The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
eMilee says to send prayers and good thoughts to her very close friend who she just found out has lung cancer.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Thanks mark for explaining... Ever since I found out, I've cried a lot and just eagerly awaiting to see what the doctor says friday. I'm not ready to lose this person in my or Julia's life.

I called this person tonight and as I hung up, I made sure to say I love you. I feel raw... Just keep praying.

Oh sexy celebrity, please refrain from posting anything on my Facebook page. Let's keep this here. Ok???

Thank you all 333

I absolutely won't reveal anything you say on Facebook. Take care, eMilee.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm frustrated. My roommate is pushing me to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. He is a nice guy, mostly, otherwise I'd never have let him move in, but lately, I cannot deal with his behavior. He's often very manic, a giant ball of energy that's exploding in all directions. He'll talk in high pitched voices or in gibberish like you'd talk to an infant or a pet, he'll make disruptive sounds just to see the reactions of people around him. He's often like a small child begging me for attention, especially when I'm on the phone. He's incapable of keeping a job because anyone attempting to assert authority over him, in his mind, is an enemy. I try to talk to him about his behaviors, and he insists that he's doing these things to be funny. I say I don't find them funny at all, and he says that my reactions are funny to him, so he keeps doing these things. Then on the flip side, he'll go into dark moods where he will be rude to my friends or say inappropriate things, stay in his bedroom for days, not take care of himself, not even shower...always he's dismissive of other people's feelings, he will rudely cut you off if a topic of conversation doesn't interest him, he speaks in repetitive words and phrases, and has an odd obsession with his own childhood. I know he's got SOMETHING, but what? He has his good days where you can have conversations with him, for a while he was a very good friend to me. But then it just goes downhill. I wish I understood what was wrong, he's a very smart, and often funny man, but the weirdness and unpredictability is hard to handle.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

If someone has manic periods like that, complete opposites in attitude and mentality, it sounds to me like he could be bi-polar.

He probably hasn't realised it either and thinks that he's just being his normal self. Many are like that unless they're told about it.

Can't see the forest for the trees, so to speak.

Best thing to do is catch him when he's in his "level" mood and explain your concerns. Even if you have to tell a little white lie and say you're just concerned for his well-being with all the extreme swings in mood.
Trying to talk to someone while they're in a manic mood is a hopeless situation.

Not saying it is Bi-polar... but sounds like it.

Bi-polar is also a common factor with ADHD... which would also explain the begging for attention when you're on the phone.

If someone has manic periods like that, complete opposites in attitude and mentality, it sounds to me like he could be bi-polar.
Yeah, I have a girlfriend (can you also use this word in English if it's just a female friend, but nothing more?) that is bi-polar and she has some of the same symptoms that Monkeypunch is describing.

But my advice wasn't entirely meant as a joke. People with bipolar behavior often improve (at least for a while) when they have someone to cling to.

Monkeypunch, to me it sounds like your roommate has Asperger's Syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

A lot of what you described sounds like somebody with Asperger's. I was just reading about it the other day, in fact.

It doesn't sound like bi-polar disorder to me. It sounds like Asperger's.

I'm frustrated. My roommate is pushing me to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. He is a nice guy, mostly, otherwise I'd never have let him move in, but lately, I cannot deal with his behavior. He's often very manic, a giant ball of energy that's exploding in all directions. He'll talk in high pitched voices or in gibberish like you'd talk to an infant or a pet, he'll make disruptive sounds just to see the reactions of people around him. He's often like a small child begging me for attention, especially when I'm on the phone. He's incapable of keeping a job because anyone attempting to assert authority over him, in his mind, is an enemy. I try to talk to him about his behaviors, and he insists that he's doing these things to be funny. I say I don't find them funny at all, and he says that my reactions are funny to him, so he keeps doing these things. Then on the flip side, he'll go into dark moods where he will be rude to my friends or say inappropriate things, stay in his bedroom for days, not take care of himself, not even shower...always he's dismissive of other people's feelings, he will rudely cut you off if a topic of conversation doesn't interest him, he speaks in repetitive words and phrases, and has an odd obsession with his own childhood. I know he's got SOMETHING, but what? He has his good days where you can have conversations with him, for a while he was a very good friend to me. But then it just goes downhill. I wish I understood what was wrong, he's a very smart, and often funny man, but the weirdness and unpredictability is hard to handle.
Wait a minute. If he's jobless, who pays his half of the rent?? Not to be totally hilarious - but if he's paying a large portion of the rent because of some financial security and he's not about to stop - well........just suck it up and put up with.

Women do it all time! (married women REALLY do it all time - negative incidents included! )

Think of it this way - at least you dont have to have sex with him. *shrug*
#forreal

Think of it this way - at least you dont have to have sex with him. *shrug*
#forreal
But if you do, let us know about it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I don't know, Mack. I don't think your post was hilarious. I think it was kind of awful really.

Sexy and Donnie might remember my adventures in babysitting. One of the kids is exactly how you describe, Monkey. He was diagnosed as having ADD, but I don't know how much faith I have in that.

If you're wanting to preserve your friendship, I would consider getting a different roommate. Those behaviors would wear on anyone pretty quickly and much lesser roommate difficulties have resulted in severed friendships.

The only thing harder than changing your own behavior is changing someone else's. I'd talk to him just so that he is aware of how his behavior is effecting his own life then I would try to take as much of a break from his as possible.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
I know it's Saturday in my part of the world... Just ready for my life to calm down. I'm Almost positive I will lose even more pounds with all this stress!! Yayyyy me!!!

Has his behaviour always been like that since you've known him? The thing with Aspergers Syndrome is that someone is born with it, and it manifests itself when parents start noticing their child isn't reaching the normal developmental milestones.
It doesn't come in mood swings, it's always there and as a child becomes older they learn coping mechanisms to deal better with social situations depending on how far along the Aspergers spectrum they are.

Do you know his parents? Maybe you could have a word with them privately? Or if he has no family contacts maybe encourage him to see a doctor? If he is close to his family they will be worried about him, I know I would if he was my son.

Either the guy has Bipolar Disorder or has a Borderline Personality Disorder, He needs help

Either the guy has Bipolar Disorder or has a Borderline Personality Disorder, He needs help
I agree with Nebbs. It doesn't sound like Aspergers to me as it appears to come and go.

I don't know, Mack. I don't think your post was hilarious. I think it was kind of awful really.

Sexy and Donnie might remember my adventures in babysitting. One of the kids is exactly how you describe, Monkey. He was diagnosed as having ADD, but I don't know how much faith I have in that.

If you're wanting to preserve your friendship, I would consider getting a different roommate. Those behaviors would wear on anyone pretty quickly and much lesser roommate difficulties have resulted in severed friendships.

The only thing harder than changing your own behavior is changing someone else's. I'd talk to him just so that he is aware of how his behavior is effecting his own life then I would try to take as much of a break from his as possible.

What? WHY???? I need answers, man! And seriously - I highly DOUBT his roommate is bi-polar or has a disorder. MP has already "had a conversation" with him, and he clearly told MP that "he does it for fun" and when told it wasnt "fun" to the person it was done to, said (in so many words), "SO WHAT? I DID IT FOR MY FUN, [so screw you, as long as I'm having fun, it doesnt matter to me if no one else is, because I like making other people uncomfortable or mad - in fact, it gives me JOY]."

The man has been talked to. The man knows how other people feel. The man doesnt care. In other words, his roommate has the disorder of being a D1CK. That is all.

We all know a few of those. For real.

And I thought my comment was hilarious.