World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

Italy won't win it, of that I have no doubts. In fact I'm so confident, I'll stand anyone here as much cash as they want at 33/1 that Italy won't win it this time

Im running a prediction league on another forum, and had gone for Spain...Im sticking with it though, stranger things have happened, and this just feels like it could be another crazy story like Denmark winning Euro 92 when they only qualified because of Yugoslavia pulling out due to war breaking out.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

Vow what a start !! Russia beat Saudi Arabia 5-0 .
Some good goals as well. I expected Russia to beat them convincingly and wasn't aware of the team being called the worst ever. You'd expect Uruguay particularly to be a much more difficult opponent.

Didn't like the opening ceremony I'm afraid, especially Mr. Williams, who seemed blatantly anachronistic. The Firebird was a nice idea but the overall effect was a bit "no expense was spent" .

Both teams are poor. Although I haven't seen Egypt play, Uruguay will qualify, But the +5 GD to start with, Russia has a good chance of making it.

Both teams are poor. Although I haven't seen Egypt play, Uruguay will qualify, But the +5 GD to start with, Russia has a good chance of making it.
Yeah that's true.

I think it will be France. But I do hope Brazil do it. 6th would be nice. Germany and Italy are just too close for comfort.
Italy is not in the WC.

Italy won't win it, of that I have no doubts. In fact I'm so confident, I'll stand anyone here as much cash as they want at 33/1 that Italy won't win it this time
Just realized you are making a joke.

Some good goals as well. Didn't like the opening ceremony I'm afraid, especially Mr. Williams, who seemed blatantly anachronistic.
They were good goals. Russia’s biggest fear was that the host country would immediately be knocked out. (That has happened before, but can’t remember who.) They acquitted themselves well & it was fun to see the home crowd go bat****.

Who is Mr. Williams?

Fox.com coverage is a bit of a pain. Thought I would stream the entire game when I got home today, but, no, only the highlights are available. Pretty sure with ESPN.com you could watch an entire match after it was played.

Truckloads of commercials. Watch a single goal in replay, commercials. Start all over with the 2nd goal, more commercials. Etc. etc. Don’t remember this with ESPN.

Too lazy to look it up here, but someone wondered if there would be British commentators. ESPN had some brilliant guys, but, so far on Fox, Americans only. Which is ok, but sometimes I like to hear my fellow Brits.

2 p.m. tomorrow will watch - live - Spain vs. Portugal. I say Spain for a win.

I thought it’d be Uruguay and Egypt advancing from Group A initially, but now I’m not so sure.

Tommorow picks
Egypt 2 vs Uruguay 2
Morocco 0 vs Iran 1
Portugal 2 vs Spain 1

World Cup opening turned sour. Stung by a wasp!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
World Cup opening turned sour. Stung by a wasp!
What happened?

I went outside to clean the pool, didn't realize some wasps have made a hive just outside the door. They probably felt threatened, got stung at the back of the neck!

Come to thing of it, my first proper insect bite! Something to rejoice!

Grrrrr, I had Russia 3-0 with a saver on 4-0

Today's pennies-depleters:
Egypt 0 - 2 Uruguay
Morocco 1 - 0 Iran
Portugal 1 - 1 Spain

Let's see,
Egypt 0 - 3 uruguay
Morocco 3 - 1 iran
Portugal 1 - 2 spain
If you got them right, I'm gonna send you free J pop recommendations.

Anyways, I predicted Russia - Saudi Arabia to end with 4 - 0, but Russians just had to score an additional goal in the last minute!

Let's see,
Egypt 0 - 3 uruguay
Morocco 3 - 1 iran
Portugal 1 - 2 spain
If you got them right, I'm gonna send you free J pop recommendations.
yosha!

Anyways, I predicted Russia - Saudi Arabia to end with 4 - 0, but Russians just had to score an additional goal in the last minute!
tho' definite sure with russia i predicted it wont tallied by wider margin. Their stats before WC not impressive at all

Hey hey wait a minute, i actually talk football with minio senpai! :O