Your Favourite Beatles Song!!!

Tools    

She said She said

Pure class!

closely followed by Hey Bulldog

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Strummer521
You must not have dug too deeply into their catalogue. It seems hard to say The White Album, Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road aren't at least a little complex?
And how about "Tomorrow Never Knows" on Revolver?

The Beatles was perhaps not always the most complex 60's group in terms of song structure. But if you dig deeper into their pioneering way of recording songs and innovative use of studio equipment they were among the foremost, with a little help from their friend, George Martin.

I am not really a big fan of any Beatles album, I think most of them have too many weak songs on them (the early albums are really more even, even if the later ones are more interesting). But if you listen to the sound on, for instance, Revolver it's just amazing how fresh it still sounds. Don't know if I've allready told this story in this thread, but I remember one time in a club when the dj played "Tomorrow Never Knows" and I said to a (rather ignorant ) friend "Wow, I can't believe this is from 1966!". She replied, "It's from 1966?? It's sounds new! Who is it??".

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Just wanted to mention the possibly best B-side ever released: "Rain". What I think is significant of the greatness of Paul McCartney is the way he seems to have given all of his focus and attention in many of John's songs as well. Just listen to the bass playing in "Rain". Great stuff.... Fantastic song....
That's what Oasis would have sounded like had they been any good...

Originally Posted by Tacitus
That's what Oasis would have sounded like had they been any good...
Now, now... I still think Definitely Maybe is a great 90's classic. Then again, Oasis were always better when they leaned more towards Sex Pistols then towards Beatles, imo. But I think I share the opinion of "Rain" being the best b-side with Noel actually. I think I read that somewhere....

Now, now... I still think Definitely Maybe is a great 90's classic. Then again, Oasis were always better when they leaned more towards Sex Pistols then towards Beatles, imo. But I think I share the opinion of "Rain" being the best b-side with Noel actually. I think I read that somewhere....
Aye, there were a few excellent songs on Definately Maybe but they went downhill quicker than Franz Klammer with a severe dose of the squits.

Being a Small Faces tribute band thesedays is quite sad (and that's speaking as someone who gigged round the North West in their wake in the early 90s).

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Probably "Don't Let Me Down"

I also recently fell in love with Abbey Road The whole chronological sequence of the last coulple of songs is beautiful. I just found about them after questining them on another forum, and wow! I put them in order. It's pure brilliance and genius.

It goes:

You Never Give Me Your Money
Sun King
Mean Mr. Mustard
Polythene Pam
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End
Her Majesty

Genius and brilliance.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Aye, there were a few excellent songs on Definately Maybe but they went downhill quicker than Franz Klammer with a severe dose of the squits.

Being a Small Faces tribute band thesedays is quite sad (and that's speaking as someone who gigged round the North West in their wake in the early 90s).
I have no idea what you're talking about half of the time.... But it looks funny!

But yeah they went in the wrong direction... To me the sacking of the first drummer seems symbolic in an eerie way. The only song I really like on "What's the story..." is "Some Might Say" the only song on the album that he played on. It just sounded like they went from playing up yours rock'n'roll to brit pop. And yes I have to admit that I've been singing along to "Don't Look Back In Anger" many a time... it is a fine tune. But it isn't a "Supersonic", "Live Forever", "Rock'n'roll Star" or "Cigarettes and Alchohol".

I just saw on allmusic.com that their album from 2005 got 4½ out of 5 stars!!?? I think I missed they released an album last year.. Has anyone heard it??

I just saw on allmusic.com that their album from 2005 got 4½ out of 5 stars!!?? I think I missed they released an album last year.. Has anyone heard it??
I heard a couple of tracks on the radio when the album was released and it just sounded like pub rock to my ears.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, It's not bad actually. There's a couple of decent singles on it. Get hold of 'The Importance of Being Idle' and 'Lyla'.

They'll never get back to the hights of 'Definatly Maybe' because they're rich now, there's nothing for them to rebel against.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Yeah, It's not bad actually. There's a couple of decent singles on it. Get hold of 'The Importance of Being Idle' and 'Lyla'.

They'll never get back to the hights of 'Definatly Maybe' because they're rich now, there's nothing for them to rebel against.
Hey, if Stones could do it why can't they? Or maybe that's why Stones were exceptional.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, maybe they can but for now I'll remain negative until I see a decent run of releases. The Stones in retrospect have a fantastic catalogue (as do the Beatles ) but I bet at the time of certain album releases fans were a little disheartened and unsure on how they'd pan out.

I really like Oasis' last album. I love "The Importance of Being Idle", and I think "Let There Be Love" is a great song.

Mine would be Mean Mr. Mustard

"You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"...makes me cry!!!
"Blackbird"....gives me comfort!!!
"Come Together"....makes me feel creative!!!!

Revolution 9
Lady Madonna
It's Only a Northern Song
Julia
Helter Skelter
You've got to hide your love away
their version of Twist and Shout
One after 909
Dig it
Ballad of John and Yoko

just so many

and Lennon was genius

Working Class Hero
Watching the Wheels
Mother

I have two many since they are recently the only band I listen to. If I name all of my favourite songs from them that will take about two hours to do, so I will just say my favourite albums which are The White Album, Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band.

Movie Forums Member
I am the Walrus.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Is that who did that cover? It's really fantastic, I never could figure out who did it.
make yourself ringtones use your favorite songs use mp3 to ringtone gold ,download it at http://www.ddz1977.com/me.html

Pffff, tough, can't really pick one favorite.

For No One
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Tomorrow Never Knows

those three i like best at the moment, closely followed by

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Helter Skelter
Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Lost in never never land
Selecting only one is difficult, but Blackbird has to be my favorite.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity