Hugh Jackman, LES MISÉRABLES
31.58%
12 votes
Joaquin Phoenix, THE MASTER
2.63%
1 votes
Denzel Washington, FLIGHT
38 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Here are the nominees for Oscar's Best Actor. Which is your choice?

Bradley Cooper, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
Daniel Day-Lewis, LINCOLN
Hugh Jackman, LES MISÉRABLES
Joaquin Phoenix, THE MASTER
Denzel Washington, FLIGHT

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cooper.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	9874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lewis.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	9875   Click image for larger version

Name:	jackman.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	9876   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	9877   Click image for larger version

Name:	washington.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	9878  

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Denis Lavant should've been nominated!!!!! I'd also sooner nominate John Hawkes for The Sessions or even Jack Black in Bernie than Bradley Cooper or Hugh Jackman!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You mean Phoenix who spits in the face of awards? I agree, he should win, but probably won't.

Suspect's Reviews

Seriously? Bradley Cooper?...wtf? and no Leo?

DDL will win def for sure (I would have no problem) and I would like to see Joaquin Phoenix wins this one

Well, I want to see Silver Linings Playbook, but I dunno about the actor... my early feeling is... I'm very happy that Joaquin Phoenix, after making that crazy movie I'm Still Here, was able to accomplish getting an Oscar nom for Best Actor. I hope he wins.

I'm not surprised it's a close race between Joaquin and Daniel Day. I voted for Daniel Day but I would also love it if Joaquin wins it, just so I can hear what he'll say during the acceptance speech

I should add that Hugh Jackman did a spectacular and surprising job in Les Miserables. This is his first Oscar nomination, so I doubt he'll get it this time. The same can be said about Bradley Cooper.

Denzel and Daniel Day each have 2 Oscar wins. Daniel Day's transformation into Lincoln was mind-blowing. This is why I think he can win it. Denzel was good in Flight, but not Oscar worthy in my opinion.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Voting for Denzel because I do think his performance was better than that of Day-Lewis. Haven't seen the other 3. Though to be honest it seems all but wrapped up for DDL though I'd love to see an upset.

I dunno about Joaquin Phoenix anymore. I'd have to see The Master for real now. Bradley Cooper was great in Silver Linings Playbook. I could see him winning.

This is a two-horse race, but since Joaquin blasted the Academy DDL is definitely going to win. I wouldn't complain with either.

I can't wait to read Holden's write up on this category.

Why is Denzel Washington in there? The film seemed fine but hardly Oscar-worthy. Padding.