A really tiny glimpse at the new design

Tools    

The beta version I'm using right now is great. Thanks, Yoda. Operation Mongoose is a success.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The beta version I'm using right now is great. Thanks, Yoda. Operation Mongoose is a success.
You just got the Beta version. Ha! I have been using it for months!

If Yoda really is giving out the beta version now, then I'll have to ban him from my guest house as he promised me I could get it, too, since I gave him input with the new design months ago. Just because I may be a nuisance to people around here is no reason to cheat me out of my beta version needs.

Hey, pipe down, you: your ridiculously long username is one of the things I've had to account for with the new thread layout. So this taking so long is really your fault, when you think about it.

Is the fact that the Movie Lists only show the AFI ones and the pagination has changed to only to to previous/next/first/last instead of jumping like 10, because of new design changes?

Also I have noticed recently, reading topics does not mark them as read like it should do all the time, so when I use today's posts option, it is hard to tell what I have already read sometimes. Is this a site thing or a problem from my end?

Is the fact that the Movie Lists only show the AFI ones and the pagination has changed to only to to previous/next/first/last instead of jumping like 10, because of new design changes?
Yes and yes. The former is because the lists shown are going to be capped (probably at 6) with a link to view the rest, so as a result you'll have a tool to decide what order you want them to display in.

The pagination might change back depending on how people respond, though it was done to try to stop it from becoming too wide, since the name of the game on the new layout is to keep things as clean and simple as possible.

Also I have noticed recently, reading topics does not mark them as read like it should do all the time, so when I use today's posts option, it is hard to tell what I have already read sometimes. Is this a site thing or a problem from my end?
Haven't done anything on this front, I don't think. Is this new or something you're maybe just noticing now? It's not supposed to mark them read immediately, I don't think. It's more on a per-visit basis.

Yes and yes. The former is because the lists shown are going to be capped (probably at 6) with a link to view the rest, so as a result you'll have a tool to decide what order you want them to display in.

The pagination might change back depending on how people respond, though it was done to try to stop it from becoming too wide, since the name of the game on the new layout is to keep things as clean and simple asp ossible.
Thought so, just checking, thanks for the response, looking forward to the new design now

Haven't done anything on this front, I don't think. Is this new or something you're maybe just noticing now? It's not supposed to mark them read immediately, I don't think. It's more on a per-visit basis.
Hmmm, yes it's new, been happening for a week now, I'll have to check my browser settings or something see if anything has changed, or google as it might be to do with cookies/caché? It used to mark the threads as read as soon as I'd view them, so I'd click "Today's Posts", open all the threads I'd want to read, read them, click it again and I could easily see what I hadn't read.

Is this different now because of the changes that are coming:

If I remember correctly, this thing used to let you skip pages ahead of a thread -- like it might have 3 up there instead of 4, or 2, anything that skips ahead more than just the next page. Lately I've noticed it only shows the page before it or the page ahead, nothing further back or further ahead.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	this.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	12905  

Is this different now because of the changes that are coming:

If I remember correctly, this thing used to let you skip pages ahead of a thread -- like it might have 3 up there instead of 4, or 2, anything that skips ahead more than just the next page. Lately I've noticed it only shows the page before it or the page ahead, nothing further back or further ahead.
Great minds think alike. Read above.