Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Chernobyl Diaries 2012

Why do people always have to split up... why can't they stay together and make spears instead.. no lets split up and by the way I'm going to fire this one clip of bullets into a closed door because..... I don't know how to finish this sentence..

Aside from that and using every horror trope and cliché in the book, it's been done worse, and wasn't too shoddy to be fair, the acting was on par and it looked okay

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Where Eagles Dare (1968)

Good ensemble and followable. Wanted a bit more script but I suspect that was me being greedy. Mary Ure *blush*
7/10

War For The Planet Of The Apes (Matt Reeves, 2017)

More like Snore For The Planet Of The Apes

Pet Sematary
Very strange to see Us such glowing reviews while this film received somewhat mixed ones, I actually preferred this one of the two. Pet Sematary is a slow build with and almost a soft R but it's gorgeous and incredibly unsettling. John Lithgow is the standout of the film which is great because Fred Gwynne was so good in the original I was worried Jud wasn't going to be right but Lithgow took a different approach to the character and it paid off well.

The Upside (2019)

Good tale enlightened by the performers. Made me laugh almost constantly. Cranston and Hart have their parts to play to make this enjoyable, funny and light..on a serious subject.

Same here.. glenfiddich is my fav though..
I'm with John Connor on this one

A Vigilante (2018)

Not preachy and budget look at what women go through. I was impressed and it made its point.

7/10

Cheers! By the way, try the original 'the Upside' = The Intouchables 2011, Intouchables.. it's much better.
https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...ouchables.html
I will John, another great recommendation, thankyou.

1964 Entre Armas e Livros (2019) (english: Between Guns and Books)

Ah interesting documentary on the Brazilian military dictatorship from 1964 to 1985 and its influence on the current Brazilian political landscape. Media sources claim that the movie is pro-dictatorship but from my impression it felt like a relatively objective look at the dictatorship, they never claimed it was not a dictatorship but they argued that it was not as repressive as some claim it was. They never deny the dictatorship fought the communist guerrillas but, well, they were terrorist organizations, so it was like fighting Al Qaeda, I mean it's not the same as repressing peaceful ideological developments, which the documentary notes became the tactic of the communists (going from guns to books) after they were defeated in the battlefield.

Welcome to the human race...
City of Angels -

probably would've been better if it'd been made in Germany in black-and-white with guest appearances by Nick Cave and Columbo

The Wind (2018)

A psychological horror western that concentrates too much on temporal shifts, achronological narration and obfuscation just for the sake of it. It's not bad but sometimes simpler is better.

Lords of Chaos (2018)

I don't know why Åkerlund wanted to make a film about Norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s when he clearly seems to despise the subject. Maybe its his personal apology for being involved in extreme metal himself. It's entertaining at times but I really didn't like its almost comedic tone and attempt to make everyone involved more or less an idiot and a clown.