Top 100 Favorite Movies of Journeyowns

→ in
Tools    

Planet! after watching Annie Hall, I find Woody a bit less annoying.
It was a damn good movie... Maybe I started of with wrong movies of his..

Any suggestions for my next Woody Allen film?

'Tis a great film. Maybe now your tastes might finally start to even out with my own!

Seriously, glad you liked it.

Try the one he made after that. Manhattan. It's even better in some ways---but deals with similar subject matter---and it's probably the most beautifully shot Allen film ever made.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Woody actually made Interiors in between Annie Hall and Manhattan, but who cares, right?

We can't all be encyclopedias like you, mark.

But Interiors is nothing like Annie Hall. It's still a good film, but it's very quiet and subdued and has no humor or romance.

am i the only who dislikes the pursuit of happyness?

Haven't met a sole being who dislikes that movie.. It's so lonely out here..
+ 1

That was me. It's meh. I can totally see how someone else could like it. But I just don't.

40. Zombieland (2009)
(Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg)

"There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

One of the coolest movies I know. Hilarious and action-packed. What's not to like?

39. Major League (1989)
(Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen)

"Just a reminder, fans, comin' up is our "Die-hard Night" here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant."

This is a movie I watched all the time growing up and just could not get enough of. I love a good sports comedy, and that is just what this is.

37. Rocky (1976)
(Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire)

"ADRIAN!"

I like all of the Rocky films, even 5 (but that's mainly due to the cheese level being off the charts). This one, however, is the best of the bunch by a mile. I love a good underdog story.

36. Glory (1989)
(Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington)

"Let me tell you something, boy. You can march like the white man, you can talk like him. You can sing his songs, you can even wear his suits. But, you ain't NEVER gonna be nothing to him, than an ugly ass chimp... in a blue suit."

Great war movie with an awesome cast.

I like your list a lot because it's full of movies anyone can enjoy. Your choices aren't pretentious or too 'high-end', but many are still exceptional. I think it's probably the most accessible list I've seen here.

Your choices aren't pretentious or too 'high-end'
Precisely what's wrong with the list.

Precisely what's wrong with the list.
We all enjoy what we enjoy man. One of the reasons I joined this board is because I haven't seen most of the "high-end" movies that are out there. I'm trying to branch out, but you can't list what you haven't seen.

Relax. I'm kidding. Half of these I actually couldn't help liking while a watched them. Bad Santa is not one of those however.

Relax. I'm kidding. Half of these I actually couldn't help liking while a watched them. Bad Santa is not one of those however.
Just an observation, if you're "kidding" in like 80% of your posts it 1, isn't funny anymore, and 2, is extremely hard to tell when you're serious.

Am I the only who dislikes The Pursuit of Happyness?

Haven't met a sole being who dislikes that movie.. It's so lonely out here..
You must be the only one. I think most people like it because of the story itself, how a man overcomes so many odds to make things to succeed for he and his son. I think if you put any adult in that same situation they would try and do the same.

Nope, I am not the only one anymore.. Brodinski is in with me too..

I agree that how he overcomes all those odds might have been interesting.. but didn't you find it a bit glamourized & unreal at some point.. I have seen some pretty serious movies based on real life about people struggling... but this one was too damn flashy.
& it sold out well because of the cute kid...

Anyway, I have the same argument with my girl. She absolutely loves this film.. & she loves the kid.. She even tried talking me into watching Karate Kid.. But I wouldn't budge.

Karate Kid, if you're referring to the new one with Jayden Smith, is a great movie. I don't mean good, I mean great. Seriously. It's way better than the original and in my opinion is better than The Pursuit of Happyness. BTW, that +rep for genesis pig was from me.

Both g_p and C&W recommend The Karate Kid. Maybe I should...

No.

I'll be watching Godard's In Praise of Love (2002) instead.