MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

It is, you can go quite awhile without so much as an attempt, even if you have a team that'll end up stealing a fair number. It's at the point where owners will draft guys who hurt them in basically every category other than steals, if they steal often enough. In roto you can actually justify that kind of thing.

It was even worse before the new rules, too.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, it’s like….I don’t want to ignore the category, but I’m more worried about RBI, Runs and HR along with OBP that I don’t want to hurt those categories simply trying to find someone who may steal more often.

Madness….

I am no longer speaking to people who are named either Tommy or John...
Beiber. Yeah thats a low blow.

I lost Luis Robert for half the season most likely. The word for the day? Unreplaceable.

Looks like Strider now, too... Damn!
Glad I got Peralta from Tim now. No way he would've parted with him after losing his first rounder.

I feel ashamed, and embarrassed. I'm playing Michael Taylor and Connor Joe. I deserve to be laughed at.

Im going all-in on the stupidity and grabbing Joey Gallo too! HUZZAH!

I should've waited to see if any of these people will be on my roster in 48 hours before posting about them.

Oh my God I just realized something. Now that Luis Roberts is injured for 6-12 weeks, and I traded Schwarber away, my entire Outfield is comprised of Waiver guys. The brain damage is real folks.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
As if I wasn't bad enough in this I decided to join a cash league one this year. Head to head. Looks like I'll win this week but lost week 1. And it's got an insane scoring system that will take me 2 months to decipher. What have I done.

As if I wasn't bad enough in this I decided to join a cash league one this year. Head to head. Looks like I'll win this week but lost week 1. And it's got an insane scoring system that will take me 2 months to decipher. What have I done.
I'd be interested in hearing about the scoring system.

I have 6 on IL but I really don't consider any droppable. Maybe Lodozo but that's it . And then 2 NAs. I should probably drop Ruiz but ya

I'd be interested in hearing about the scoring system.
So for hitting, it's points for total bases, walks, homers, RBIs and steals. Points taken away for strikeouts.

Pitching points for innings, strikeouts, saves, wins. Points taken away for hits walks, losses and blown saves.

Seems quite obvious to lean heavy on the hitting, because pitching is so erratic. But guess what I didn't do in the draft.

The trick is not minding
On the other side of the QS spectrum, there’s also the maddening moments where a pitcher will go the required 6 innings but gives up too many earned runs to get the QS. I’m worried that may happen to Manaea…he’s hit 2 batters and walked 4 already…..

I played in a points league once where there were 3 categories - Pitching, Hitting, and Fielding. Very deep, and it made those Golden Glove players worth what they should have been.

Both points league and H2H leagues are, I think, almost entirely there to make fantasy baseball more palatable to people who came up on fantasy football.

A system of cells interlinked
I am not one to jump on these bandwagons, but I think maybe we at least have to look at whether not the combination of a faster clock and tack getting banned is somehow putting SP at higher risk...

Framber on a plane to get his elbow looked at...

I'll just take this opportunity to chime in with another useless post about how much I hate the pitch clock.

A system of cells interlinked
I would like to thank mofo, as always, for making the waiver wire the barest of bones.
This picture is a good representation:

At this point, you are waiting for either someone to make a mistake in judgment and drop a decent guy, or for some random player to suddenly make a big leap in skill and ability.

(Or for all the SP to get TJ so the entire spectrum of value adjusts downward)

I would like to thank mofo, as always, for making the waiver wire the barest of bones.

Hey, I claimed Brandon Nimmo the other day and he just went 4-4 with two homers! The day before the transaction went through.