What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher

It's been unofficially officially announced that the return of Formula 1 to the BBC will be accompanied by their seminal intro music (Fleetwood Mac's The Chain) which graced my Sunday afternoons for many years.

Fantastic, evocative news.

It's been unofficially officially announced that the return of Formula 1 to the BBC will be accompanied by their seminal intro music (Fleetwood Mac's The Chain) which graced my Sunday afternoons for many years.

Fantastic, evocative news.

I've always loved Fleetwood Mac... especially Rumors ... I took my Mom to see them in concert in 2004 (I think) and they pretty much sucked... which was a bit disappointing... she had seen them live years ago and said they were awesome then...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

[1982]

the worst miming I've ever seen, but never mind, the music's cool.

[1981]
warning - explicit language

I've always loved Fleetwood Mac... especially Rumors ... I took my Mom to see them in concert in 2004 (I think) and they pretty much sucked... which was a bit disappointing... she had seen them live years ago and said they were awesome then...
I guess that going to see most of the veteran acts comes with a certain amount of risk. Easily the worst I've seen was Chuck Berry but the most inconsistent was the Belfast Cowboy himself, Van Morrison.

On successive concerts he made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up then, in the next one, made me want to throw a bottle.

the most inconsistent was the Belfast Cowboy himself, Van Morrison.

On successive concerts he made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up then, in the next one, made me want to throw a bottle.
Most people wanted to throw bottles at him the last time he was in Sydney, He was Booooooooed off the stage

I guess that going to see most of the veteran acts comes with a certain amount of risk. Easily the worst I've seen was Chuck Berry but the most inconsistent was the Belfast Cowboy himself, Van Morrison.

Most people wanted to throw bottles at him the last time he was in Sydney, He was Booooooooed off the stage

I adore Chuck Berry... but have heard from a few others he's just not up to par anymore... so, I think I'll just remember him from the one time I did see him years ago...

That's pretty sad about Van Morrison...

A system of cells interlinked

Really? I wonder what the reason was?

I know he's been touring the 40th Anniversary of Astral Weeks recently and if people boo that, frankly, they need seeing to.

One of the best descriptions of Van's style was by Paul Gambacinni, who compared him to an impressionist painter. An impressionist painter who hasn't done a decent painting for nearly 20 years, probably.

The first time I saw Van he was monumental. He was touring the Enlightenment album (backed by Georgie Fame), which wasn't bad in itself but he spiced things up with a few classics. Next time was at Slane, in the middle of the day, and George Ivan clearly wanted to be somewhere else. He had an awful jazz band in tow and raced through his set without pausing for breath.

Caity - the story I have about Chuck Berry might well land MoFo in legal difficulties so I'll hold fire. Suffice to say that he didn't play for very long...

Anyway, The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

Best single of the 90s. Probably.

Really? I wonder what the reason was?
It was a few years ago I didn't see it read about it, He sat down on stage and no one could see him he didn't engage the crown and appeared out of it mumbling, forgetting words etc

Lisa: I can't believe you're not still popular.
Bart: What'd you do? Screw up like the Beatles and say you were bigger
than Jesus?
Homer: All the time! That was the title of our second album.