Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Tonight's likely viewing...

That three-hour, five-minutes running time for Barry Lyndon is daunting, though. Hope it's a good film, gets decent reviews.

Le Cercle Rouge (1970)

Very much looking forward to this one! I loved Le Samouraļ, but I have a feeling that this Melville film could be even more impressive. Hopefully this will become a contender for my '70s list!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
X2: X-Men United - This one is awesome. A giant leap in quality, confidence, and action from the original, X2 borrows story elements from Chris Claremont's "God Loves, Man Kills" graphic novel, as well as hints towards "The Dark Phoenix Saga" (which we'd never really get), and Barry Windsor Smith's "Weapon X" miniseries (also poorly handled in future films, sadly)...My favorite scenes are the ones with Nightcrawler (a truly great performance by Alan Cumming, rendered unrecognizable by his blue makeup), and the savage fighting style of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Thumbs way way up.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Finished here. It's been fun.

Pickpocket-Need to see more Bresson, haven't seen nearly enough from him.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Oculus-In the mood for what I'm hoping for is a solid horror flick.

Oculus-In the mood for what I'm hoping for is a solid horror flick.
If this was a 2014 film, which I originally thought it was when I saw it, it would be my favorite of the year so far. I loved it.