Pets

Tools    

Only the two friendliest breeds on the planet!
Yeah, he's basically a Frankenstein of friendliness. Downright clingy sometimes as a result!

I've read that labs and pits are two of the healthiest breeds, and that mutts are healthier than purebreeds, and he's all, three, so apparently he's going to live forever.

I've worked with dogs, cats, exotic pets of all kinds, and a pretty wide variety of injured wildlife, as well as feral cats we fix for a local trap-neuter-return program. I've been bitten/clawed/sprayed/etc. by more different species than most people could probably claim. And I can honestly say, of any animal I can imagine (not counting humans), I'd LEAST like to meet a feral cat in a dark alley.
HELL no! NEVER want to meet a feral cat in an alley! I've had two cats during my childhood and when those things are pssed off they attack, bite and claw like hell! They've had me bleeding before...and those are just HOUSE cats! I can only imagine what a feral cat would do. Maybe they'd act like the cats in that one horror movie: "Strays". In that movie, a family's house is invaded by feral cats. Dozens of them.

I grew up with cats and know better than to pss one off. Those suckers may be small but they're VICIOUS and AGGRESSIVE and WILL leave you bleeding if you cross them the wrong way. There's just no two ways about it--they hold NOTHING back.

The best animal event I ever saw was a wiener dog race (sort of a side event at a horse race where I found myself). At "Go", one dog went for the finish line (maybe ten feet away), while the rest just swarmed into the middle of the course to play with each other. They all won!
I've always liked wiener dogs. I used to go over to my father's house to mow the lawn when he was out of town and his neighbor had a wiener dog that knew me. Whenever I'd go over, the dog would run from the yard next store and come up to me and eagerly jump up to me to lick my face. Then he would lie on his back and let me scratch his belly. Loving little guy.

HELL no! NEVER want to meet a feral cat in an alley! I've had two cats during my childhood and when those things are pssed off they attack, bite and claw like hell! They've had me bleeding before...and those are just HOUSE cats! I can only imagine what a feral cat would do. Maybe they'd act like the cats in that one horror movie: "Strays". In that movie, a family's house is invaded by feral cats. Dozens of them.

I grew up with cats and know better than to pss one off. Those suckers may be small but they're VICIOUS and AGGRESSIVE and WILL leave you bleeding if you cross them the wrong way. There's just no two ways about it--they hold NOTHING back.
Yeah people forget cats are basically miniature tigers/panthers etc. too many cat memes.

wild/feral ones can mess you up soundly, and won't hesitate to do it. My neighborhood is surrounded by woods and out in those woods are colonies of ferals.. I worked with a local catch/fix/release group getting them fixed so the population has gone down over the years, but of course we didn't get all of them. It gets creepy if you wander down to the clubhouse at night, you'll see reflective eyes watching you from all angles.

I feed them so when the eventual cat uprising happens, they'll have me down as the nice human.

Yeah people forget cats are basically miniature tigers/panthers etc. too many cat memes.

wild/feral ones can mess you up soundly, and won't hesitate to do it. My neighborhood is surrounded by woods and out in those woods are colonies of ferals.. I worked with a local catch/fix/release group getting them fixed so the population has gone down over the years, but of course we didn't get all of them. It gets creepy if you wander down to the clubhouse at night, you'll see reflective eyes watching you from all angles.

I feed them so when the eventual cat uprising happens, they'll have me down as the nice human.
Yes and it makes you hope even more that you NEVER have a run in with loose lion/tiger/etc.

We have bob cats and mountain lions in my area and, I'm sure, feral cats. I hear them in the woods at night sometimes.

LOL at cat uprising. It SOUNDS funny but the scary aspect of it is that a cat uprising could probably be effective if enough of those damn things bred. Cat apocalypse.

Yes and it makes you hope even more that you NEVER have a run in with loose lion/tiger/etc.

We have bob cats and mountain lions in my area and, I'm sure, feral cats. I hear them in the woods at night sometimes.

LOL at cat uprising. It SOUNDS funny but the scary aspect of it is that a cat uprising could probably be effective if enough of those damn things bred. Cat apocalypse.
Oh I've watched them hunt in packs taking down squirrels and stuff.and we used to have a raccoon problem down by the clubhouse and dumpsters til the ferals migrated to that area and dead raccoons started showing up...

Oh I've watched them hunt in packs taking down squirrels and stuff.and we used to have a raccoon problem down by the clubhouse and dumpsters til the ferals migrated to that area and dead raccoons started showing up...
I could easily see a pack of them bringing a human down. Even a gun wouldn't be sufficient if enough of those suckers were swarming you.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've always liked wiener dogs. I used to go over to my father's house to mow the lawn when he was out of town and his neighbor had a wiener dog that knew me. Whenever I'd go over, the dog would run from the yard next store and come up to me and eagerly jump up to me to lick my face. Then he would lie on his back and let me scratch his belly. Loving little guy.
Do you guys actually call them that over there or is it just a nick? At our first dog show Mr Dani said 'oh look at the cute sausage dogs' and the breeder gave him the death stare and a lecture'

Do you guys actually call them that over there or is it just a nick? At our first dog show Mr Dani said 'oh look at the cute sausage dogs' and the breeder gave him the death stare and a lecture'
They're primarily referred to as wiener dogs over here and associated with hot dogs (they even have hot dog costumes for them here) but my wife always calls them "sausage dogs", so I guess "wiener dog" is just an American thing. Not sure, though.

They're just called Dachy here or the snooty owners will smack you in the teef.

Yep, we call them that, and it's stuck.

Great little dogs. The owner next door had a standard wire coat she got from rescue. Such a dapper little man.

They're just called Dachy here or the snooty owners will smack you in the teef.
LOL! I wonder why. I mean--it's a cute nickname to give them, really.

Yep, we call them that, and it's stuck.

It IS almost lunch time, isn't it?

Oh dear, purebred breeders and owners can be very snotty, ESPECIALLY at dog shows. Have you seen Best in Show? That is spot on, except they didnt show a punch up in the ring or people cutting someone's brake lines on their dog trailers. I kid you not. Oh the stories I could tell.

One year I was showing my boy at Sydney Royal and bro turned up to photograph us. He and his then wife were thinking of getting a poodle because they're super smart and dont shed. I pointed out a poodle exhibitor and told him to go have a chat. He asked what was better as a family pet - a boy or a girl. The exhibitor sneered and said 'the correct terms are dog and bitch'. Woah. What a man bitch. I was so embarrassed.

Oh dear, purebred breeders and owners can be very snotty, ESPECIALLY at dog shows. Have you seen Best in Show? That is spot on, except they didnt show a punch up in the ring or people cutting someone's brake lines on their dog trailers. I kid you not. Oh the stories I could tell.

One year I was showing my boy at Sydney Royal and bro turned up to photograph us. He and his then wife were thinking of getting a poodle because they're super smart and dont shed. I pointed out a poodle exhibitor and told him to go have a chat. He asked what was better as a family pet - a boy or a girl. The exhibitor sneered and said 'the correct terms are dog and bitch'. Woah. What a man bitch. I was so embarrassed.
Damn. They might as well cut to the chase and wear a manacle and long, curtly 'stache.

LOL I love that movie. It's got it all. The gays, the lesbians, the older exhibitors, the bitching, the yuppies. When they were shooting the actual show an extra, who is an older american breeder/exhibitor abused Christopher Guest because her dog didn't win. LMAO. One of the judges is a real american dog judge and he came out here to judge a show, so just before Best in Show a group of us did a parody for him. Hilarious.