MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

Tools    

Well the Rays got their butt whipped thoroughly by the Nationals in Washington. A national league team scoring 15 runs on our pitching?! Trea Turner got 4 runs, a tater, 2 bags, and batted 1000. Good for my fantasy team but not my real one, dammit.

Well I have two words for you Mr no-fourpeat - Willy Adames. yussir!
Yeah, we'll see. After a pretty horrendous start to the year the boys on roids are really rounding into shape. Since no one else has been able to really get into the hundreds and make us all chase them... I'm pretty happy to get into the 90's. If I can just stretch out and get up there a little bit more. Should make for a fun run down the road to end the year.

My favorites are the 5.2 innings pitched near misses.
Had two of these yesterday.

That, and the Mets game got delayed and then postponed, and the first guy I had ready to slot in ended up hitting a Grand Slam on the bench. Wheeeee.

Ohtani is ridiculous:

Maybe the most raw talent of anybody in baseball.

Also, it's hysterical that he's finally stayed healthy in the Year of the Injury. He's basically been the league MVP, but was a borderline waiver guy because of that injury history.

A system of cells interlinked
Ohtani is ridiculous:

Maybe the most raw talent of anybody in baseball.

Also, it's hysterical that he's finally stayed healthy in the Year of the Injury. He's basically been the league MVP, but was a borderline waiver guy because of that injury history.
I gambled on him for the past couple of seasons, but this time said "This damned guy can't stay healthy, and has never really reached that next level."

Another genius move from yours truly!

Another Mets game postponed. They had a ton early in the year, too.

Usually a postponement is a little bit bad, because good players don't always play in both games of a double header (or maybe they come out early), so it's always bad luck. But it's particularly bad this year, since the double headers are only 7 innings each. So after like a dozen of these you've lost several dozen at bats from stud players.

Not sure I'd have noticed how bad it was except that I spent two very high draft picks on Mets.

Lance Lynn has a 1.99 ERA ?!?!
Am. Stunned.
I'm only a little stunned. He's obviously been better than I hoped, but he's the first pitcher I took (round 6) so I was banking on him being a stud. The underlying metric suggested last year (and the previous) was mostly real.

Definitely makes me wonder where I'd be without the injuries, since I took a few really calculated risks like that and they've mostly worked out.

It's okay, I'm asking myself those kinds of questions every day anyway.

Last I heard he was hitting off a pitching machine. Probably means a couple weeks as the absolute best-case scenario.

Basically I'm just hoping I get him playing mostly like himself for August and September, at this point.

I was about to compare my situation with Mondesi to Chris' with Trout, but then I remembered that Mondesi is already playing like himself i.e. sitting on IL most of the season.

Heh. Yeah, some of his risk was at least priced in. Still a tough blow though.
Not sure if you recall, but something...happened during the draft. I like to think my client lagged and the clock jumped ahead 30 seconds, instead of something like me spacing out for too long reading player updates and missing my pick like a jack ass. probably the latter, but I say old chap, Let's go with the former! Anyway, I didn't mean to take Mondesi, my target was Bregman, but...isn't he hurt now, too?