I hate Israel so much

Tools    

Ok time for me to be serious (which i try to avoid )
I havent been here that long but you guys seem to be good friends on here, so dont argue over this guy.
He made a childish thread and reading the posts i think he desvered to get banned.
He got out of his pram said what he wanted acted childishly and got banned, end of story.
This thread should now be locked/deleted.

And now for something compleatly differnt *does a funny walk from the ministry of funny walks*

I totally agree Isreal is evil. Heck its the reason there is a crisis in the middle east to begin with.
If America wants peace in the middle east and wants to avoid another 9/11 (which I think we all do) then we need to stop being Isreal's lap dog turning a blind eye to the crimes against humanity it has committed even to the extent of supporting those crimes as a method of "self defense" and start holding Isreal accountable.
In truth I personally believe that we should just get rid of Isreal and re-establish Palistine...but thats just my oppinion

You ready? You look ready.
Wow. What a choice for a first post. Bumping a flaming topic up from the grave.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm going to have to issue a warning here. If you say something like that again, Jonathan, your account will be banned.

This is a very sensitive subject, so people blanketing either side with terms like "evil" (as this new member did) right in the middle of a bloody conflict are going to find their posts deleted and their accounts banned if they continue doing it. If you want to say a particular act is evil, that's one thing, and you can voice your general disapproval any number of ways.

This may feel like a fine line, but it's one I feel needs to be enforced. I don't want a verbal holy war on this board. It's a hard issue to discuss even politely, without members (let alone total newbies) dropping in and using the starkest language imaginable just to stir up trouble.

first off let me appologize if I offended anyone...I was merely surfing the web on a chosen topic (namely my oppinon on the middle east) and I happen to come accross the oppinion of a certain past member of whom I agree with on this site and so I threw my 2 cents in... I did not take into account the date of the entry just the content itself...forgive me for bringing up a dead issue. But in the future please realize that entering certain ideas to look up online can lead one to this persons article and as such lead random people like me to respond.....BTW what is this chat page about anyway?

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm going to have to issue a warning here. If you say something like that again, Jonathan, your account will be banned.

This is a very sensitive subject, so people blanketing either side with terms like "evil" (as this new member did) right in the middle of a bloody conflict are going to find their posts deleted and their accounts banned if they continue doing it. If you want to say a particular act is evil, that's one thing, and you can voice your general disapproval any number of ways.

This may feel like a fine line, but it's one I feel needs to be enforced. I don't want a verbal holy war on this board. It's a hard issue to discuss even politely, without members (let alone total newbies) dropping in and using the starkest language imaginable just to stir up trouble.

Originally Posted by Johnathan_F
first off let me appologize if I offended anyone...I was merely surfing the web on a chosen topic (namely my oppinon on the middle east) and I happen to come accross the oppinion of a certain past member of whom I agree with on this site and so I threw my 2 cents in... I did not take into account the date of the entry just the content itself...forgive me for bringing up a dead issue. But in the future please realize that entering certain ideas to look up online can lead one to this persons article and as such lead random people like me to respond.....
While I appreciate your apology and clarification, the problem wasn't so much the resurrecting of the old thread as what you chose to say. Still, I appreciate you toning it down.

BTW what is this chat page about anyway?
If you mean this forum, it's, well, about movies. We have areas here for discussions unrelated to cinema, of course, but we try to keep the focus on film more often than not.

unrelated to cinema you say....so by that do you mean you only discuss sundance or inde films?

unrelated to cinema you say....so by that do you mean you only discuss sundance or inde films?
No. I'm not sure where I'm being unclear here, exactly...this forum exists to allow people to discuss movies. This particular board (titled "Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat") exists so that the members here can occasionally discuss things other than movies.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by Yoda
I gave you a second chance to be polite in your political contentions. You assured me you would. You've now broken that assurance, and have thus been banned again.

The situation between Israel and Palestine is a complicated one. Even if we were all to agree that Israel was doing unreasonable things, it would still not justify the kind of comments you have repeatedly made about the Israelis as a whole, or at those who have defended them.

