What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Chronicles of Narnia

Upcoming Drama Teacher
Last one huh? mmm...
I guess that will be Chronicles of Narnia which sucked ass.

I watched Capote the other day in a packed out theater. Great movie, but not as good as Crash or Munich, in my opinion.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Lucky Number Slevin - 9/10
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Lucky Number Slevin - 9/10
Yeah, I liked that one too. Not too difficult to figure out what is really going on there but still enjoyable nonetheless.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by susan
saturday we saw american dreamz...this film had many funny moments, but not enough for me...dennis quaid as the president was one of the funnier bits....
I was thinking about going to see this tonight...although I just heard a review on the radio which said that the only difference between this film and a bucket of crap is the bucket...doesn't look like it is glowingly reccommended...

The last one I saw was The Chronicles of Narnia.... and that has been a while...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Slither-

Nathan Fillon is the sex. And the movie was amusing and suitably gory, even comes close to Shaun of the Dead...

L'Enfant -- ****1/2, a thief sells his newborn son for money, causing his girlfriend to wind up in the hospital. Winner of the Palm D'Or, 2005. Nice little sad movie.

Maurice Richard

Plot: A story about Quebec's most famous hockey player, Maurice "The Rocket" Richard, focusing on the famous riot in the Forum in 1955

Any Canadien Hockey fan will know who i'm talking about. One of the greatest players of all time. Tough as nails and abused by a prejudice league because of his french background. I enjoyed this film and showed me just the kind of class this guy had. A very humble man.

I haven't been to the theaters in a while so I think the last movie I saw was The Ringer. It was kinda funny and Johnny Knoxville had his moments. If I wasn't hanging out with my friends that night I would have never gone to see it.

Originally Posted by jrs
Lucky Number Slevin
MI:III (Advance Screening)
I enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin though it wasnt too hard to figure out what was going on from the start.

How did you rate MI:3 cause I plan on seeing that film on opening day. Better than the first? Part 2 was not as good.

have no fear, CPMan is here..
i just watched Lucky Number Slevin just a couple of hours ago..that movie is 1337!! and now i know that Kelevra is the hebrew word for mad dog..lol.

Mission: Impossible III (2006 - J.J. Abrams)

A big, dumb action movie that I suppose delivers as a big, dumb action movie...at least until the final twenty minutes. I thought DePalma's original big screen Mission: Impossible was pretty lame, but John Woo's entry was exponentially worse. I'd have to say M:I 3 is the best of the three flicks, but I don't think that's saying much. TV superstar J.J. Abrams ("Alias", "Lost") and the script try to add a core of emotional character development this time by having Cruise's superagent Ethan Hunt semi-retired from the IMF and about to settle down with a new young bride (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Michelle Monaghan). Unfortunately there isn't much on-screen chemistry between the actors and their relationship, while deeper than anything in John Woo's silly flick, isn't really all that much to hang a movie on. The villain is recent Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman, playing a ruthless and shadowy arms dealer. Hoffman's presence helps lend something interesting to the role, even if I often kept thinking it was basically his character from Punch-Drunk Love in a custom tux.

The IMF team Cruise works with this time is Ving Rhames, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Maggie Q, with an assist back at headquarters from Simon Pegg. The two superiors in charge at IMF are Billy Crudup as Hunt's handler and Larry Fishburne as the man running the entire agency. Thay're all fine (though I would have liked to see more of Pegg, who steals both of the main scenes he's in), but as usual this is the Tom Cruise show, co-starring pyrotechnics. The added emotional component must have looked good on paper, but in execution it is standard and clunky. As such, the finale doesn't have the power they're pretending it does.

Mission: Impossible III isn't bad, it's a watchable action movie. But compared to the high bars set by the smart Bourne movies and the all-out fun of Mr. & Mrs. Smith in recent years, it's definitely a step or two down...even if it is much better than the previous M:I entry.

GRADE: C+
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

history *is* moralizing
i'll keep my money for X-Men 3, even if i'm full of doubts with the change of director and all...

I saw MI3 last night, good fun, but in parts a bit lame. Most notably Simon Pegg's explanation of the concept of the 'Anti-God' nearly made me strangle myself, and any scene where Mr Whackjob himself Tom Cruise expressed his love for 'Jules' was similarly appalling, but the killing was fun. And Maggie Q is pretty fine. I can't believe it takes 30 seconds to charge a defibrillator though, seems like a major design flaw, and surely their little implants would just blow up instead of giving you a headache for 5 minutes, what was the point in that? Overall, it's probably worth 3/5, but as I was in the mood for junk last night, it felt like a 4.