Best James Bond movie?

Tools    

From Russia With Love and Live and Let Die

Goldeneye, Goldfinger

There are those who call me...Tim.
The Living Daylights. I think that's what it's called anyway, the first one with Timothy Dalton. I like this one the most because it has John Reese Davies, the action scenes are fantastic, the love story is believable and at times touching, and Bond isn't shown as the only agent who can fight a good fight (the scene in the Kitchen for example).
Honorable Mentions: Goldeneye and You Only Live Twice.

I find it hard to pick a favorite, but I must say that I like the older movies a lot better. A lot. In fact, I don't really like Brosnan much. Sure, he's a decent guy, but Connery has him beat hands down.

The real difference isn't with the actors though. It's with the writers. The old Bond movies were spy movies. The new ones are action movies. The same thing happened to Mission Impossible and it makes me sad.

I did prefer the spy movies, but its just with a bigger budget, they can afford better things, and spy movies themselves don't spend all the budget.

My favorite Bond movie is "Live and Let Die", followed closely by "You Only Live Twice". I actually like all of the Bond movies and think all the actors who've played James Bond have, in one way or another, done an excellent job of portraying the super suave spy. It's too bad George only got one chance at playing Bond, who knows what he may have done with "Diamonds are Forever"?

A system of cells interlinked
Best:

The Spy Who Loved Me
Live and Let Die
Goldfinger

"The bubbles! They tickle my...Chechovsky!!"

Worst:

Moonraker

Spy Who Loved Me- classic definition of Bond, best opening, best theme song, great settings, most memorable villian, excelently OTT
From Russia With Love- Bond in the best film where he is more a spy less an action hero, fantast espionage
Goldeneye- the best modern take on Bond, filling on Bond codes and conventions on a contemporary level. An excellent all-round action film and great debut from Pierce

Worst- Diamonds are Forever- i dont want to talk about the travesty

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Spy Who Loved Me- classic definition of Bond, best opening, best theme song, great settings, most memorable villian, excelently OTT
From Russia With Love- Bond in the best film where he is more a spy less an action hero, fantast espionage
Goldeneye- the best modern take on Bond, filling on Bond codes and conventions on a contemporary level. An excellent all-round action film and great debut from Pierce

Worst- Diamonds are Forever- i dont want to talk about the travesty
Ya, being a big Famke fan, I do like Goldeneye as well, but some of the other characters eat. That hacker guy is terrible....

*ahem*

"I am invincible" (in a bad russian accent)

Yes, granted. Although Alan cumming is t3h c00l, and the Bond girl sint really great, but Famke is terrific and it was (to me) more and action film opposed to Bond, i mean where was the Bond car? yeah i know, but i didnt do anytihng just swap for the plane

They should take Bond back to the roots, which means the next Bond should be Scottish!

Well Ewan McGregor and Dougrie Scott are the 2 scottish people pipped to be the next Bond, however I think Ewan may be a tad young looking.

i dont see either of them tbh, however i havnt been old enough to apprciate the changing of bonds, only in retrospect

I agree, that it is hard changing Bonds, but as long as they stick to a UK actor, ill be happy.

I have to go for On her majestys secret service and Dr No, two truly awesome stories and also Timothy Doulton doesnt count as james Bond (****in twat)
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

i might watch a Bond movie tonight and remind of the good days,

Ioan Gruffud is apparently in top position for Mr Bond, hes also Mr Fantastic in the Fantastic Four and i also hate him

God no!!!!! Can't they use someone better?