Evil Dead Remake?!

Tools    

Isn't it spelt favorite????
Well, in the UK it's spelt favourite

Just like your Color is spelled in the UK as colour.

Here's Johnny!
exactly...........same as in down under

hmmm....makes me realize that we all aren't from the same place *slaps head*

Yeah! So Take That You Bunch Of Anti-american Bastards!!

It isn't "Hollywood" demanding a remake of the movie it is Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell saying they WANT to do a remake.
OG, I consider Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert to be "Hollywood". If you think they're not in it for more money (on top of everything else) you are sadly mistaken.

Evil Dead 1 was a film that had charm, this came from its low budget i always felt. Evil Dead 2 had a slightly bigger budget and remade the first, making the best in the series. Army of Darkness had an even bigger budget and was a disappointment, hence being calling AOD instead of Evil Dead 3, so it was distanced from the series.
Now if they reamke Evil Dead 1, i'd hope it would go like from 1 > 2 and not 2 > 3.
The fact its being remade doesnt bother me yet. Takashi Shimizu has made a career remaking 'Ju-On'/'The Grudge' and Hideo Nakata (original Ringu director) i believe is directing The Ring 2 (which i dont think is a remake though) and these haven't offended me. As long as those 3 are involved (Raimi, Tapert, Campbell) im happy asit doesnt seem like Hollywood is stealing the film. Im quite miffed though as to why Raimi is going back to it after stating his focus on Spiderman opposes to a sequel to ED or any further involvement in the franchise.
I would rather see a sequel tbh, but with rather good reamke of Dawn of the Dead, im not too p!ssed. Although the change in budget for DOTD didnt afect the plot as the original had a far bigger budget than ED.
Another popular point about Evil Dead was how it got caught up in the 'video nasties' banning (i think this was a BBFC thing so Britain only (?)) and this controversy definitely added to its appeal.
Perhaps Bruce just needs the work?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
They are "Hollywood" in the sense that they make movies for Hollywood, but you seem to have this thinking that there is some entity out there that embodies Hollywood and exists solely to suck in money regardless of artistic intentions. I can gurantee you that Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and even Bruce Campbell are by no means on any short list of money these days. If you look at the projects they have done in the past it becomes painfully clear that the things they take on are because of their own interests, not strictly financial gain.

As long as they don't do a half assed job, like most remakes today, then a lot of the Evil Dead fans will be happy, and may attract new ones.

Scorsese's remaking the Infernal Affairs trilogy into one film. It would be good to see Chan-wook Park do the same with the Evil Dead remake.

Can you imagine seeing an epic Evil Dead movie, that starts off at the cabin and ends up in Medevial England? I know that I wouldn't mind seeing that.

ah, but possibilities mean nothing until they become reality

Hot Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have high hopes for the remake as i didn't think highly of the originals.

This is a disaster waiting to happen , like all remakes they will cock it up and they will be left with redfaces.
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

The Dawn of the Dead remake was alright. Maybe film makers have learned from their mistakes

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Braveheart_1298
This is a disaster waiting to happen , like all remakes they will cock it up and they will be left with redfaces.
Quite the blanket statement, and ridiculously untrue. There are a fair number of films that have been remade that are quite good. I doubt anyone/anything will "Cock it up", whatever that means.

Consider:

Ben Hur
(Original, 1925)
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Remake, 1988)
Solaris (Remake, 2001)
A Fistful of Dollars (1966) (Remaking Kurosawa's Yojimbo, 1961 )
The Maltese Falcon (Original, 1931)
Ocean's Eleven (original, 1960)
The Ten Commandments (DeMille remaking his own film from 1923)
The Front Page (Original, 1931)

The list goes on...

Originally Posted by Charismasloverno5
The Dawn of the Dead remake was alright. Maybe film makers have learned from their mistakes
What mistakes are those? What, the tiny number of recent horror remakes? Please see above list...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the Dead
Italian Job
Truth About Charlie

To add on to Sedai's list

and Scarface, which not many ppl know is a remake, i haven't seen the original mind, ps The Italian Job remake, you serious? nononononono lol no. No Micheal Caine, no Italian Job. TTCM only just scrapes its way in as well

Hot Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!