Enough Already!

Tools    

I was curious - No, I'm not talking about that. What's the most played out cliche in movies? I'm not talkin about Man VS Technology/Society/Self/etc... I think it has to do with people that are half dead that have a taste for my noodle soup. Maybe it's War, I don't know, that's why I'm askin. One I just saw recentley was the cell phone that dies right when you need it most, but only after you've given just enough information to make the other person freak out (Collateral).

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Cells phones haven't been around that long to become a cliche scene has it?

I always like the chessy ways they do the: "FORGET ABOUT ME, SAVE YOURSELF" scenes

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
those kind of scenes crack me up because i know in that situation i would be going 'screw you!' and grab the last parachute

A few of my all time fave movie cliches:
  • Something very very bad always happens when someone says "How bad can it be?" or "Can things get any worse?"
  • If a parent goes to their child's bedroom and they are already in bed asleep, the parent will approach the bed and say something kind to the sleeping child before brushing their hair into place and kissing them on the forehead.
  • If there happens to be a high-rise building in an action/disaster film, you can always expect an oblivious Hispanic janitor listening to salsa on his headphones.
  • If there is about to be a huge disaster like an alien invasion or the world is about to be plunged into a new ice age there will always be a smart character who can see what’s going to happen well before it does, but is ignored and made fun of by everyone until its too late.
  • When the main character breaks out into song and dance, everyone around him/her
    knows the song and dance perfectly and always joins in.
  • A million dollars in cash or cocaine will invariably take up exactly the amount of space available in your briefcase.
  • A person is placing a phone call to a company, such as Sports Illustrated. The phone at the other end is picked up, and the person PLACING the call says, "Hello, Sports Illustrated?", as if they are checking to make sure they called the right place. What this means is that at a major company, someone is answering the phone with hello and that's it. Not "hello, Sports Illustrated, can I help you?" or anything like that, just "Hello".

courtesy of www.filmcliches.com

Well. . .I think that pretty much covers it. I concur. hehe
And found he was eating his shoe.

Cars that won't start for no real reason when "the killer" is right behind them.
If you walk alone at night in an underground carpark you will be killed/chased/raped (delete as applicable)
Killers with obvious wigs are men

As I am one track minded... Every sex scene has a woman moaning and groaning (therefore all women must do so, right?) and all women reach orgasm...

Originally Posted by Ulysses Everett McGill
and all women reach orgasm...
not with me, lol j/k

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Every blanket is "L" shaped, high enough to cover a woman's boobs, low enough to expose the man's chest.

Whenever there's a shot of a person doing something in front of a mirror, something gruelsome will appear behind.

A man takes a bullet without a single complaint, but winces and groans when a woman cleans the wound for him.

Most psychotic killers have their last battle with the hero/heroine in a slaughterhouse or abandoned warehouse.

Most psychotic killers walk faster than his victims can run.

In most thriller movies, there will be at least 5 characters. The hero, the stud, heroine, the babe, nerd/geek who despite being the most intelligent, will scream and sweat beads when confronted by the ghoul/monster/psychotic killer, perv/funny guy who'll die either right before or after the nerd/geek, unless he turns out to be the fifth character - the guy most unlikely to turn traitor, either by doing something really brainless to lure the creature and cause some deaths, turn out to really be the secret lover of the ghoul/monster/psychotic killer or turns his gun on his team for the love of money/fame.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Easy the most played out cliche that never needs to be seen again is

BOY MEETS GIRL- BOY LOSES GIRL - BOY GETS GIRL BACK

I'm not old, you're just 12.
my least favorite cliche....In every single cop movie, the hero cop's wife complains that he spends too much time at his job. EVERY SINGLE COP MOVIE has this in it. Jeez, I mean she knew she married a damn cop, deal with it. (I even saw this in "Miracle" which was about Hockey.....everyone in movies has whiny wives, i tell you)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A system of cells interlinked
Why do they ALWAYS tear the bandage? This happens invariably whenever a bandage gets applied. Drives me nuts.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Cop Story

nobody listens to the cop.
cop loses his badge.
cop follows case anyway.
cop solves case.

sequel!

Cop gets new partner.
Old partner died on duty.
New partners hate each other (especially when new cop is a smart ass)
New partners love each other and solve case involving flashbacks of tragic death of previous partner.

Anyone want that for a script?

Most played out cliche, and this would be directed towards the horror genre, would be the idiom: "...we have to stay/stick together". And you know that tthe group is going to split up and get picked off one-by-one.

Gun always runs out of ammunition just as they get the perfect shot.

Person always locks the door only once the killer is already in the house.