The MoFo Top Video Games List: The Countdown!

Tools    

Yeah, we had one. I remember getting it as a gift (for the whole family, I think) at my Grandma's house, and playing it that first time. I remember my Dad trying to beat it with a bunch of people watching, and dying at the hands of that first Bowser over and over, finally getting past him, getting the "Our Princess is in another castle" message and being all mock angry and turning it off.

The SNES was the first system I remember pining for before I got it, though.

Who here owned an NES?

I bought one of these yesterday, before the inevitable cease and desist order.
Got one for my 13th birthday. My sister and I loved Mario Brothers.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Who here owned an NES?

I bought one of these yesterday, before the inevitable cease and desist order.
Yes my dad got me one when I was little with a monster crate of games at a garage sale for like 20 bucks (including some rare games now)

Best system still to this day although I would put the 64 pretty close.

But I always enjoyed the PlayStation and Sega Genesis as well.

Yes my dad got me one when I was little with a monster crate of games at a garage sale for like 20 bucks (including some rare games now)

Best system still to this day although I would put the 64 pretty close.

But I always enjoyed the PlayStation and Sega Genesis as well.
What did Madden start on, Genesis?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I did not have the NES. My step brother did though in my dad's second family. Mom got me the Sega Master System. We'd argue which was better. We would rent Metroid and Contra constantly and play Super Mario Bros. all the time. We were 10 or 11 at that time.

I did eventually get the SNES years later, but only because K-mart had mistakenly set up their registers at 45% off store-wide discounts instead of the intended 5-15% off. Gah, I remember the lines!! It was a few years after release, I think. I had whatever Mario game was out at the time. I honestly don't remember having another SNES game though. Weird.

I'm probably late to the dance, and may not be qulified, but just for goofs here are mine;
- pac man
- ms pac man
- yar's revenge
- tekken 1-etc...
- combat
- wonder boy
- super mario bros
- contra
- TWISTED METAL 2-BEST GAME EVER CREATED
- asteroids
- space invaders
- great basketball
- bubsy 3d (DON'T JUDGE ME!!)

The People's Republic of Clogher
I had one of these:

They called it 'The NES for real gamers'.

WARNING: "The NES for real gamers" spoilers below
They didn't, really

The People's Republic of Clogher
18: Super Mario World

Released: November 1990
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Platform: Super NES, Game Boy Advance

88 points: One 5th, two 6ths, one 9th, one 16th

A system of cells interlinked
Fun stuff so far! I am crazy busy these past few days, so have been having trouble participating in the thread. I will try to comment when I can!

From my earlier post, Super Mario World was the game I was certain would make the Countdown. My room mate doesn't think this game holds up very well, but I'll always enjoy it. It was definitely one of my most played games on the SNES, and one I have a lot of fond memories discussing with friends. In the kitchen, I frequently find myself whistling tunes from this game haha. I debated for a long time where exactly it should be on my list, and eventually ranked it pretty high due to the nostalgia factor.

My List: 5/25

03. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - #26
04. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - #30
05. Super Mario World (SNES) - #18
06. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) - #28
11. Chrono Trigger (SNES) - #21

Damn, surprised it's higher than 64, it was my #16 and the lowest of the three Marios i had so here's hoping both of the other two make it, doubt it though. This was the one i had as a maybe to make it. I think Super Mario World is the one i've played the most as i've revisited it at various stages in my life. So much fun, i mean it introduced Yoshi!

08.Chrono Trigger
11.Final Fantasy 10
12.Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
15.Diablo II
16.Super Mario World
21.Mega Man 2
23.Silent Hill 2

Must be quite a bit of SNES fanboys here compared to NES and 64.
Out of curiosity, I checked how many were on my list. I have 6 SNES games, and only 1 NES game (which I prefer the GBA port of). Plus one game that was available on both NES and SNES.

Part of that might be due to the fact that I didn't have very many NES games, but I did have a fairly sizeable SNES collection. I was old enough during the SNES era to intentionally seek out games for it, plus there were various stores in the area that rented SNES games, but I don't recall them carrying many (if any) NES carts.

Similarly, I only have 1 N64 game on my list. Though there would probably be more N64 games there if it was longer than 25.