Clash of the Titans 2010 Remake

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread
Clash of the Titans First Look and B-Roll

During MTV's "Behind the Screen" special, the network debuted a first look at Warner Bros. Pictures' Clash of the Titans in the form of a set visit as well as B-Roll footage. You can watch both clips here.

Opening in theaters on March 26, 2010, the Louis Leterrier-directed action-adventure stars Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Gemma Arterton, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Izabella Miko, Nicholas Hoult and Pete Postlethwaite.

In the film, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

Source: ComingSoon.net
Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Clash of the Titans Banner

In the Beginning...
I want to like this, because it's Clash of the Titans, and the production seems like it's trying to retain a classic feel. But... it's Clash of the Titans. We didn't need a remake. The original is awesome.

Yeah, I don't care if this is the best remake of all time. Its still going to stink. If you follow...

...Its still going to stink. If you follow...
The original COTT was a classic in its own right sure. But to say this movie is gonna suck just by looking at photographs, a b-roll and a set visit video? Come on now. There is a chance this film might not be as good as expected but to say it isnt gonna be good (whatsoever) before it is even in theaters is kinda bein judgemental. IMO.

Yeah, I don't care if this is the best remake of all time. Its still going to stink. If you follow...
I'm the first person to say Hollywood takes the "cheesy" way out when they do remakes, but if any movie of my childhood could be remade successfully and still keep me entertained, its gonna be this one. I say hold off judgment until it hits the cinema.

First look at Liam Neeson as Zeus in Clsash of the Titans

Today EW posted the first image of Neeson in costume, and while it’s not in a polished form such as a trailer or poster, Neeson still looks badass.

Louis Leterrier, director: ”[We had] the hottest week in England this summer, but Liam was such a trouper. He never complained. He always had little fans blowing in his face but he never said, ‘I want to take off this armor.’ He stayed in character as Zeus.”
Source: Filmonic

I'm the first person to say Hollywood takes the "cheesy" way out when they do remakes, but if any movie of my childhood could be remade successfully and still keep me entertained, its gonna be this one. I say hold off judgment until it hits the cinema.
Maybe, but the odds are stacked highly against it. Wouldn't you agree? There are several threads around the forum with a lot of great insight into why so many of these things fail at even being entertaining much less watchable more than once. So I'm not trying to say I won't see it. I will, I just won't expect much is all.

The original was okay. A bit too, well, cheesey.

The stop animation was great – but of course looks like what it is and therefore is nothing but a novelty.

The lead in the original COTT (Harry Hamlin) was a damp rag, to be sure. No talent there, and looked like a goof (production issue).

Potential for a remake is great. It could be fantastic. Just, lets leave the hero’s dress at home. Yes, armor is good on the hero. He need not wear a pretty skirt.

What I don’t understand is how these nobody directors who have short (and often bad) track records get to direct anything.

Why is Louis Leterrier directing this movie? His credits are very short and he is associated with mid-to-low end quality films. Junk movies. Go figure.

The new Conan movie faces the same problem.

A system of cells interlinked
Just watched the original last week. Still like it, but the effects are really tough to get by at this point. I still own a copy, of course!

I will see this remake...

PW I agree 100% that the cards are stacked against this, and any remake for that matter, but to be honest the original wasn't that great a production (SFX wise and what not) and I think with a much better cast and effects ability/budget, we'll see a better movie. At least I hope so.

Must Watch: First Glorious Clash of the Titans Teaser Trailer!

Warner Brothers has debuted the official trailer for Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans remake starring Sam Worthington, Gemma Arterton, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Pete Postlethwaite, and plenty of other great actors. This is a very short teaser trailer, but it really packs a punch. No wait, scratch that, this packs more that a frickin' punch, damn! It looks so epic and awesome. Sure, they've gone CGI and aren't using classic Ray Harryhausen effects, but it still looks good.

Without further ado, to watch the teaser trailer for Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans click here.

Source: FirstShowing.net

ok Sam Worthington is probably the luckiest guy in Hollywood right now:Terminator,Avatar and now Clash of the Titans I'll admit the trailer looks good hope the movie is action packed as well

In the Beginning...
Giant scorpions notwithstanding, I think it looks weak. The film is obviously not showing all of its cards right yet (Kraken and skeletons, hey now), but... I don't know. Looks weak. Generic. We'll see.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
still trying to make up my mind on this. i still remember seeing the orginal at the local drive in with my father in his classic convertible. i loved seeing medusa on the big screen.. but i will let my fellow mofos post up their thoughts before i go. its so hard to replace the classic with a new version!