Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

How the hell did Bridges not even get nominated at the Oscars for that performance?
How often do the Academy give Oscars for comedies/comedic performances... Other than Russell Crowe's Gladiator, of course.

just watched Metropolis for the first time. i was actually a bit dissappointed. Overrated imo.
I know lots of people like it, but this is like Blade Runner, it's incredibly influencial and that's why it has its reputation.

Sliver Linnings Playbook - 8/10

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 - 6/10

The Cabinet of Dr. Cagliari (1920) by Robert Wiene

The Night of the Demon (1957) by Jacques Tourneur

City of the Living Dead (1980) by Lucio Fulci

Witchfinder General (1968) by Michael Reeves

Poltergeist (1982) by Tobe Hooper

If you listen closely -

In the fourth viewing I understood some nuances that I failed to grasp in my earlier viewings. Truly among the greatest of all films, animated or not. I think this one is one of the most underrated films ever made.

Stranger Than Fiction (2006)

It's an original plot and altough they didn't use the full potential of the concept, it had some funny and good scenes.

Boogie Nights (1997)

YEAH! Now THAT's how you make a great movie! The beginning scene looks etremely good. The way they staged that long shot is BRILLIANT!
I also loved the music and the many memorable moments and characters (Jack Horner, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl, etc.) in the film.

True Romance, for the second time (saw it almost a year ago for the first time).

Saying "I love it" is just not enough to describe what I feel for this film. Even when I watched it for the first time last year I loved it from the first minute until the last, and it was the same feeling today. This movie is almost flawless for me.

I love the story, I think the acting is superb, especially Christian Slater's performance, the dialogue is sharp (typical Tarantino, and I'm glad he didn't direct this because as much as I like him, this movie is great the way it is and I'm happy that he only wrote it), the soundtrack is wonderful, and I also really like most of the locations in the film which for me is one of the most important details that I think helps in making movies memorable.

Story about my mother: The Castrating Zionist

Truly an amazing film. Along with Stagecoach, I've really opened up to westerns. Never seen such troubled and deep characters. Unlike many other "genre" films, you don't expect the ending, or any other action; rare to find such mystery in films of any decade.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"The Raid"

Fairly awesome I must say.

8.5/10

Philadelphia

Black Cat White Cat (1998) by Emir Kusturica

A Letter to Uncle Boonmee (2009) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

Onkel Boonmee who can Recall his Past Lives (2010) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

Ashes (2012) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

Werckmeister Harmonies (2000) by Bela Tarr

Blue Velvet (1996) by David Lynch

True Grit (2010)

It was enjoyable and I really liked Jeff Bridges' performance. It's probably never going to be in my favorite movies of all time list or something like that, but I didn't regret viewing it for a second.

Next film of the night is probably going to be Magnolia, as I loved Boogie Nights so much!

Carnage by Roman Polanski

Wreck-it Ralph
It wasn't that bad. Had a good story and a life lesson: 8/10

Red Lights
A really unexpected end, good movie that makes you think! 8/10

The most loathsome of all goblins
Wreck-it Ralph
It wasn't that bad. Had a good story and a life lesson: 8/10
My problem with Wreck-it Ralph is that going in I expected far more amusing video game references. Instead of nerd-gasms galore, all I got was one long parody of only two games: Donkey Kong & Mario Kart. Still enjoyed it, but it's definitely no Scott Pilgrim, which I thought was excellent.