Star Trek Beyond

Tools    

The Star Trek reboot movies have nailed it, they've knocked all of the dust off this aging franchise and got rid of all the boring elements. When the original series aired, it tried to be as fun as could be with what resources they had and if anything can be called the "spirit" of Star Trek, then fun is it. The masses don't really know the old show(s) very well, but all of the elements from it that have made their way into the public consciousness have already been used up, basically. The Tholians and the Gorn are pretty much all they have left. I thought it was a bit early, last time, to trod out Khan, it seemed like they should've saved that for sequel #4, maybe, when the series starts to sag, a bit. But I'm definitely interested to see what's done in #3 and I hope that Justin Lin brings plenty of High Octane, High Voltage action for this outing. Beyond has got to be mind blowing and I'm confident that he's up to the challenge. This is going to be good!

THR is reporting that the first trailer for Star Trek Beyond will be attached to The Force Awakens.
what dont tell me it's the same universe?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Trailer looks bad, like what is even happening. Justin Lins Fast and Furious movies were ****, I don't care how much they made.

Be amazed if this is any good.

I would've loved an actual "prequel" of the original Star Trek using young actors.
Instead, what we got was a concurrent "splinter" reality with a parallel universe retcon and alternate continuity carbon copies of all the characters, meaning the characters were no longer unique since there was now at least two versions of every one of them.
i.e. Everything we ever knew about the original Star Trek universe may as well have never happened and can now be thrown away since it's all been replaced by a copy - and as we know with copies, their quality degrades with every subsequent replication.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just for fun... if they ever do a prequel for ST The Next Generation, will James McAvoy play young Jean Luc Picard?
(Get it? Get it? Huh? Huh?)
Or Tom Hardy (Get it?)

The tone in this is sooooo much different than the other 2 movies. It was a mistake getting someone like Justin Lin for this. It looks like its gonna be Fast & Furious in Space......I guess Star Trek beat Fast & Furious to it...

A Star Trek reboot is not Star Trek, so I don't care about it.
So there is another true Trekkie on the forum., what a relief! JJJ AMBRAMS will probably destroy Star Wars next. I mean Vulcan destroyed when it still exists in the current books ?LMFAO! Go bollocks JJJJ ABRAMABAS!

Just for fun... if they ever do a prequel for ST The Next Generation, will James McAvoy play young Jean Luc Picard?
(Get it? Get it? Huh? Huh?)
Or Tom Hardy (Get it?)
Color me dense But I don't get it?

So there is another true Trekkie on the forum., what a relief! JJJ AMBRAMS will probably destroy Star Wars next. I mean Vulcan destroyed when it still exists in the current books ?LMFAO! Go bollocks JJJJ ABRAMABAS!
Yah, I am And there's GBgoodies and Captain Steel too.

I'm sure you guys seen this trailer for a fan funded, possible Star Trek series, that never was picked up for syndication

Trailer

The full movie is on YouTube and legit. I watched the movie a few weeks ago. Loved the concept and characters, the script needed work but at least it existed within the Star Trek universe and not the JJAMBRAMS universe!

A system of cells interlinked

Wasn't Star Trek a TV show in the late 60s? Why would some random series of books somehow be the definitive version of the material?

Did Roddenberry write all these books? I don't think he did. Sounds like fan-fiction to me!

RE: Star Trek:Renegades. I was hoping this would be good, but i couldn't even make it through the entire film.

Wasn't Star Trek a TV show in the late 60s? Why would some random series of books somehow be the definitive version of the material?

Did Roddenberry write all these books? I don't think he did. Sounds like fan-fiction to me!
Star Trek has a timelime set by stardates!

Color me dense But I don't get it?
In the X-Men movies Patrick Stewart (who played Jean Luc Piccard in ST-TNG) was Professor Xavier. In the prequel & time-travel X-Men movies James McAvoy plays young Professor Xavier - so if McAvoy can play a young Patrick Stewart, then he could just as easily play a young Jean Luc Piccard.

I had to look up the Tom Hardy reference - but he played Shinzon in Star Trek Nemeis (2002). Shinzon was a clone of Jean Luc Piccard. So Tom Hardy was also playing a younger version of Patrick Stewart!

In the Beginning...
The trailer is boring and derivative, and it seems this latest movie will only trample that much more on what I used to love about Star Trek.

Honestly, with the tremendous popularity of television dramas these days—and the incredible openness that audiences have shown the fantasy and sci-fi genres—why isn't there a new Star Trek series on television? Paramount really should jettison this big-budget, action-packed malarky and take a slower, more intellectual approach. I bet Netflix would jump at the opportunity to reboot Star Trek on the small screen.