And found he was eating his shoe.

coke kills drink pepsi
Kurt Cobain
Robert Plant
Axl Low
Paul Macartny
Jhon Lenon

A system of cells interlinked
It's funny, I generally think females just have better singing voices, and I don't see many listed so far....

My favs...

Johnette Napolitano
Ann and Nancy Wilson
Roger Waters
David Bowie
Robert Plant
Geoff Tate
Ami Mann
Jon Anderson
Chris Cornell
Dave Groll

Re: Cobain: Absolutley terrible singer, by his own admission. I found his strength to be in his writing and his passion for music. Again though, I would consider his voice to be pretty bad, and his technique was bottom of the barrel. I really dug his stuff, but clearly Dave Groll had a lot to do with how the songs came out of production, and I have a feeling he arranged EVERYTHING for the band. Groll is a wizard with arrangement...

I've got a friend who I exchange random lists with sometimes. One of my favorites was "Best Singing Voices of All Time." We both agreed that Freddie Mercury was the undisputed #1.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Robert Plant
David Bowie
Jack Bruce
Stevie Knicks
Freddy Mercury
Roger Waters
Sid Barrett
Tom Petty
Jim Morrison
Ozzy Osbourne(Sabbath Era)
Frank Zappa
Grace Slick
Janis Joplin
Ian Astbery
Steven Perry
Bernie Shaw
Robin Zander

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Sedai
Re: Cobain: Absolutley terrible singer, by his own admission. I found his strength to be in his writing and his passion for music. Again though, I would consider his voice to be pretty bad, and his technique was bottom of the barrel. I really dug his stuff, but clearly Dave Groll had a lot to do with how the songs came out of production, and I have a feeling he arranged EVERYTHING for the band. Groll is a wizard with arrangement...
Sometimes when I see or hear some of Nirvana's live appearances I think that the way he sang made it almost impossible for him to always make it sound good.

On the other hand, my opinion is that there has been few singers with the same amount of emotion in their voices. Kurt Cobain was a white male punk version of Mary J Blige.

..have to listen to "Even In His Youth" now...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Add Paul Stanley, Steven Tyler, Ronnie Van Zandt, David Lee Roth, Freddy Mercury, Ritchie Blackmore and Axl Rose to my list. Scott Wieland isn't too bad either.

coke kills drink pepsi
Jagger creeps me out, the same with Bowie

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I don't mind him.. But in my book's he's FAR from the greatest.
I think 60's and 70's Jagger kicks butt.

Some of you will laugh, but I'll have to say that Sebastian Bach in Skid Row had a pretty impressive set of pipes.

Yes, I've been listening to "18 and Life" and "I'll Remember You" a lot lately......

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Some of you will laugh, but I'll have to say that Sebastian Bach in Skid Row had a pretty impressive set of pipes.

Yes, I've been listening to "18 and Life" and "I'll Remember You" a lot lately......

I won't laugh, I thought he was pretty good too...

Some of my favorties...

Freddy Mercury
Jon Anderson
Jimi Hendrix
Robert Plant
Geddy Lee
Jim Morrison
Eric Burdon
Justin Hayward
John, Paul, George, and Ringo
David Gilmour
David Bowie
Mick Jagger
Tom Petty
Ozzy
Mark Knopfler
Stevie Nicks
Ann and Nancy Wilson
Emerson Hart
Ed Kowalczyk
Todd Nichols
Glen Phillips
Melissa Etheridge
Annie Lennox
Grace Slick
Tina Turner

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Add Paul Stanley, Steven Tyler, Ronnie Van Zandt, David Lee Roth, Freddy Mercury, Ritchie Blackmore and Axl Rose to my list. Scott Wieland isn't too bad either.
Ritchie Blackmore is a guitar player, when he was with Deep Purple the singer was mainly Ian Gillan.

Rainbow's early work featured Ronnie James Dio.

Dio and Gillan both sang for Black Sabbath.