Once Upon A Time In Mexico

→ in
Tools    

I have really mixed feelings about this movie I loved Johnny Depps Character very funny very original but I don't know about Enrique Elglasis....I think he should stick to singing not Acting....What does everyone else think of this movie?

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

"I can't help it..."
I agree, I also really liked Johnny Depp in this movie... and hated Enrique Elglasis!!!
I think the editing is, as always with Rodriguez, very slick. As is the action... But I think Robert Rodriguez tried to make this one too "big" story wise. The screenplay is very poor, mostly due to the political side of it.
But still one of my favorites, nonetheless.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

A system of cells interlinked
I enjoyed this film. Enrique was no good. I have to agree that Depp carried the show somewhat, and I probably wouldn't have liked it as much without the Johnster present. Of course Rodriguez can set up some nice compositions as well.

Ode to Holden: You can check out the review thread for this film here

I love Banderas But I haven't actually wanted the first 2 my bad I guess I would really appreciate it

i felt that it was a kick ass movie personally...johnny makes up for all those scenes with erique...or however you spell his name...

"im going to change my evil ways..one of these days..."-bon scott

i have not seen it yet, but will get to it eventually. if it is anything like desparado, then i am sure it will get a thumbs up from me!

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
Originally Posted by monkeymo20
i felt that it was a kick ass movie personally...johnny makes up for all those scenes with erique...or however you spell his name...
I spell it Inrekae but w.e . lol. I thought the movie was awosme.

WARNING: spoilers below
DO NOT READ THE REST IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE

I thought at the end when Sands was shooting the guys by the sound they made was almost as good as the bar shootout scene (second one) in Desperado. Side Track....Quentin Tarantinos character in Desperado was great.

Overall

MasterChief John Spartan
I think a remake of the original using the new actors, original director, and bigger budget - might be pretty cool. El Marachi is a fun movie but the over-the-top characters and friends of friends posing as actors is a little dated. In my opinion, Desperado stands as the best of the bunch.

BTW, was anyone else creeped out by the flesh mask that now serves as Mickey Rourke's face - YIKES! - Kids ... DON'T BOX!!!

Just my two cents ...

Here's Johnny!
yea i liked it as it was pretty good editing and sequeces and definitly johnny depp.....tres good performance!

Desperado, in my opinion, was a better movie, but I think Once Upon A Time in Mexico serves the trilogy well and the addition of Mr. Depp was a great casting call by Rodriguez. And any movie with Salma Hayek in it is worth watching, no matter what it's about!

ok I was sadly dissapointed with this movie. If it wasnt for Johnny's talent, brilliance, originality and downright hotness... well I dont know but without Johnny, there really wasnt a movie, I thought. Enrique sounded so fake swearing, and I just dont like him. And the movie was really random and kinda stupid. Just my thoughts, please dont savagely maul me.

Shauna

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's a popcorn movie, and considering the premise was Rodriguez mucking around and getting to know his shiny new camera, it didn't turn out too bad.

As people are saying though, it's no Desperado.