her blaming the Jews for what the western media has been showing on the news, apparently. That's what got her in hot water.
Ah, I didn’t see that one.