Is British music better than American?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
You like Dinosaur Jr? Superchunk? Archers of Loaf? Then you should check out the British band Niccokick. Only one thing.... They're from Sweden.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Most of the time yes. Although all my fav. bands are American.

history *is* moralizing
i don't know. same thing as above (Nitzer), but i can't forget my first faves were British (Cocteau Twins, Wolfgang Press, well, as good as everything 4AD...)...

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
This is totally impossible.... especially for the metal scene...
Pfft metal...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by blibblobblib

I absoloutly love Chocolate as well....in fact the whole album is just awse.

Have you listened to Keane? Their quite similar and were around a little before Snowpatrol, "Somewhere Only We Know" is amazing.

I can't believe i forgot keane, i love bedshaped, the first time i heard that i melted into my chair it was beautiful, i like all of their songs and i just got their album. I like the fact that they dont use guitars, it gives them a different sound

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Are you kidding me with this?
I'll have to look for the British one in February.
i never kid. Never. Check out the video if ya can, you can probably download it off the net. I say its the British one coz i could have sworn i saw the US video and it was the band singing and dancing in a street somewhere. ( so unoriginal )

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
I can't believe i forgot keane, i love bedshaped, the first time i heard that i melted into my chair it was beautiful, i like all of their songs and i just got their album. I like the fact that they dont use guitars, it gives them a different sound
You've inspired me. I think I'm going to get their album. I love the way they use the piano. That percussive stuff is soooo nice!

blibby, I will keep an eye out for that video. I'm on dial-up at home and it took me about 6 tries yesterday to download the audio on the song, so I'm feeling disinclined to try a huge file. Maybe I can catch it when I'm in the UK in Feb.

Grow up.
When I will I still won't like it.

That because you like psuedo punk rock
Das right.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
what in the world is psuedo punk rock?
just punk rock generally since he seems to hate it so much.

A system of cells interlinked
Actually, Sweden has a TON of good Psy-trance artists.

Atmos
S-Range
Hux-Flux
Logic Bomb
Phoney Orphants
Antix

A lot of my favorite psy comes out of Sweden.

As for Rock and Metal, I love music from all over the world.

Denmark brings us Opeth.

England brings us many great acts like:

Radiohead
Supergrass
Porcupine Tree

many of the great artists already listed like The Beatles et al.

USA:

Tool
King's X
D-Space
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
NIN
Soundgarden
Queensryche
Pantera
IndiaDrop

I like listening to music from all over the place, and feel no need to cite one counties music as being better than another. Also, There is no correct answer, or facts, about this issue. Tis purely subjective, just like film.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Actually Sweden brough us Opeth Sedai, along with many other of Mikael Akerfeldt's (The lead singer of Opeth) such As his one album stint in a band called Katatonia and his other band BloodBath.

As for me calling it pseudo punk rock.. well let me see

psuedo= fake

so I must be talking about fake punk rock

Real Punk rock is as follows

Broken Bones
Gang Green
Riot 99
Discharge
The Subhumans
Career Suicide

And your sad excuse of Punk rock is stuff like NoFx, The Distillers, Rancid and the like, and where did you get the fact that I hate punk..... I love punk, I have a bunch of punk records on vinyl, cd and tape. Not to mention a number of punk shirts to go with my metal shirts..... Sorry if i'm sounding like an elitist, but I am

Sad excuse? GG Alin is considered "real punk" and i wouldnt listen to that retard even if they paid me. For you information I hate distillers and rancid. Nofx and Bad Religion all the way!

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
never heard of any of these bands, are there any 'real punk rock bands' that are a bit commercial that i might have heard of, so i know the kind of stuff you guys mean

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Sad excuse? GG Alin is considered "real punk" and i wouldnt listen to that retard even if they paid me. For you information I hate distillers and rancid. Nofx and Bad Religion all the way!
But they're not punk rock.......