35.09%
20 votes
Musicals
22.81%
13 votes
Romance
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Trouble with a capital "T"
How's the voting looking so far? I haven't voted yet but still leaning to vote for War and only War because what is it good for, absolutely a better countdown than the others.

edit: Oh nevermind I can just see the vote counts if I logout or open in a private browser haha.
A little birdy told me about that, but I didn't let the cat out of the bag, promise

Right now war is ahead AND we have a confirmed host who's very pumped to host a war coundown!

So if you MoFos haven't voted and want the countdown to start sooner than later, Vote for WAR

Right now war is ahead AND we have a confirmed host who's very pumped to host a war coundown!

So if you MoFos haven't voted and want the countdown to start sooner than later, Vote for WAR

But would there be a host war between Speling and Keyser?

But would there be a host war between Speling and Keyser?
Nah, I'm cool with letting Keyser host. Wouldn't want to take the opportunity away from someone who hasn't gotten a chance to host a countdown.

So I know the genre hasn't been decided yet, let alone any eligibility rules, but I was poking around various movies on IMDb to see if they fell into the "war" category. I could rationalize pretty much everything I found until I saw that Wonder Woman is a war movie, but The King's Man and Captain America: The First Avenger are not.

Can't tell if you're serious or if that's a word play joke?

Yeah, just messing around.

When I was looking at what a potential War ballot would look like, I'm anticipating this more than I thought.

I don't think of myself as a fan of war movies, but if we do this countdown, I'm gonna have to leave some good stuff off my ballot.

A quick search on IMDB and I see there's 9,930 movies tagged 'war'. That's a lot! Don't believe me? Take a look...
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...m_votes%2Cdesc
Some interesting ones in there, a good mix. I've seen 172 of them.

That was just page one. But you seen 172 out of 250 on the 1st page...impressive!
I sorted them based on my rating and I have actually only seen a total of 172 out of all them. War is one of my least seen genres.

A quick search on IMDB and I see there's 9,930 movies tagged 'war'. That's a lot! Don't believe me? Take a look...
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...m_votes%2Cdesc

But "only" 11,989 feature films listed under the war genre (and 1402 TV movies).

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...le_type,genres

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...le_type,genres

I sorted them based on my rating and I have actually only seen a total of 172 out of all them. War is one of my least seen genres.
Seriously? You've only seen 172 out of 9,930 films? That's hard to believe as you're one of the best 'watched' MoFos on the board. Well war should give you a lot to explore, I've seen a lot of war films and they are not all bloody battles.

True, I selected Feature Films for my search so TV movies weren't included. The advanced IMDB search is neat as it can be configures many different ways.

Seriously? You've only seen 172 out of 9,930 films? That's hard to believe as you're one of the best 'watched' MoFos on the board. Well war should give you a lot to explore, I've seen a lot of war films and they are not all bloody battles.
You'll have to give me some recommendations of entertaining war films. It's a genre that I have a hard time getting excited or interested in.

I bought a dvd box set with 9 World War II Classics in it a while back and have only watched 3 of them, so now I have a good reason to watch the other 6! I might see if I can pick up another war themed box set. Anyone know of any good war box sets (dvd or blu ray) that they recommend?