Movie Tab II

Tools    

Cape Fear(1991) - havent seen this original but this version is great. it felt like a modern Hitchcock movie very creepy with really good acting

Lady in the Lake
1947 - Robert Montgomery

See Ride the Pink Horse instead.

(By the way, does anyone know of any other films shot in the first-person POV? I'm pretty sure there's a Bogart picture that did, but I can't think of the name right now. It's on the tip of my tongue. Holden?)

Originally Posted by Garrett
(By the way, does anyone know of any other films shot in the first-person POV? I'm pretty sure there's a Bogart picture that did, but I can't think of the name right now. It's on the tip of my tongue. Holden?)
Dark Passage (1947 - Delmer Daves), starring Bogart & Bacall, utilizes that device for the first section of the film. Then the protagonist, his face shown in a couple mirrors and a newspaper headlines when he is the first-person camera perspective, gets cosmetic surgery, and when the bandages are removed he looks like Bogie for the rest of the film.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Dark Passage (1947 - Delmer Daves), starring Bogart & Bacall, utilizes that device for the first section of the film. Then the protagonist, his face shown in a couple mirrors and a newspaper headlines when he is the first-person camera perspective, gets cosmetic surgery, and when the bandages are removed he looks like Bogie for the rest of the film.
Interesting. Is there some strange reason behind this? Were they unable to get him do the whole film?

Anyway:
Panic Room
2002 - David Fincher

Do you know my poetry?
A Boy and His Dog, B+
1975 - L.Q. Jones

The Front, B
1976 - Martin Ritt

Originally Posted by Garrett
Interesting. Is there some strange reason behind this? Were they unable to get him do the whole film?
No. It's a storytelling technique.

To Kill A Mockingbird (1962) 5/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

history *is* moralizing
Shaun of the Dead, UK, 2004, gosh, is that movie funny! good for the morale of the troups, like we say.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Fight Club -- love this film so much and i love looking at it from different perspectives; sociological, philisophical etc. because there are so many levels and factorsa to consider about this film and the characters. I love the style, the dialogue and the themes of this film. Fantastic.

All the President's Men
1976 - Alan J. Pakula

Zatoichi
2003 - Takeshi Kitano

I got for good luck my black tooth.
A Lot Like Love A lot better than I thought it would be. 3/5

Fantastic Voyage
The opening credits are awesome. The whole movie is awesome. All around awesome-ness.

Is Tora! Tora! Tora! any good?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Do you know my poetry?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, C
2005 - Garth Jennings

I was planning to go see Kung Fu Hustle, but the ticket cutter wouldn't let me in because of the "R" rating, and I, being fifteen. What has the world come too these days...

F*cking MPAA.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I watched Primer again, this time with the commentary on. It is still a very good film only this time it made a lot more sense.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2005 - Garth Jennings

I wrote a worthless little review of it over in the reviews section.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Is Tora! Tora! Tora! any good?
It's any good but a bit dry. I think it would have gained from being either more drama or more drama-documentary, to me it's a bit caught somewhere in between.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
It's any good but a bit dry. I think it would have gained from being either more drama or more drama-documentary, to me it's a bit caught somewhere in between.
It's got a groovy name but I don't think I'll be seeing it. Thanks.

Kikujiro
1999 - Takeshi Kitano

Sonatine
1993 - Takeshi Kitano