Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

Are you agreeing with me?
I don't care for Titanic much either, as stated in my previous post.
I like James Cameron, but that film was more Hollywood bulls**t.

I liked Crash, but I can see where it comes off as preachy. It's really a one-time rental, I think.
Babel couldn't hold my attention, I have to really get into a movie.
Don't worry, this site's easy to navigate after a little while.

Oh, yeah...knew I seen it somewhere before, LOL I use to have some GL comics from the 90's. I use to have a whole s**t load of comics years ago, mostly X-men, Spider-man, Punisher, Spawn and Fantastic four.
I am a big IronMan fan, ever since I was ten.
Use to have some from the 70's but traded them, unfortunately.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Seeing this title, the first movie that leapt into my mind was "A.I." I can remember the hype before it came out, and then was so disappointed in that last half-hour or so where it just dragged on beyond its natural lifespan.

Having said that, "Tozalumberyard": LOVE the name and avatar. I'm a total Gene Wilder geek, so I "got" it on the first moment. And of course, Kenneth Mars and his great German accents (there and also in The Producers) are always a riot. Gotta love the darts in the ole forearm trick.

fbi
There are a few others I dislike that were a critical sucess but did not have great box office:

1. Crash (2004)
2. Traffic (2000)
3. Blow (2001)
4. Babel (2006)
babel could have been good but lost its momentum halfway.
I felt the director who also made the great amores perros was trying to be clever with this movie saying "look, all three stories seemingly unconnected are actually connected. See how clever i am?"

I liked Crash, but I can see where it comes off as preachy. It's really a one-time rental, I think.
i see your point. Some movies are good for one watch only. But i love crash.

My overrated movies are

heros Jet li
infernal affairs
serendipity
the prestige

1. 300
2. Anchor man
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Spider-man, not saying it's terrible, just overrated. I can remember seeing all the trailers online, and being excited for a year. Then, I see the movie and I'm like; "That's it?'
It seemed like they hit fast forward through all the stuff I wanted to see, like him fighting crime in the costume the first time, but instead we have a few flashes of this in a montage, and plus I expected to get vertigo from spidey's acrobatics, but never did. A relatively low to the ground Spidey. Although, after the initial disappointment I see where it is true to the character.

1. Crash (2004)
2. Traffic (2000)
3. Blow (2001)
4. Babel (2006)

Really?

Seeing this title, the first movie that leapt into my mind was "A.I." I can remember the hype before it came out, and then was so disappointed in that last half-hour or so where it just dragged on beyond its natural lifespan.

Having said that, "Tozalumberyard": LOVE the name and avatar. I'm a total Gene Wilder geek, so I "got" it on the first moment. And of course, Kenneth Mars and his great German accents (there and also in The Producers) are always a riot. Gotta love the darts in the ole forearm trick.

Right on, Aus! I seriously hope you've watched the DVD w/Mel's commentary on. What a comedic demi-god. Y.F. never gets old. EVER!

"Open this ******* door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!"

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies

What a comedic demi-god.
I have to agree wholeheartedly!

The Fungus Among Us
IMHO...

I am shocked no one has yet mentioned The Graduate.

This piece of garbage was on AFI's top 100 films of all time in the #7 slot in 1998 and in the #17 slot as of 2008.

Good God I hate this movie. No more than 5 minutes go by without a Paul Simon song blaring in to mask the fact that nothing was happening. Furthermore the ending is laughable; what women would ever forgive a man for sleeping with her mother and then run off with him. Probably that nonsense is one of the reasons so many held it in such high regards, because it was controversial. No controversy here, it was crap.

Other terribly over-rated films: The Godfather and Godfather 2
Juno
(I have yet been bale to make it through this trash. And while I realize that makes it a little unfair of me to criticize, I have made two separate attempts and on both occasions been able to tolerate no more than 10 minutes. It is just quirky for quirky's sake...PUKE.), and A.I. (Although no one ever said much about this movie the fact that it ever received a single positive review is a crime. A.I. is one of the worst movies ever made.)

what what what - the graduate is a good film.... and crash was brilliant, what didint you like about it?

as for the worst over rated movie.. no country for old men. how s***T was that! im a big big fan of cohen brothers, big hipe, big bore!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yeah, vondummp. You seem to have taken a big scythe to three classics and two recent films. I realize that you already know you're exaggerating, but maybe you should have a stopwatch handy (to time the lengths between Simon & Garfunkel songs) if you decide to throw up again and try watching The Graduate one more time. I guess it was controversial, if people consider showing the utter insanity of trying to grow up and grapple with predators and your honest emotions to be controversial. Sure, it's got a few seconds of Anne Bancroft's breasts and the stripclub scene, but The Graduate is more about American films incorporating techniques from the French New Wave into a commercial mainstream film than anything else. The ending may also be controversial if you dislike a character who I love, but you find a sleezeball for some reason, waving off a group of controlling, soulless moneygrabbers with a cross. I'll admit that "Scarborough Fair" is played quite a bit in the second half, but, even so, I guess, as Holden likes to say, "Your mileage may vary." In other words, more power to you, but I respectfully disagree.

The Fungus Among Us
And respectfully I hear your disagreement. That is what a good discussion is all about. But seriously I hate that movie.

The Godfathers isn't so much as a hate but more like a........ REALLY? The Godfather REALLY? What can I say, I found it boring.

Preach on... there is no accounting for taste.

A system of cells interlinked
I agree on Crash, I was not a fan of that film, at all. As for The Godfather, I just can't agree, at all. Same with The Graduate.

I just have to post:

Battle Royale (Fukasaku, 2000)

Why, oh why do people like this poorly shot, poorly written piece of GARBAGE? I barely made it through this thing.