Movies with STAR STUDDED CASTS..

Tools    

I just realized, C. Thomas Howell was in E.T., which is why you probably left his name off the list. I assumed it was because you simply didn't like him, but you're not a Patrick Swayze fan, either, so it made me wonder enough to check.
I'll have to admit, I was never an E.T. fan, so I totally data-dumped him being in that film.

The Godfather (Brando, Pacino, Caan, Duvall, Diane Keaton)

Brother Blue: Good one..Glengarry Glenn Ross. The script is a masterpiece. A story of broken language. Not easy to pull off but these guys do it brilliantly.

The Prestige: Pulp Fiction..yes indeed. And thanks for mentioning Ving Rhames. A great talent. We've got to get him in more movies.

Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) had a credited cast of 10 actors, half of whom were future or past Oscar winners: Spencer Tracy, Walter Brennan, Dean Jagger, Ernest Borgnine, and Lee Marvin. It also starred Robert Ryan (nominated for an Oscar for his great role in Crossfire) and Anne Francis. It had a larger percentage of outstanding actors in its cast (70%) than even The Godfather (which had a much larger cast). It earned the only Oscar nomination for director John Sturges who later directed The Magnificent Seven and The Great Escape, both with several top-name actors among much bigger casts.

However, the most star-studded film ever had to be Sleuth (1972), which was essentially a 2-character performance by Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine. What other film had that much star-power on screen in virtually every scene?

The first that came to mind was The Deer Hunter, it's got Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep, and Christopher Walken.

A Few Good Men
(Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Cuba Gooding Jr, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Pollak)

Apocalypse Now had a decent few, split between up and comers and already stars including: Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Dennis Hopper, Lawrence Fishbourne, Harrison Ford

Making a difference
The spirit- Gabriel Macht, Eva Mendes, Scarlett Johannson, Samuel L Jackson, Jaime King

This is a favorite star studded cast of mine. Sure, they're not all super famous, or they weren't until sometime after this film. However, there are plenty of familiar faces, and I love this movie. That, and I've been in love with Steve Martin since forever.

Parenthood

A Ron Howard Film

Parenthood: Movie Trailer

Steve Martin ~ Gil Buckman
Mary Steenburgen ~ Karen Buckman
Dianne Wiest ~ Helen Buckman
Jason Robards ~ Frank Buckman
Rick Moranis ~ Nathan Huffner
Tom Hulce ~ Larry Buckman
Martha Plimpton ~ Julie Buckman
Keanu Reeves ~ Tod Higgins
Harley Jane Kozak ~ Susan Buckman
Dennis Dugan ~ David Brodsky
Joaquin Phoenix ~ Garry Buckman-Lampkin
Eileen Ryan ~ Marilyn Buckman
Rance Howard ~ Dean at College
Clint Howard ~ Lou

A movie I really enjoyed by director Steven Soderbergh that didn't get much attention is Full Frontal. It's one that requires a bit of concentration, so if you're looking for something light, this is not the one for you. I would sum it up by saying it's a movie within a movie within a movie. It starts many big names, including David Duchovny, Catherine Keener, Julia Roberts, Blair Underwood, and David Hyde Pierce.

The upcoming Nine

Day Lewis
Nicole Kidman
Penelope Cruz
Sophia Loren
Judi Dench
Kate Hudson
Marion Cotillard

2 of the Best films with Star Studded Casts in my opinion are:

THE DEPARTED

Leo DiCaprio - Billy Costigan
Matt Damon - Colin
Jack Nicholson - Costello
Mark Wahlberg - Dignam
Martin Sheen - Queenan
Alec Baldwin - Ellerby
Directed By: Martin Scorsese

&

HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU

Scarlett Johansson - Anna Marks
Bradley Cooper - Ben
Justin Long - Alex
Ben Affleck - Neil
Jennifer Aniston - Beth Murphy
Jennifer Connelly - Janine
Drew Barrymore - Mary
Kevin Connolly - Conor Barry
Ginnifer Goodwin - Gigi Phillips
Directed By: Ken Kwapis

Oh, what A Lovely War had quite a few famous people in it

Can't believe I forgot about Everyone Says I Love You.

As you can see in the pic, it has Drew Barrymore and Ed Norton, but also stars Woody Allen, Goldie Hawn, Alan Alda, Julia Roberts, Tim Roth, Natalie Portman, and Lucas Haas. As well as a couple of minor roles for Billy Crudup and Cristy Carlson Romano. A few of you might recognise Natasha Lyonne, too.