MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Hey, I claimed Brandon Nimmo the other day and he just went 4-4 with two homers! The day before the transaction went through.

Now I know what sepuku feels like.

Yeah it was a dumb drop, and he hit a Homer hours after dropping him too. Id be interested in getting him back. I could part with an equivicable starting pitcher or maybe youd like a speedy outfielder. No not Ohtani.

Oy. Yahoo did a stat correction for the one time I started Severino charging me for an earned run, which dropped me 3 points. Yahoo's avatar is Angel Hernandez.

Now I know what sepuku feels like.

Yeah it was a dumb drop, and he hit a Homer hours after dropping him too. Id be interested in getting him back. I could part with an equivicable starting pitcher or maybe youd like a speedy outfielder. No not Ohtani.

I like Nimmo a lot. Was waiting for something to use my #2 waiver priority on and decided this was it. Starting pitching is the one thing I feel I have "enough" of.

I like Nimmo a lot. Was waiting for something to use my #2 waiver priority on and decided this was it. Starting pitching is the one thing I feel I have "enough" of.

Good enough Thanks for the response.

Good enough Thanks for the response.

Sorry it took a while. I'm on the west coast and I have to wait until after work because I don't have a smartphone.

I quite literally gave up on the steals category yesterday only to find that I got 5 today.
One week don't mean nothin'.

Acuna alone stole 73 last year, which was about half of what an entire TEAM in our league would've needed to be in the middle of the pack last season.

A system of cells interlinked
I would also point out that it is never a good idea to decide to completely punt any category (usually comes up with steals or holds). Remember, even if you end up with 4 or 5 points in a category, with no chance of getting to the top of that category, that may be the extra 4 points you need at the end of the year to trophy.

Now, for something completely dumb that I seem to do several times a season: I had set my pitching lineup yesterday around midday. At some point, Framber got placed on the IL (grrrr) and I was able to just add another guy to my roster. I was on my phone, and I was clicking back and forth between days setting up both days for pitching (new guy pitches today). Not sure how it happened, but I managed to move Gray back on to my bench, I guess thinking I was on the following day's lineup, and I ended up sitting him for his debut last night. Of course he pitches five clean innings for great ratios and 5 Ks... I am sure I will do something like this at least 3 more times this season. It always happens when I am quickly tinkering on my phone, instead of calmly setting things on my PC as I usually do.

Hey Mike I would advise not checking your team today or tomorrow morning.
Let me guess...Brown getting shelled? lol

Figured I probably should have sat him. Oh well.

As long as my boys are hitting over .300, I am OK!

How about that Bradford?

Well, at least you didnt have $16 million dollars stolen from you.

Considered victim of bank fraud
U.S. Attorney for the Central Disctrict of California Martin Estrada said Thursday that Ohtani is considered a victim in the bank fraud case involving his longtime interpreter, Ippei Mizuhara, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Advice: Estrada, in announcing a federal criminal complaint against Mizuhara, said that Ohtani is cooperating "fully and completely" in the investigation, providing interviews and access to digital devices. The criminal complaint alleges Mizuhara stole north of $16 million from Ohtani to pay for his illegal betting, much more than first reported. Mizuhara allegedly impersonated Ohtani to the bank and admitted to stealing from Ohtani in texts. Major League Baseball has opened a formal investigation into the matter, while Ohtani remains active as the everyday designated hitter for the Dodgers.

Sorry Shohei, but for me this is good news.

That will most likely do it for Brown on the Clockwork Angels. My aim with him was to see if he was going to take the next step forward after another offseason with the Astro pitching people, but clearly, he is heading in the wrong direction. The boon to taking SPs fairly late is that there are a decent amount of fairly similar mid-tier guys to try out. The downside is...well, today's start!

The trick is not minding
Maaaaaaan……they couldn’t have let Singer go one more inning with a huge lead? He wasn’t even doing that bad either. Oh well, finished with a low ERA and WHIP but still….

That will most likely do it for Brown on the Clockwork Angels. My aim with him was to see if he was going to take the next step forward after another offseason with the Astro pitching people, but clearly, he is heading in the wrong direction. The boon to taking SPs fairly late is that there are a decent amount of fairly similar mid-tier guys to try out. The downside is...well, today's start!

There's alot of guys who have had 2 great starts in a row on waivers. I'm wondering if I should have gone pure offense my first 10 picks as it seems pitchers on waivers look more appealing than the batting side. Unless you think the name Connor Joe has a Hall of Fame ring to it.

Called it. Marsh with a 2 run homer.
I got nervous when the Rangers trotted Bradford out in the 7th the other night after he pitched 6 clean. He got into a jam, but an RP came in and got him out of it. These professional players need to brush up on how fantasy baseball works!