22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
WOW -- thought I was going to miss this!
Sweet!

mine so far:
1) Joker (#7) -- yes, Vicky, you better believe I was the other person to vote it #1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Shine (#9) -- not sure if this is the lowest I've ever voted one of my own due to others I've enjoyed more, but it could be
7)
8)
9) State of Siege (#10) -- really liked this, but there were others I enjoyed more
10) Waco: The Rules of Engagement (#11) -- VERY informative, THANKS wylde for going with this one
11) Dronningen (#8) -- even though it is at the bottom of my list I have enjoyed MM's nom's for being so very much out of the box. The Square comes to mind.

Blue Ruin was a great surprise even for a Cosmic film which I usually quite enjoy, I had it at #2

mine so far:
1) Joker (#7)
2) Blue Ruin (#6)
3)
4)
5)
6) Shine (#9)
7)
8)
9) State of Siege (#10)
10) Waco: The Rules of Engagement (#11)
11) Dronningen (#8) .

Weird. I thought the reception to Blue Ruin was mostly lukewarm. Guess it was warmer than I thought.

My ballot:

1. Joker
4. Shine
5. Dronningen
6. Blue Ruin
7. The Last Picture Show
9. Waco: Rules of Engagement
10. State of Siege

Picture Show is one I'll be seeing again at my #4 spot

mine so far:
1) Joker (#7)
2) Blue Ruin (#6)
3)
4) The Last Picture Show (#5)
5)
6) Shine (#9)
7)
8)
9) State of Siege (#10)
11) Dronningen (#8) .

Blue Ruin was my second and the one that almost took the first place for me. Love it. It became a favorite for me with this rewatch.

Last Picture Show was my 9. I liked the idea of it more than I liked the film. But it’s one of those that might grow on me.

I had them at:

#2 The Last Picture Show
#3 Blue Ruin

I'd seen The Last Picture Show but it was well worth rewatching again.

I was surprised at how much I liked Blue Ruin, it was because it didn't linger on the violent scenes like Tarantino would've. Very cool, more obscure nom, I like those.

I, Daniel Blake was my 3rd. Honestly 1 to 3 was a really really close run. Love them all. And this was a first watch that really hit me. Great film. Definitely gonna check out more Loach after this.

For as much as I loved I, Daniel, it only made #7 for me, glad to see it do so well

mine so far:
1) Joker (#7)
2) Blue Ruin (#6)
3)
4) The Last Picture Show (#5)
5)
6) Shine (#9)
7) I, Daniel Blake (TIE #4)
8)
9) State of Siege (#10)
11) Dronningen (#8)

Late here!! But here is my ranking so far

2. The Last Picture Show
5. I, Daniel Blake
6. Queen of Hearts
7. Blue Ruin
8. Shine
9. Waco
10. Joker
11. State of Siege

The trick is not minding
Waco was number one for me. I think it was the most compelling and even handed film representing the FBI raid as unjust.
Had Blue Ruin last

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Tied 4th: Mildred Pierce (actually they tied for 3rd theoretically)

76 Points

1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th, 8th

I had them at:

#2 The Last Picture Show
#3 Blue Ruin

I'd seen The Last Picture Show but it was well worth rewatching again.

I was surprised at how much I liked Blue Ruin, it was because it didn't linger on the violent scenes like Tarantino would've. Very cool, more obscure nom, I like those.
I've seen a couple of revenge films that had a more cerebral aesthetic that were very good and Ruin easily joins them