RIP Prince

Tools    

I swear his death is even bigger in the media than David Bowie's.

Doesn't surprise me, actually. Prince and Michael Jackson used to feel like... Pepsi and Coke to me... back in the day.
As big as Prince was, I bet his funeral won't get the television coverage that Michael Jackson's did.

As big as Prince was, I bet his funeral won't get the television coverage that Michael Jackson's did.
I've been wondering about this.... I highly doubt Prince would want a televised funeral. I don't think we're getting one. He was a private man and he was sincere about that. Michael Jackson was all about flash and being seen everywhere, even if he acted like he didn't want to be seen.

I have to return some videotapes...
Sad and he was so young too, so many hits came from this guy.

I wonder if the unavailability of Prince songs on Youtube... that we've had.... made him more special now. Now that he's dead.

It's like, in a way, he was hard to find. Hard to hear. And now he's left us and maybe that's made him more special. More rare.

You can find all of his stuff on Youtube right now. Even music videos you couldn't easily find before. Rare interviews and stuff. Youtube has just exploded with Prince. And they're not taking it down yet.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Too bad there isn't a song tournament running right now where he is eligible. I always wanted to nominate a couple of songs of his, but you couldn't find them.

Too bad there isn't a song tournament running right now where he is eligible. I always wanted to nominate a couple of songs of his, but you couldn't find them.
The idea of doing a fast Prince Song Tournament has been running through my mind today.... nothing but Prince songs. Before they disappear from Youtube. Hmmmm....

There's going to be so much stuff coming out over the next few years. Decade or so even, depending on who has the rights and how they want to release it. He had hundreds, if not thousands, of unreleased songs, films, videos and all kinds of stuff. I was never much of fan, but his output was phenomenal and on a level I don't think anyone else could come close to.

I have one thing to say about all the coverage over the past 2 days... before now, the last time I heard a Prince song on the radio was like, in the year 1990, maybe 1991.

Now these dopey radio DJs are playing his stuff 24 hours a day making out they all loved him and that they were always his biggest fan.

I knew his biggest songs and I respect what he did for the industry and his showmanship and respected his talent and genius... but I wouldn't dare say I was a "fan" (just because he's now dead).

All these morons on the radio and on TV need to get off the bandwagon. If you're such a huge fan, why haven't you played his stuff for the past quarter century?

I have one thing to say about all the coverage over the past 2 days... before now, the last time I heard a Prince song on the radio was like, in the year 1990, maybe 1991.
Shame on you. You didn't even have the decency to listen to "1999" in 1999?

Was Purple Rain good?
Yeah. I mean it wasnt A Tale Of Two Cities, but if you like his music, it was good for what it was supposed to be. I never saw the movie he made after that one though. It bombed.