On a less objective note, the mere fact that you cannot contain your anger should serve a signal to you that you are not being fair and objective in your judgements about the situation. You appear far too emotionally involved in the conflict to give a fair account of it. Right or wrong, the attitude you bring to these discussions will only hurt your case in the long run.

That's all.
Excellent post, although I will admit that it is perfectly *reasonable* to be emotional about such matters of life, death, and land.

This is a VERY complicated issue, and I doubt that internet punditry will win anyone over to anyone else's side. I'm glad this is one of many forums where people can get issues off their chest, but after a certain amount of bickering, it's easy to find a stalemate that will only lead to more hurt feelings, which is why I pulled out of the other thread (I'd like my time here to be more about movies than about politics, after all).

I don't wish anyone ill will, or any group of people, etc. I wish only for the same things other people typically wish--peace and prosperity. Actions notwithstanding, if the Israelis left the Middle East, that would be a huge gaping hole of culture, as well as an extremely unique, extremely vulnerable 10% Arab-Christian populace. And if many Palestinians continue to be decimated by poverty and uncareful military operations, that, too, will lead to a gaping hole in the culture of the region. Both cultures are so fragile in so many ways, it's easy to see why they react to each other like cornered beasts, and particularly easy to see why there may be hatred when one culture is typically wealthy or middle-income and the other is impoverished.

As I always say, it's the oldest civilized region in the world, but in many ways, it's the least mature. These two types of people need each other (and I don't mean as the basis for a hateful dichotomy), and there are many peaceful neighborhoods in America (I'm not sure about other places) where that reciprocity is evident.

So, as absolutely corny as it may sound, the last thing we need in this world right now is MORE hatred (such as that present in the title of this thread).

I wonder who this "SPIDEI2_MAN__" is.

By the way jonathan...i am SPIDEI2_MAN__ and this thread has been dead for a while now...its one of the reasons i got banned and had to change my name to this one.

Personally I dont think your post merited a warning it wasn't malicious in nature..just very emotional, however, learn to curb your language around here and i welcome your support. Hope to see you around kid.

Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
Excellent post, although I will admit that it is perfectly *reasonable* to be emotional about such matters of life, death, and land.

This is a VERY complicated issue, and I doubt that internet punditry will win anyone over to anyone else's side. I'm glad this is one of many forums where people can get issues off their chest, but after a certain amount of bickering, it's easy to find a stalemate that will only lead to more hurt feelings, which is why I pulled out of the other thread (I'd like my time here to be more about movies than about politics, after all).

I don't wish anyone ill will, or any group of people, etc. I wish only for the same things other people typically wish--peace and prosperity. Actions notwithstanding, if the Israelis left the Middle East, that would be a huge gaping hole of culture, as well as an extremely unique, extremely vulnerable 10% Arab-Christian populace. And if many Palestinians continue to be decimated by poverty and uncareful military operations, that, too, will lead to a gaping hole in the culture of the region. Both cultures are so fragile in so many ways, it's easy to see why they react to each other like cornered beasts, and particularly easy to see why there may be hatred when one culture is typically wealthy or middle-income and the other is impoverished.

As I always say, it's the oldest civilized region in the world, but in many ways, it's the least mature. These two types of people need each other (and I don't mean as the basis for a hateful dichotomy), and there are many peaceful neighborhoods in America (I'm not sure about other places) where that reciprocity is evident.

So, as absolutely corny as it may sound, the last thing we need in this world right now is MORE hatred (such as that present in the title of this thread).
for the first time since we've debated about politics...i can't find anything in this post i disagree with.

BANNED
damn It's unbelievable how many people are out there who just do not understand the situation and because of some images seen in the media developers retarded opinion.

this video summarizes the situation the best:

Edit -another one:
&feature=related

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I live in the UAE and have a few Palestinian friends so quite clearly my opinion on this matter is going to be completely skewed one way. I'm not even going to touch this topic *avoids conflict and argument*

Semper Fooey
Hey, Mr. Pink, there is no need to revive every ancient thread you can find about Israel, and why are you double posting videos? You are not going to convert pro Palestinians with clips from super right-wingers like Glenn Beck and Dennis Prager.

I understand if you are anti-Israeli, but I do not understand if you are Pro-Palestinian. How anyone can support someone who deliberately targets children is beyond me.