Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I've only seen Notorious, Psycho, and Rear Window...out of those three, I am all for Rear Window. In the other twos, I found myself pausing quite a bit and having to take small little rests...but in Rear Window, woah!
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by MovieDan82
...My pick for Hitchcock’s best film switches from Notorious, Vertigo, and Straners on a Train daily.
I would definatly go for Straners on a Train. Tea Straining? Oh yes. Definatly Hitch's most cafinated.

Man of La Movies
I love Rebecca, North by Northwest, Vertigo, and To Catch a Thief. Has anyone seen The Truth about Harry...it's really interesting...more humorous, and the debut of Shirley McClaine. Rebecca is my favorite, though. Just the way it's done is amazing, but the others aren't far behind

Vertigo.

definately Rear Window

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
I think I like Rebecca the best, but he has done so many classics it is really hard to choose.

i like them all i dont even know if i have a favorite but i am a fanatic of the twilight zone thats my show Rod Serling

Rebecca
Vertigo
Psycho
------------------------------------

for me it would definitly be a tie between Strangers on a Train and Psycho. out of his films that I have seen these two sucked me into the story the most

Strangers on a Train is very good too. Just misses my top 3 I think. It usually depends on what mood I am in.

Hitchcock has so many great films, but my favorite is North by Northwest. I also like Rebecca, Rear Window, the Birds, Dial "M" for Murder, Vertigo, Psycho the list goes on and on...

hi, i'm new here and really enjoying this discussion

my favourite hitch films- the birds, pyscho and rope

but they're all great-

North by Northwest

ive only seen Phycho....and actually i wasnt that impressed...wasnt that great of a movie

I have, and love all of these . . .

Psycho, Rear Window, Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder, North by Northwest, The Birds, Notorious, Vertigo, Spellbound, Shadow of a Doubt, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) . . .
The remake to The Man Who Knew Too Much is my least favorite that I own.

Originally Posted by ;2003
So, what is the best Alfred Hitchcock film?
I'm attracted to some of Hitchcock's gimmicks, like the seemingly continuous shot in Rope and the way the camera never leaves the room in Rear Window. The only things you see are what's in the room and what can be viewed through that window. Plus it's got a really good cast. Shadow of a Doubt is my second pick for a Hitchcock film just because it has such a good cast. I also like Jamaica Inn for its historic setting (relatively rare in a Hitchcock film) and a great cast headed by Charles Laughlin. I really like The Trouble With Harry--how many directors can make a good comedy out of supposed murder? But my absolute favorite Hitchcock film of all is Lifeboat which combines the gimmick of a limited area for performance and a great cast.

One thing shared by all of my picks is that they are all fairly simple stories that evolve around fairly simple crimes--none of the complications of a Vertigo and no flamboyant crimes like trying to kill Cary Grant with a crop-duster airplane.