Merry Christmas Music Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Round 1, Set 2!!!

4~Clint Black - Til' Santa's Gone (Milk and Cookies) vs. 7~Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Merry Christmas Baby

4~Neil Diamond - You Make It Feel Like Christmas vs. 5~Silent Night - Taylor Davies (feat. Home Free) (That was a beautiful version of "Silent Night", and I probably would have voted for it if it wasn't up against my nom.)

5~The spirit of christmas past - Enya vs. 6~The Darkness-Christmas Time (The link for "The Darkness-Christmas Time" has the message "The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.", so I used this link instead.)

7~Frank Sinatra - I'll Be Home For Christmas vs. 2~Siouxsie & The Banshees - Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant

3~Brandi Carlisle - The Heartache Can Wait vs. 2~The Kingston Trio - The First Snows Of Winter (This was a very tough match with two great songs that I hadn't heard before. I could easily have voted for the other song.)

3~Frosty the Snowman - Jackson 5 vs. 2~Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

1~José Feliciano ~ Feliz Navidad vs. 2~Good Shepherd Band - Gabriel's Message (My Gift To You)

1~Joan Jett and the Blackhearts ~ Little Drummer Boy vs. 6~Alf Prøysen-Julepresangen

Ah, so my thread is educational, too. I honestly wish I had changed two of my songs to Shinee's Last Christmas and Winter Wonderland. What are the chances you all have already listened to all of my songs, and would be bothered if I did change two of them? Please be honest. I'm just curious.

As long as the two songs that you want to change haven't been in any of the rounds that have been posted yet, I don't see any problem with you changing them, especially since you're the one running the tournament, so you're the one who has to do the extra work to change them.

1~Joan Jett and the Blackhearts ~ Little Drummer Boy vs. 6~Alf Prøysen-Julepresangen
nominated this because i ran out of christmas songs lol (i remember them now though of course) Its one of my all time favourite christmas songs but obviously since its in norwegian im not expecting anyone else to like it. For those wondering what its about- its about a little boy who wants to make a christmas present for his mother by carving something out of wood,but he keeps getting it wrong and it gets smaller and smaller so each vers hes making something new until finally its just a thin plank to slice bread on.

Thanks for the explanation about the second song. I had no idea what that song was about, but it just felt like a fun song. I'd love to hear an English version of it.

OK, this was a really tough set. I'm almost tired of listening to these songs over and over again. I can't freaking decide on some of them.

Round 1, Set 2!!!

4~Neil Diamond - You Make It Feel Like Christmas

This was a tie, so I gave it to Neil Diamond. My mother loved that man to pieces.

I love Neil Diamond too. It broke my heart in the last tournament when I had to vote against one of his songs.

As long as the two songs that you want to change haven't been in any of the rounds that have been posted yet, I don't see any problem with you changing them, especially since you're the one running the tournament, so you're the one who has to do the extra work to change them.
Oh no, of course not. Thanks! Personally, I'm fine with any changes up until it's simply too late. Just in case any of you change your minds about your nominations. Just let me know.

I love Neil Diamond too. It broke my heart in the last tournament when I had to vote against one of his songs.
On my mother's last birthday, I bought her a bunch of books about her favorite actors and singers. There was one on Neil Diamond, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, and so on . . . I need to see where my sister put those. She's been on my mind a lot these past couple days.

On my mother's last birthday, I bought her a bunch of books about her favorite actors and singers. There was one on Neil Diamond, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, and so on . . . I need to see where my sister put those. She's been on my mind a lot these past couple days.

That's a nice gift. I'm sure she appreciated it.

I have a couple of coffee table books about Neil Diamond. I don't have much time to read them, but it's nice to know that they're there if I ever get around to them.

That's a nice gift. I'm sure she appreciated it.

I have a couple of coffee table books about Neil Diamond. I don't have much time to read them, but it's nice to know that they're there if I ever get around to them.
Yeah, she was smiling from ear to ear. I'm having trouble remembering the other book, for some reason. I also got her a Bobby Darin dvd, plus the movie about his life. Kevin Spacey did a great job there, and he sounds amazing when he sings.

So, I will post the next set of winners, plus the next set in the game, right after Chyp and Cosmo reply. No rush, though. I'm just going to make sure I'm ready to go as soon as possible, from now on. I don't want us running too late. It's actually going pretty good, now that I got the hang of it. This isn't something I'm in the habit of running, soooooo . . .

I actually took the time to do a craft project, while I listened to these songs earlier this evening. That's exactly what I was hoping for. A nice break, of listening to Christmas music, while decorating, making crafts, and/or cooking/baking. My first craft project, which now that I'm looking at it, I made the bow too big, I made too many ribbons at the bottom, and I maybe no longer like the ribbon running through the middle of it. Lord, I'm forever picky! Someone gave me this thing years ago. It had no lights on it, a very faded ribbon, and a bunch of ornaments attached to it, that were also very faded by years of being in the sun. Oh well, maybe I'll like it more after a few hours of sleep. I also baked two homemade, deep dish, chocolate chip pies. Now those I still love.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wreath.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	28048  

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Round 1, Set 2

4~Clint Black - Til' Santa's Gone (Milk and Cookies) vs. 7~Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Merry Christmas Baby

4~Neil Diamond - You Make It Feel Like Christmas vs. 5~Silent Night - Taylor Davies (feat. Home Free)

5~The spirit of christmas past - Enya vs. 6~The Darkness-Christmas Time

7~Frank Sinatra - I'll Be Home For Christmas vs. 2~Siouxsie & The Banshees - Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant

3~Brandi Carlisle - The Heartache Can Wait vs. 2~The Kingston Trio - The First Snows Of Winter

3~Frosty the Snowman - Jackson 5 vs. 2~Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

1~José Feliciano ~ Feliz Navidad vs. 2~Good Shepherd Band - Gabriel's Message (My Gift To You)

Round 1, Set 2!!!

