X-Men First Class Review

→ in
Tools    

Movie Critic
It was a great film.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I get how it works for some people but the problem I had with Erik is twofold.

One, most of the things done to him were perpetrated not only by a specific group within the Nazi party, but they were committed by another mutant! Once he wiped out the Nazi's and Shaw, shouldn't his thirst for revenge have been quenched?
No. Vengeance doesn't work that way.

Thirst is never quenched. That is why its so dangerous a state of being.

A system of cells interlinked
Right - I was going to state that Erik sort of turned to the Dark Side, at which point he was lost - the pain and hatred dominated his being and he became a different person altogether.

Right - I was going to state that Erik sort of turned to the Dark Side, at which point he was lost - the pain and hatred dominated his being and he became a different person altogether.
Then why does his friendship with Charles, the most powerful telepath in the world, even begin, much less continue?

I just don't buy the psychology of his character throughout the film.

Because at that point he was not lost for good.

I honestly don't even understand the complaints. Erik went through a horribly traumatic experience that totally screwed him up. He spent his life hunting for vengeance. Charles understood him and commanded his respect, and made some inroads into reforming him, but ultimately failed thanks to the strength of his hate and some really bad luck on that beach. That all feels entirely believable to me. I don't see why everything has to be so binary, where the fact that he's going to be bad eventually means he must never even entertain the alternatives, or where the fact that Charles fails means they would never have even become friends. Why would that be so? Life isn't at all like that.

Because at that point he was not lost for good.

I honestly don't even understand the complaints. Erik went through a horribly traumatic experience that totally screwed him up. He spent his life hunting for vengeance. Charles understood him and commanded his respect, and made some inroads into reforming him, but ultimately failed thanks to the strength of his hate and some really bad luck on that beach. That all feels entirely believable to me. I don't see why everything has to be so binary, where the fact that he's going to be bad eventually means he must never even entertain the alternatives, or where the fact that Charles fails means they would never have even become friends. Why would that be so? Life isn't at all like that.
Eh, ok.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Spoilers.

Regarding the timeline of this film and the others.....there is none.

This is a re-boot. The confusion falls on the studio for not explaining this as everyone thought it was a prequel. My gripe with that is that it wants to set itself apart from the other films, yet still cling onto them (Wolverine).

I had no problem with Erik and his character, but I did feel that Mystique turned coat a little too easy at the end. Save that for a sequel.

Suspect's Reviews

I loved this movie especially the beginning!

Nice reviews about the movie. I've enjoyed it twice now. I like it's great story and stuffs. There is enough adventure, action and drama in the movie story. I've not supposed this movie so good. as i don't found last release X men so good. But i like the way the movie start and end. I just would like to rate this movie 8/10.

one of the best xmen movies.

Hey, I think X man series do achive a great sucess, I like that very much, I hope there will be more movies like that.
X-MenX

X-Men