IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

Glad to help. Particularly given the topic: I'm pretty in love with the show, too. Started off decent enough, but got good in a hurry, and great shortly after.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I rewatch the episodes every night before the next (depending if another show is running at the same time) and can't get over how layered it is. I'm thoroughly entertained by it.

I rewatch the episodes every night before the next (depending if another show is running at the same time) and can't get over how layered it is. I'm thoroughly entertained by it.
Hey, I posted over on the Saul thread.

I'm fumbling around a bit blind with this new format. Need to adjust me ole multifocals so I can get accustomed to it. Too used to the dinosaur software over on imdb.

If you have any questions, you can post them here, send me a message, leave me a profile comment, post comment, whatever.

Most of the functions are designed to be pretty intuitive, so ideally things will be mostly where you'd expect them to be.

I'll get the hang of it, Yoda. As I said, I'm just to used to the old and out of date format on imdb. But thanks again.

OK I have a really stupid question for you, yoda. What are the notifications I'm getting? I keep thinking it's a pm but when I click on it I just see a post i made.

Is that like a thumbsup on stalk book? Thanks rodent.

Reputation is like upvotes, or +1s, or whatever other sites might call them. Just little votes to express approval, agreement, appreciation, etc. One per person per post.

You'll see that red notification badge for any number of things: it might mean new messages, new reputation, new profile comments, new post comments, that a review has been approved, etc. Just click on the avatar the red notification badge is sitting on top of to see the specifics.

Pretty much, yeah

At the top right of someone's post, you'll see a thumbs up, a speech bubble, and a cogwheel. If you click the thumb, you +rep that post, which is why you'll see some posts with a red flag at the top right and the number of how many times it's been repped.

ahh rightyo. I feel so old when it comes to net speak. thanks champ. Might need a walking frame soon at this rate. Pretty impressed so far. I've been inviting some imdb friendly refugees.

Another stoopid question - is there an edit function? My typing is getting pretty crappy and I frequently need to edit for spellink.

edit to add - never mind. just found it.

I've had the red warning for so long on imdb the colour was enough to make me think I was in trouble LOL.

Yeah, the cogwheel at the top right of your own post will open a popup box with the edit option.
Jesus I feel thick now - for 2 years I've been using tiny pieces of post-it notes placed on the screen to make corrections

Good rule of thumb for stuff here: anything beyond the basics is hidden from view until you need it. So, lots of options "under" that cog at the top right of each post, and you'll get links for each user's Profile, Posts, and Message if you hold your mouse over their avatar inside threads.

MoFo (Movie Forums) is pretty straight forward once you're used to it.

The site went through a massive overhaul a couple years back, Yoda even bought a purpose server for it and moved the boards across from the rented server, so basically the site is now his own thing.
The board was a basic forum before, but now it's a really personalised forum with lots of kooky functions and fun stuff going on rather than basic and bog-standard.

Jesus I feel thick now - for 2 years I've been using tiny pieces of post-it notes placed on the screen to make corrections

I bet that's a b*tch when scrolling

Oops I might have accidentally reported you, yoda, when i was testing the cog. If so, please ignore. I'm not a fan of reporting anyone, including admin to himself. heatwave here and my arm is slippery.