Off to Spain tomorrow...

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
Awake and ready to go at 5 am, flight at 11, and then it's a 2 hour flight to a weeks break from a welsh Summer.

Anyway, there was an important question I needed to ask (don't mock me ). Will the fly on a pair of jeans set off the metal detectors?

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Awake and ready to go at 5 am, flight at 11, and then it's a 2 hour flight to a weeks break from a welsh Summer.

Anyway, there was an important question I needed to ask (don't mock me ). Will the fly on a pair of jeans set off the metal detectors?
didn't on mine, however if you are wearing a belt take it off, remove the change from your pockets (or your bag, i had a metal mirror in my makeup bag and THAT went off) and your keys and if you have any kind of scissors or leatherman it must not be on your person....

anyway have a great time....i will have to do the same thing in about 3 weeks when i go down to florida....

The People's Republic of Clogher

Derek Smalls lives!!

Have a great time.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	4153_st1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5192  

Hmmm... It's a good thing I didn't fly commercial the last time… I'd still have some 'splainin to do'…

Anyway, have fun Ash...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

May look a bit dodgy if I take my belt off in a crowded place...

Ah what the heck, thanks for putting my mind at ease! Now I'd better go pack, see you all in a week!
nah, you'll fit right in..they make everyone take off their shoes and belts and wahat not.

Oh it was OK I suppose. I didn't actually get to see much of the country, we were surrounded by a concrete jungle most of the time.

Barcelona was pretty good (except the 90 minute tour around the Stadium. I'm not a football fan), and we got to see the illuminated fountains there, which are definately worth a visit if you're ever in the city.

The rest of the time was spent either sunbathing by the small pool or going to the theme park PortAventura (pretty good, very big), or the nearby water park (can't remember the name).

But by the end of it me and my family were on the verge of killing each other. It's always the case.

history *is* moralizing
well, Barcelona is Catalonia, or do you say Edinburgh is in England, and so is Cardiff?
colonialism sucks, and hides everywhere
so, you haven't been to Spain?

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
well, Barcelona is Catalonia, or do you say Edinburgh is in England, and so is Cardiff?
that´s a good question

Enjoy yourse......oh wait, your back.....maybe i should read the rest of the thread first.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
But isn't Catalonia, along with the other 17 or so autonomous communities, a part of Spain? Like Wales is a part of England?

history *is* moralizing
Like Wales is a part of England?
you mean a part of Britain?
Cymru rhydd!

I'm pretty sure Wales is a part of England, but my source is full of himself so maybe that's not too reliable.
Anyway, as I understand it, saying I haven't been to Spain because Barcelona is in Catalonia is like saying I've never been to the UK because I was visiting Glasgow. Catalonia, Murcia and Navarre etc make up Spain, just like Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland make up the UK.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I'm pretty sure Wales is a part of England, but my source is full of himself so maybe that's not too reliable.
Anyway, as I understand it, saying I haven't been to Spain because Barcelona is in Catalonia is like saying I've never been to the UK because I was visiting Glasgow. Catalonia, Murcia and Navarre etc make up Spain, just like Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland make up the UK.

history *is* moralizing
first, no, don't be pretty sure. unfortunately for anti-colonialists like me, Cornwall now is, Wales is not, just like Scottland, Man or Northern Ireland are not. UK is not Britain is not England.
second, your comparison is worthless. now you did change "England" for "UK". i see you didn't spend ten minutes of your life thinking about those matters or you would have compared the concepts behind the words UK, England, state, country, Spain and "Spanish state". Navarra is Basque country. Spaniards like it or not. Murcia, yes it's Spain. their only language is Castillan, aka Spanish.
third, why do you think it would be more valuable to have been in Spain than in Catalonia?
fourth, colonialists, centralists and all their kind are so limited - while they visit one country, i have the pleasure to visit 7 or more. (about 10 or so in France) why spare you the (not trouble) beautiful richness of this world?

history *is* moralizing
now, two real maps for people with more imagination and heart and less ignorance than certain other people:

Catalan countries map
and a map of the real Europe for those Americans with heart that wanna deserve to visit it:

although the map of Italy is wrong. later i shall post a real one. Italy is like 15 different languages=countries.

history *is* moralizing
here it is, en even better one that shows that Italy too is a colonialist dream not based on any linguistic reality:

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Barcelona is in Spain, Ridiculo. It's been in Spain for a long time, and your browbeating people on a message board isn't going to change the fact that it's in Spain. Spaaaaaaaaaaaain Spainy el Spainador.