For the first time I'm watching...

→ in
Tools    

This entire thread is spoilers! As youre watching a movie for the first time post about it here.

....the movie Twilight. Oh what a condition I think this films gonna be!

10 minutes into this, and feel Anne Rice has nothing to worry about. (When is that Lestat movie coming?!) I can tell Twilights gonna need some hillbilly werewolf to give this film some zip. Lead actress looks like a young Robin Tunney. So does the lead actor. Hmph well these vampires arent very powerful. Mr Moody cant even switch classes in his high school.

20 minutes - Augh damn these kids cant act! If she looks down in confused bewilderment one more time... I cant believe Im saying this, but I miss Christopher Lee.

Twilight contd, and Sir Christopher Lee wept...

30 minutes : Oh the dialogue is rotten. Just rotten! No IMDb quotes up in here whatsoever. Ive seen pro wrestling promos with more range, and depth.

42 minutes : "No. Im on a special diet." Best line of the film by far. I shouldnt have kicked off a thread concept like this with Twilight as the first effort. Reading what Ive typed so far it looks as though Im trying to be funny when in fact Im just trying to finish watching.

Oh! 45 minute mark he's spilling his guts about his mysterious powers. Is this impact? Reminds me of an 80s movie American Ninja...
"Howd you do that?"
"Im a ninja"

Welcome to the human race...
Ah, Twilight. I willingly put myself through that, but of course I thought it was so terribly bad that it was hilarious.

And if you're having a little trouble seeing the funny side, check out this video...

Ill def watch your vid Iroquois after this. ill need your vid after this.

Twilight contd...

01:06 - Damn this is the most centered girl on all of planet Earth! Do they believe in story immersion whatsoever?! Ive come to the conclusion this is all aimed at high school girls, but vampires dont burn in sunlight....they just look prettier. DaYuM!!! Pretty in Pink just mightve had more depth than this Im serious!

Ok girls if some moody gorgeous guy revealed he was a vampire by speeding around like the cartoon Road Runner, and then lifted his pickup truck...oh sorry this is Vam-Pires and theyre fancy n deep...I mean their sedan youd pee yourself in fright then go into shock. Yes even Leo! This girl volunteered to confirm her vampire suspicions in the middle of the woods. Oliver North never had such grit. My hope at this point is the indians are werewolves and throw some well needed Dances With Wolves plain perspective into this drivel.

Twilight...

01:23 - Oh they dont ever sleep too?! This movie just keeps coming and coming. ROFLMFAO!! Theyre playing baseball now?! Oh I need to cleanse myself after this with the 70s classic Love At First Bite.

The human blood drinking bad guy vamps want to play baseball too. Oh damn that sounds like Im making a crack but its really happening. West Side Story was a badass piece o business compared to this carebeared yarn. Im sounding bitter. Might need to post in the Marijuana Do You Smoke It thread.

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen Near Dark?
Yes and I think Ill rewatch it. Bigelows best work, and a great cast.

01:39 Twilight - Right after I cracked on the baseball game the movie picked up. Still early episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer haunt my good sense of taste, but at least its better than the first half. Ill refrain from going into how many holes are in the storyline as itd be too exhausting, and cruel. After Iroquois made the Near Dark reference I automatically compare it to....this. Comparing the two vampire families - Near Dark makes Twilight look like TVs The Waltons.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
All I got from this movie was
Edward: "I want to kill you"
Bella: "I love you! I trust you!"

Please! Why did I waste a portion of my life on this film? All the ditsy teen girls that love this movie need to learn what a good movie is, if you ask me.

Final Twilight

I didnt like the movie.

Anyone wishing to use this thread to post as you watch feel free. Im sure Im not the authority on first impressions, and yours is surely interesting. LOL! Its not like youre going onstage after the Beatles!

Edit in - ROFLMFAO! I just watched your video Iroquois and its a keeper!

I didnt know a damn thing about Twilight, but wish I had. I follow the philosophy never watch a commercial for a movie you know you'll see. A commercial shows the best scenes of the film. A big time book series about vampires I thought was a sure thing. Such is the price for freshness.

I know in the past you've said you're not into "artsy" type flicks, but I strongly urge you to check out Let The Right One In. It is a foreign film But I think you can handle it T. It is what horror movies are made of.

Here's the trailer:

Actually that looks damn good. Thanks PW Ill check it out.

Its not if the films artsy. For instance Ive seen alot of Steven Soderberghs work, and be it early or later works he's hit or miss. If the director lets his style overpower the story both are lessened. Be it David Lynch, Oliver Stone, Soderbergh, or whoever imo story comes first. Sometimes the artsy directed movies, like anything Sophia Coppollas done, is pure drivel. She has promise she'll never realize due to her being overpushed. Why is she going to push herself to develop as a director? She coulda been the next Marty Scorsese but alas we'll never know.

I know in the past you've said you're not into "artsy" type flicks, but I strongly urge you to check out Let The Right One In. It is a foreign film But I think you can handle it T. It is what horror movies are made of.

Here's the trailer:

Actually that looks damn good. Thanks PW Ill check it out.
That is a really good film. I'll advise all of those who havent done to see it. It's far more imaginative and well made than any recent Hollywood "horror" movie and the cast excell in a really well written slighty left field vampire flick.

One of the better movies of last year in my opinion. Or whenever it came out .... ?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen this movie im going to wait untill it is reduced in price as I dont think I will like it.

I havent seen this movie im going to wait untill it is reduced in price as I dont think I will like it.
Good damn man dont do it! Wait till it comes on TV! You are talking about Twilight right?