Nominated by Joel

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Station Agent.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	43645  

Trouble with a capital "T"
There ya go folks! As always thanks guys! for making this fun...and I'm thrilled to say everyone finished, a big thanks for that

Congrats to Joel! People really loved The Station Agent...Which is now officially inducted into the Hall of Fame Archives. I'll add it's name and movie poster to the Wall of Fame.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Quite happily surprised Station took it -- CONGRATS Joel!!!
Had it at #4
And Rebecca at #6, CONGRATS Cosmic for the #2 spot! Bravo!!!

Leaving me to say, as always, A D@MN SPLENDID JOB CR!!!

Excellent films across the board!!

Looks like I just barely missed the reveal, and I was here right next to the computer the entire time haha.

I certainly wasn't expecting to see Rebecca make it to #2, especially with only two points separating it from the top spot. I guess it kind of softens the blow from seeing Aguirre place so poorly. But this was a very solid HoF with really great films, and I would've been happy no matter what the results were.

Here was my list:
01. The Station Agent (2003)
02. Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972)
03. The Elephant Man (1980)
04. In the Mood for Love (2000)
05. Rebecca (1940)
06. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)
07. Glory (1989)
08. Shallow Grave (1994)
09. L'Avventura (1960)
10. American Graffiti (1973)
11. Out of the Blue (1980)

Thanks for hosting, Citizen! You did a wonderful job as always! And congrats to Joel and The Station Agent for winning.

Congrats, Joel. I really liked that one.

Here's my ballot:

1. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2. Glory
3. The Station Agent
4. Shallow Grave
5. In the Mood for Love
6. Out of the Blue
7. Rebecca
8. Aguirre, the Wrath of God
9. The Elephant Man
10. American Graffiti
11. L'Avventura

Congrats to Joel! People really loved The Station Agent...Which is now officially inducted into the Hall of Fame Archives. I'll add it's name and movie poster to the Wall of Fame.
I'm happy for Joel.... but THAT won?

I've seen it. I personally didn't think it was all that spectacular.

Yeah, I kind of had to stick my foot in my mouth there.

BTW, you and that thread you made were kind of the reason why I chose Hedwig. I didn't know what to nominate and then I thought "Well if I'm gonna get made fun of for telling people they should watch it anyway, I might as well embrace it and make people watch it."

Trouble with a capital "T"
I made a graph of the point spread between the 11 movie nominations. You can see most of the movies are pretty close in points.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	15th HoF.png
Views:	175
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	43658  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
even thought I mentioned the placements throughout, here's my vote:

1) Glory
2) In the Mood for Love
3) Shallow Grave
4) The Station Agent
5) Hedwig and the Angry Inch
6) Rebecca
7) American Graffiti
8) Out of the Blue
9) The Elephant Man
10) Aguirre, The Wrath of God
11) L'Avventura
These past HoFs have been FULL of great films and the lower spots DO NOT designate dislike or lack of enjoyment in the films.

and LOVE the graph, CR!!!

Let the night air cool you off
I forgot that I hadn't said anything about my last three watches:

L'Avventura: A beautiful and challenging film that will reward those with patience. It's a bit long, so you really have to work to pay attention the whole time. I think this would be a way better experience in a movie theater, but sadly I'll probably never get that opportunity.

Out of the Blue: I'm not sure about the acting of the main girl here, but I think I might not be too low on it after a rewatch. I do love of how dark, gritty, grimy, sleazy, and bleak it is. Pure nihilism.

Shallow Grave: I was worried I'd hate the film at get-go, but as it went along, the deplorably annoying characters became worth the watch. It became a really good Tarantino-indie thriller.

Let the night air cool you off
My list:

1. Rebecca
2. The Elephant Man
3. Aguirre, The Wrath of God
4. American Graffiti
5. Out of the Blue
6. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
7. L'Avventura
8. Shallow Grave
9. The Station Agent
10. In the Mood for Love
11. Glory

I would have been fine with any of the top 8 winning, because I'd say those are all at least
films, with maybe Shallow Grave being the closest to less than that level. I have no problem with The Station Agent, but I really don't understand it winning over some of these films. In the Mood for Love was a huge letdown for me, but I think it's decent. The only bad film is Glory, and boy, it's bad. It's the worst film I've seen this year, but if it makes anybody feel any better, I haven't seen that many films. It's a sh*tty film though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Station Agent?!?! I mean, I thought it was decent but HOF worthy?

Clearly the weakest winner we have seen.

I was hoping In the Mood for Love or The Elephant Man would win.