Clint Black - Til' Santa's Gone (Milk and Cookies) vs. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Merry Christmas Baby

Neil Diamond - You Make It Feel Like Christmas vs. Silent Night - Taylor Davies (feat. Home Free)

The spirit of christmas past - Enya vs. The Darkness-Christmas Time

Frank Sinatra - I'll Be Home For Christmas vs. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant

Brandi Carlisle - The Heartache Can Wait vs. The Kingston Trio - The First Snows Of Winter

Frosty the Snowman - Jackson 5 vs. Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

José Feliciano ~ Feliz Navidad vs. Good Shepherd Band - Gabriel's Message (My Gift To You)

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts ~ Little Drummer Boy vs. Alf Prøysen-Julepresangen

(sorry - the lights were far too bright this time - they simply had to go )

Can I change Leona Lewis one more sleep to Maria Mena-Home for Christmas
Sure, that's fine. I'll fix our nominations, post the next set of winners, and the next set of songs, in just a bit. I'm running extremely late getting in this evening, and I've been busy all day, while dealing with a flu bug. Luckily for me it's just one of those nose and throat things. I get those 1-3 times every year. If it were another stomach flu, I'd be spewing and disappearing again. I normally only get one of those every decade or so. *Knocks on wood!*
OK, I'll be back soon. I'll post the next set of songs first, just in case any of you are on, and hoping to vote again tonight.

(sorry - the lights were far too bright this time - they simply had to go )
Don't be dissin' my lights, man!

My Wham! ~ Last Christmas switched with SHINee ~ Last Christmas

I haven't decided where my other SHINee song is going, but it doesn't matter just yet.

OK, Set 3 is coming up . . .

Round 1, Set 2!!!
The Winners!

7~Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Merry Christmas Baby
4~Neil Diamond - You Make It Feel Like Christmas
5~Enya - The Spirit of Christmas Past
7~Frank Sinatra - I'll Be Home For Christmas
3~Brandi Carlisle - The Heartache Can Wait
2~Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody
1~José Feliciano ~ Feliz Navidad
6~Alf Prøysen-Julepresangen

Round 1, Set 3!!!

Frank Sinatra - Have yourself a merry little Christmas vs. Danny Kaye & The Andrews Sisters - A Merry Christmas At Grandmother’s House

The Punch Brothers - O Come, O Come Emmanuel vs. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells

Shakira-Santa Baby vs. SHINee ~ Last Christmas

Tom Petty - Christmas All Over Again vs. Mel & Kim-Rocking around the christmas tree

Nat King Cole ~ Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire vs. Buck Owens - Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy

Bonnie Tyler-Merry Christmas vs. Brook Benton - This Time Of The Year

Christmas Secrets - Enya vs. Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) vs. One toy soldier - Enya

3~Frank Sinatra - Have yourself a merry little Christmas vs. 4~Danny Kaye & The Andrews Sisters - A Merry Christmas At Grandmother’s House

3~The Punch Brothers - O Come, O Come Emmanuel
vs. 7~Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells

6~Shakira-Santa Baby vs. 1~SHINee ~ Last Christmas

7~Tom Petty - Christmas All Over Again vs. 6~Mel & Kim-Rocking around the christmas tree

1~Nat King Cole ~ Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
vs. 4~Buck Owens - Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy

6~Bonnie Tyler-Merry Christmas vs. 2~Brook Benton - This Time Of The Year oh I love Brook Benton's voice

5~Christmas Secrets - Enya vs. 2~Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

7~Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) vs. 5~One toy soldier - Enya

Round 1, Set 3!!!

3~Frank Sinatra - Have yourself a merry little Christmas vs. 4~Danny Kaye & The Andrews Sisters - A Merry Christmas At Grandmother’s House
I don't think I've ever heard "A Merry Christmas At Grandmother's House" before. It was mostly the slower, sad Christmas songs on at work today, so it was nice to hear something really upbeat right now. Vote definitely has to go to Sinatra though.

3~The Punch Brothers - O Come, O Come Emmanuel vs. 7~Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells
That Punch Brothers song was nicely sung, but the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Carol of the Bells" is literally my favourite Christmas thing.

6~Shakira-Santa Baby vs. 1~SHINee ~ Last Christmas
Tough call! Shakira's version of "Santa Baby" was good, but felt a little too slow. I don't think I've heard a Korean pop group's version of a Christmas song before, but it was also good. I kept changing my mind as to which one I liked more.

7~Tom Petty - Christmas All Over Again vs. 6~Mel & Kim-Rocking around the christmas tree
I've heard that particular version of "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" before, but it's not the one I really like. Between this version and Tom Petty, I have to go with Petty.

1~Nat King Cole ~ Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire vs. 4~Buck Owens - Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy

"The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" is one of my favourite Christmas songs. I thought the version I liked the most was Nat King Cole's, but that sounds a but different than I was expecting. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, or it sounds differently over retail speakers haha. Really wasn't a fan of that Buck Owens song.

6~Bonnie Tyler-Merry Christmas vs. 2~Brook Benton - This Time Of The Year
I hadn't heard either of these songs before.

5~Christmas Secrets - Enya vs. 2~Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
That Enya song was really beautiful, but I really love Dean Martin's version of "Let it Snow!"

7~Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) vs. 5~One toy soldier - Enya
I'm not sure if Darlene Love's version is my favourite take on that song, but I do like it quite a lot. I liked the other Enya song in this round a lot more than this one.