People aging in a deep hole

Tools    

A friend mentioned a movie to me sometime before 2008 (so the film is likely even older), but I never got around to watching it. The plot revolves around a group of kids who accidentally fall into a deep hole. At the bottom of the hole, there's water that rises up to their necks, making it difficult for them to breathe. Despite their attempts to escape, they find it impossible. Strangely, the water level keeps decreasing, and as it does, the children age rapidly. By the time the water level is almost at ground level, the kids have aged significantly. Eventually, the water disappears entirely, leading to their demise due to old age.

A friend mentioned a movie to me sometime before 2008 (so the film is likely even older), but I never got around to watching it. The plot revolves around a group of kids who accidentally fall into a deep hole. At the bottom of the hole, there's water that rises up to their necks, making it difficult for them to breathe. Despite their attempts to escape, they find it impossible. Strangely, the water level keeps decreasing, and as it does, the children age rapidly. By the time the water level is almost at ground level, the kids have aged significantly. Eventually, the water disappears entirely, leading to their demise due to old age.

Are you sure that it isn't false movie? I found only "Hole" (2001), but doesn't fit exactly.

that only movie i know and sound like it
It sounds like mix of "Hole" (2001) and "Old" (2021) - I don't know why. Perhaps it was other, unpopular and low-budget movie. We have to wait for OP answer.

Thanks for the replies.

Just watched "Old" (2021). While not the movie I'm searching for, it's intriguing, and the concept bears similarities. Consulted Wikipedia to determine if it's a remake of an older film, but found no relevant information. "Old" (2021) is adapted from the graphic novel "Sandcastle", released in 2010 (still after 2008). This suggests the film I'm seeking might not be widely known, and "Old" (2021) and "Sandcastle" might draw inspiration from it.

Regarding the number of children and their ethnicities in the movie I'm looking for, I'm unsure. My friend didn't specify, but there might be around 4-5 kids. Additionally, there's a possibility that it might not be a movie but rather a novel or a comic. However, I believe my friend mentioning it's a movie for some reason.

I haven't seen "The Hole" (2001) as of now, and I likely won't have the opportunity to watch it until the upcoming weekend.