Best foreign film of all-time

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Rather Unique
The Harder They Come (Jamaica)
Countryman (Jamaica)
Third World Cop (Jamaica)
This just reminded me... anyone one who liked The Harder... should really check out Rockers as well. It does a great job of immersing you in that place and time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079815/

The Tyranny of Evil Men
My favorite foreign film has the French title "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain."
But the American title is just Amelie. It is about a French woman and how she finds her perfect boyfreind through a series of strategems.

Foreign to whom?

I guess if I had to pick one, and I realize I don't, maybe Aguirre: Wrath of God?
I really enjoy the German New Wave, whatever that may be.
Not, like, Naziism, though. Don't enjoy that one bit.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Ezekiel 25:17
My favorite foreign film has the French title "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain."
But the American title is just Amelie. It is about a French woman and how she finds her perfect boyfreind through a series of strategems.
Oh, but it is about so much more, too! Have you seen any of Jeunet's other work? I like all of the films I have seen from his catalog, a lot.

There are so many great foreign films but at the moment my favourites would probally have to be Belle De Jour and Jules & Jim. I have become quite obsessed with French cinema at the moment so I have watched alot of french films lately.

8 1/2

Yes it's incredibly long and meandering, but a classic.

city of god was incredibal

i would say Downfall or Mediterrano

Freezer was cool (no pun intended)

Id have to say la haine and i would reccomend it to any body it is great i am ust getting into foreign films but i am finding them a lot more real than the usual hollywood tripe.

La Cite Des Enfants Perdus... (City of Lost Children).

If you want a shocking and disturbing and in parts boring foreign film, and very French, try: Fat Girl (french title: Ma Soeur). Be sure to watch the whole thing or it won't make sense.

The Passion of Joan D'Arc from 1928 (French).

why r u wearin that stupid man suit
let's see, I have a lot to,hum... let's start with "Delicatessen" first Jean Pierre Jeunet movie,with Marc Caro, "The city of the lost children" second Jeunet/Caro film,"Amelie","A very long engagement" both from Jeunet too but without Caro.Still on the french movies I also like "RRRrrr" and "8 femme".
In English are considered foreign?
I just know I love "Traispotting","Velvet goldmine","Greenfingers" and "Saving Grace"
Now Latin movies (I don't know the names in english).
"Y tu mama tambien","Central do Brasil","La mala educacion" ,"Cidade de Deus","Meu tio matou um cara".
Yeah,I think that's it,I'm not a very big fan of italian or german movies,those are the ons I like...
First of all, Papa smurf didn't create Smurfette.Gargamel did.She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village.But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, well, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are assexual.They don't even have... reproductive organs under those tiny, white pants. It's just so illogical, about being a Smurf, you know? I mean, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?

[ Donnie Darko]

you should definetly check out Gegen die wand, Die untergang and Goodbye Lenin as far as german movies are concerned. they've been going through a bit of a renaissance...

history *is* moralizing
even so, they're sooo German...

history *is* moralizing
meaning Goodbye Lenin was not bad actually, but Gegen Die Wand... is so typical - live here and you'll get it. Der (!) Untergang however was a surprise, maybe they begin to cure themselves from all the propaganda and taboos created since the 30ies... and the performance was good.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
meaning Goodbye Lenin was not bad actually, but Gegen Die Wand... is so typical - live here and you'll get it. Der (!) Untergang however was a surprise, maybe they begin to cure themselves from all the propaganda and taboos created since the 30ies... and the performance was good.
Well, gegen die wand is one of the best films i've ever seen and i shall hunt you down and slap the ***** out of you if you claim otherwise, glasses and all....and i mean that in the nicest possible way.... ( sorry about the Die )

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by adidasss
Well, gegen die wand is one of the best films i've ever seen and i shall hunt you down and slap the ***** out of you if you claim otherwise, glasses and all....and i mean that in the nicest possible way.... ( sorry about the Die )
depending on your personal tastes, shall i give you a guillotine or a triangle??